In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Certainly not your standard Pats picks:

http://draftnotebook.com/draft_projection.htm

24. Paul Posluszny
28. Reggie Nelson
60. LaMarr Woodley

---

As a side note, I found it interesting that Posluszny will be working with the ILBs at the Combine -- not at OLB. And Woodley will be grouped with the OLBs -- not DEs. For some prospects, the position drills will speak volumes.

You got that right it is a different mock looks like they shook things up also and for Reggie Nelson to be on the board at 28 is interesting I don't think he would make it past Dallas. I like Adrian Peterson so I have mixed feelings about this because I would be happy for him to go this soon but to the Lions thats the part that gets me.

Last edited:
Reggie Nelson won't go at #28 b/c if he's there at #24, the Pats will take him, IMO.

A playmaking safety is a must, especially with Rodney getting older and slower. Wilson also hasn't progressed as expected. Finding the next Ed Reed would be nice. Reggie Nelson needs to get a little bigger but he is a playmaker. Moving up in the draft to get him is a possibility.

I agree we need a ballhawking playmaking FS really bad, however I think Sanders is progressing rather nicely and beginning to warm to him being the FT SS after Rodney hangs it up. I thought Sanders really stepped it up as the year progressed.

I think it's time to move Wilson back to CB and at best he can start opposite Samuel and move Hobbs into the slot while he continues to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes