Welcome to PatsFans.com

Here's The Indy Star's Phil B's Fantasy Prediction for this Game...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsDeb, Jan 17, 2007.

1. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

"This game will be close. No other way to see it. The Patriots show up every time. They don’t get down after bad plays. They keep fighting. The Colts could take an early lead, but it won’t discourage Bill Belichick’s team. If Manning has the sense to throw the ball away when it’s not there and settle for field goals, the points can still pile up. The most dramatic scenario possible would be Adam Vinatieri kicking a game-winning field goal in the final seconds. The Patriots decided to let Vinatieri walk. He’s a professional and hasn’t complained about how his former team and coach were a disappointment after all he had done for them. But beating New England on Sunday would mean a lot. He wouldn’t admit it, but making a kick of that magnitude would rank right up there with the two he kicked to earn Super Bowl rings. In the end, the Patriots will pay for their offseason mistake. Brady and Manning will delight millions with a classic head-to-head battle, but it will be Vinatieri who sends his old team home for good."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS03/60831037

I don't know about you, but it would really kill me if AV kicked a game winning FG to send us home. We really have to get up early and not let this game go down to the wire.

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,261 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

It would kill me to lose, period, but it would be no worse if because of Adam V. He's not that much better than Gostkowski, who actually has a stronger leg. I'm at peace with the circumstances under which A.V. left the Patriots and am not worried about him. He already proved he's human by missing two in Foxboro a couple months ago.

3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I'm sick of reading that. It's as annoying as it is misleading.

4. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

I was so happy he missed those two kicks and was not a big factor in the game earlier this year. I guess the flip side that no one is talking about is how his replacement could send him home for the season. Lets hope the Pats are scoring TDs, then he can kick all the FGs he wants.:)

5. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +183 / 14 / -3

I hope Vinatieri lines up for a few field goals this Sunday. I can care less whether he makes them or not. The important thing is that he lines up for them. That will be a good sign for the Pats, I'm thinking.

6. Tucker

Tucker On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quoted for truth, although I'd still prefer he miss.:eek:

7. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

how about 35-15? pats score 5 tds, Adam gets 5 fgs?

after the game all we'll hear is that Adam killed him old team

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If Gost kicks a fairly long winner as time expires, then the Colts will be destroyed for at least the rest of Manning's career. I hate to put the rookie under even more pressure, but if it comes down that way, he'll be in position to end any threat that the Colts could be to our winning the AFC for years.

9. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Pats can win 24-3 and it still won't mean anything. The Colts will be back next year and the year after and the mediots will continue picking them to win

10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +381 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's the media's wet dream. It's Thursday so we will be hearing that 10,000 more times.

It shows how unoriginal they are. It won't come down to a game winning FG anyway.

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They've suffered quite a few indignities over the years, and everyone has a breaking point.

12. PlattsFan

PlattsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I love how media guys "predict" the thing they think would make the best story. Peter King, in particular, does that kind of thing all the time. Has nothing to do with rational analysis, just bias in favor of what they want to write about.

13. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The dream ending for me:

Tie game with the clock ticking down. The Colts are driving, but ran out of timeouts and are forced to kick a figgie with 15 seconds remaining. The announcers are playing up the drama of the AV to Win angle, but as the kick goes up, Richard Seymour breaks through and gets a paw on the ball. It bounces backwards, rolling end over end until Troy Brown scoops up the ball. He makes it to the ~30 before he's tackled. Gost comes on and hits a ~50 yarder to win.

14. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

He did NOT want to be with the Pats. Period. After two years (or more?) of getting hit with the franchise tag, he was pissed off and desperate to leave NE - where he is a legend - without giving a chance for any discussions.

15. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You took the words right out of my mouth. Totally agree

16. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If the Patriot team concept prevails, this is what should happen. This is that concept being put to the acid test.