PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's my David Thomas highlight video

Status
Not open for further replies.

hothead25

Rookie
Reaction score
It seems some of you aren't familier with David Thomas, so I put together a quick little highlight video. You guys got a hell of a player. His hands are magnets. I NEVER saw him drop a pass in 4 years. It's nothing special, but here you go.....

http://media.putfile.com/DT-74

ThunderingHerd.jpg

WOW. :eek:

Awesome highlight video. I freaking LOVE this guy!

Thanks a million hothead!

Certaintly seems like he brings a bit more to the table offensively than fauria did.

Damn, he looks more like a WR from that video. Great skills this guy has. Damn.......Brady....Watson, Branch, Jackson, Caldwell, Dillon, Maroney, Pass, Faulk, Graham, Brown. Not a bad group of targets Bradys gonna have next year. :)

Seymour93 said:
Of course I don't need to watch that, however I'm sure these northerners are grateful for seeing what a real TE looks like. :)

usually these highlight vids u gotta kinda take with a grain of salt though

so, being a longhorns fan, what does this guy project to be?
could he be a good number two te if graham leaves after this yr
who would you compare him to
chris cooley?
jason witten?
christian fauria?

patsfan55 said:
usually these highlight vids u gotta kinda take with a grain of salt though

so, being a longhorns fan, what does this guy project to be?
could he be a good number two te if graham leaves after this yr
who would you compare him to
chris cooley?
jason witten?
christian fauria?

He could easily be a #1 after a few years in the system. He's so clutch, the Brady of TE's. Over the last three years, I cannot remember a dropped pass at the moment. And it's not like he only catches what everyone else can, as you can see in the video he's very athletic and has the talent to make spectacular catches.

Out of those three I'd compare him more to Witten. Cooley is more of a short-yardage guy, while Fauria blocks the best, but both Witten and Thomas can go down the field and make big plays.

yeah, he definitely reminds me of Witten or Dallas Clark. Remember Wiggens circus catches? I think he can do that for us.

JJDChE said:
WOW. :eek:

Awesome highlight video. I freaking LOVE this guy!

Thanks a million hothead!

What he said. :eek:

I don't understand how this guy dropped to the bottom of the third.

Great video. Im pretty enthused with this pick. And just imagine what he can do in this offense with a quarterback who is a good passer.

Last edited:
Great pick for the Pats.

JJDChE said:
I don't understand how this guy dropped to the bottom of the third.

I think there's some question about his blocking. Don't forget, being a tight end isn't just about catching the ball.

With that said, I'm excited. If nothing else, he's a guy with good hands and big game experience.

PhilD said:
I think there's some question about his blocking. Don't forget, being a tight end isn't just about catching the ball.

Maybe he and Graham can learn from each other...

hothead25 said:
It seems some of you aren't familier with David Thomas, so I put together a quick little highlight video. You guys got a hell of a player. His hands are magnets. I NEVER saw him drop a pass in 4 years. It's nothing special, but here you go.....

http://media.putfile.com/DT-74

ThunderingHerd.jpg

Yeah, but can he block?

Wow, he does look like a WR. Looks like he's tough to bring down with the number of videos showing him breaking tackles.

Two reactions from watching that video and reading some of the reports:

1) Fauria never moved as well as this kid after the catch

2) Thomas isn't that big and his blocking is universally reported as weak. So all those folks writing that he is insurance if Graham leaves after next year are waaaaay off base.

More to the fundamental point: Could we be seeing an offensive philosophy change by BB? Hear me out on this one: Is it possible that instead of 5 WR's and 3 TE's active for games might we see 4 WR's and 4 TE's? After all, Watson is almost a WR and TE's can do more than WR's on special teams, etc. If this Thomas kid can be an accurate snapper, that will save another roster spot (sorry Lonie).

Last edited:
That was my thought exactly. He is a better pass-catching TE than a blocking TE and so is exactly the opposite of Graham. Maybe BB thinks he can coach up his blocking, although he isn't that big - in the 240's IIRC?

BTW that QB in the highlights looks pretty good. #10, what's his name? Someone should draft him. Every pass was right on the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST