PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 round mock with trades updated

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Players rise and fall. updated my older mock. Enjoy!

#1 - TRADE - Atlanta (from Houston for a 2nd and next years 1st) - Clowney - DE - Atlanta gets the player they covet but pay a kings ransom.

#2 - St. Lous - Robinson - OT - St. Louis would love to trade but with Clowney off the board no one jumps up.

#3 - Jax - Mack - LB/DE - Mack though not as talented is a safer prospect than Clowney and worth this pick for sure.

#4 - TRADE - Tampa Bay (from Cleveland for a 3rd and next years 2nd) - Matthews OT - This trade for this player is not mocked much and I don't know why. Tampa needs an OT and Matthews is clear a notch above Lewan; Especially with Lewan's current legal issues.

#5 Oakland - Watkins - WR - In this mock Watkins falls here and Oakland can't resist. Though they probably should.

#6 Houston (from Atlanta)- Bortes - QB - For a second here I considered another trade down but decided Houston probably happily stands pat and picks the safest QB prospect.

#7 Cleveland (from Tampa Bay) - Mike Evans - WR - Cleveland could do another trade down here but I don't know if they want to fall out of range of the top prospects with a pick later in the round anyway. They wait on their QB and see to it he will have all the help he could want.

#8 Minnasota - Manziel - QB - Minnasota could also trade down here but there really isn't a point. Instead they take the best QB in the draft in their opinion in Manziel. I still think he bust out but that is Minnasota's problem.

#9 - Buffalo - Lewan - OT - Lewan just seems to keep rising and now it is hard to see him not going in the top 10. Buffalo fills a big need here. They look pass his problems and take the talent.

#10 - TRADE - Chicago (from Detroit for a 3rd) - Donald - DT - I am surprised Donald falls this far when in my last draft he went top 5. However no further. The Bears easily trade up to get him with Detroit annoyed they could not get their WR.

#11 - Tenn - Dennard - CB - When it makes sense it make sense. Tenn does not over think it here. Gilbert has fallen and he won't get up. Dennard goes first corner in this draft.

#12 - Giants - Martin - OL - The Giants miss out on Donald but get a versitile OL man to help protect Eli

#13 - TRADE - Eagles (from St. Louis for a 2nd and a 5th). Anthony Barr - OLB - One of the biggest surprise moves so far. Barr should have never fallen this far and the Eagles decide to pay through the nose to grab the last super elite prospect of the draft. I still project this trade.

#14 - Detroit (from Chicago) - Ebron - TE - With no tier 1 WRs left Detroit gets the best TE in the draft.

#15 - Pitt - Beckham - WR - Teams seem to love him so I am not gonna fight it any more. He goes to Pitt though I think a CB or Jernigan would be better value.

#16 Dallas - Jernigan DT - I predicted Dallas to be dumb last draft. Then it occured to me even a broken clock is right twice a day. Jones turns down a flashy toy for trench guy and says no to a skill position player. Probably a smart move for his team with their DL in need of help.

#17 - Baltimore - Clinton-Dix - S - Baltimore needed a safety. While he is not going to be Ed Reed he is worth a pick here and will be a big step of turning this D around. No change from last time. It just makes too much sense.

#18 - Jets - Cooks - WR - I really think this should be Lee here but I keep hearing the Jets want the speedster. Probably should have just let Ryan draft another defensive binkie. Say what you will but the man knows how to draft D in round 1.

#19 - Miami - Cyrus Kouandjio - OT - Miami didn't do well in the draft last year with a reach. They do it again with a big need on the OL with a high talent guy. Could work out very well for them but a safer prospect would probably have been better. Also Botonio was an option but i think a pure OT goes here.

#20 - Arizona - Gilbert - CB - Arizona doesn't need much on D and is pleasantly surprised Gilbert fell this far. Hoping they can make him look like the top 10 talent everyone thought he was a month ago they take him here.

#21 - Green Bay - Ryan Shazier - OLB - Another riser keeps rising. Shazier just jumps off the tape and the combine numbers are there. He might even rise more given another week into the top 20.

#22 - St. Louis(from Philly) - Calvin Pryor - S - The Rams against show drafting savy they are getting known for and avoid taking a hyped WR to get a key D player. They know they can get a WR later

#23 - KC - Lee - WR - KC needs help at WR and everyone knows it. Safety is another option but they can target it later and instead elect to get Lee.

#24 - Cincinnati - Fuller - CB - I was torn between Fuller and Ealy here. In the end I went with the better overall player though. Also cause Atkins can get pressure without much help anyway.

#25 - San Diego - Verret - CB - This was Roby's spot last time but against my own opinions teams seem to think Verrett can get it done outside and maybe they will be right. However that is a moot point cause Roby's bad judgement last week probably knocks him out of the first round all together with a talented CB giving teams other options.

#26 - Cleveland - Carr - QB - Cleveland takes Carr over Bridgewater here. History will tell what the right choice was but it will probably be a case of both busting.

#27 - New Orleans - CJ Mosely - LB - Mosely fell a long way but he finds a nice landing spot in NO.

#28 - Carolina - Robinson - WR - 1 month ago this would have been a reach but Robinson's tape is for real and he has risen slowly because of it. Carolina stays away from Kelvin Benjamin smartly.

#29 - TRADE - Oakland (from Patriots for #36, #67, but get pick #93 back.) - Bridgewater - QB - A less mocked trade partner than the Jags but it makes sense. Oakland knows Bridgewater won't fall to them and someone will jump ahead if they don't With that in mind they jump up here to get him.

#30 - San Fran - Ford - DE - Ford is undervalued for his versatility a little which makes him very draftable by a lot of teams. Also he attacks the ball which is something SF loves.

#31 - Denver - Hageman - DT - I think Hageman could do well as a 3-4 DE ala Seymour (who he is so often compared to). Denver hopes they can cash in on his talent.

#32 - Seattle - Louis Nix - DT - The more I look at the board the more i think Seattle takes Nix. They don't need a guy like Ealy and WR is not in a value spot yet. With Nix they replace Red Bryant with a more talented player that has larger (no pun intended) upside.

Last edited:
2nd Round

#33 - Houston - Ealy - DE - Houston fans will be mad about passing on Clowney but Ealy certainly is nothing to sneeze at. They were hoping Nix would be here but Ealy can add some versatility and they will become more of a hydrid D that can do a 4-3 or 4-3.

#34 - Washington - Joel Bitonio - OL - It was close before in my last draft but it appears Bitonio has separated himself from the pack and is the only OL anyone should pick in this spot.

#35 - Cleveland - Xavier Su'a-Filo - OG - Cleveland takes the best pure guard in this draft. If they got a QB that can play he will be well protected by him.

#36 - TRADE - Detroit (from Patriots for #45 #111 and a 4th next year)>(from Oakland) - Bradley Roby - CB - Certain teams will not care about Roby's off field issues and just look at his talent. Detroit has a history of not shying away against high talented problem players. Roby is arguably the most talent CB in this draft.

#37 - Houston - Amaro - TE - Houston could use another weapon and Amaro though not a good blocker can catch. He will help Bortles get comfortable fast,

#38 - Tampa Bay - Ward - S - I just can not see Ward falling lower than this. Tampa has other needs but he is too good to pass up IMO.

#39 - Jax - Savage - QB - The Jags need a QB but who? I would have gone with Jimmy Garoppolo but the buzz right now is around Savage.

#40 - Minnesota - Latimore - WR - Minnesota got their QB and now they got a WR for him to grow with.

#41 - Buffalo - Van Noy - OLB - It appears the rumors of Van Noy's fall might have been exaggerated. A lot of teams still like him and I think the Bills are one. I am reading a lot of different things. Some have him as a borderline first and others as a high 3rd. I will go about where he was a month ago.

#42 - Tenn - Garoppolo - QB - Tenn wants to try their luck with a new QB and gets the last one with a true 2nd round grade. Keeping it simple here.

#43 - NYG - Demarcus Lawrence - DE - The Giants need DL healp and take a prospect that has risen a good deal. They hope he can replace Tuck's production as a pass rusher though a smaller man who might need to put on weight to be a good run defender.

#44 - St. Louis - Deone Bucannon - S - St. Louis wanted Ward to fall here but Bucannon is too good to pass up.

#45 - Patriots (from Detroit) - Tuitt - DE/DT - This was going to hard a hard call to make if Bucannon fell here. However with him off the board Tuitt is the obvious choice. The Patriots have gathered lots of ammo and see no reason to not stand pat.

#46 - Pitt - Phillip Gaines - CB - Looking at the talent in WR right now Pitt is liking (and righting kicking themselves for taking O'Dell. Pitt is Eying DL help but Easley is risky even here and Chrichton has a lowish ceiling for this part of the draft.

#47 - Baltimore - Kevlin Benjamin - WR - Patience is rewarded. Baltimore gets a guy that fits perfectly with what Flacco likes to do. Chuck it up deep for jump balls.

#48 - Dallas - Landry - WR - 2nd verse; same as the first. patience on WR is rewarded in this draft.

#49 - NYJ - Joyner - CB - Jets desperately need a CB and take one at decent value here. OG would make sense too but the market just dried up a bit. Joyner is a bit match up limited though.

#50 - Miami - Hyde - RB - And the RBs are off and running. No pun intended (okay, maybe just a little bit intended)

#51 - Chicago - Jeremiah Attaochu - OLB - Chicago needs help on D almost everywhere. Attaochu can play several spots and shouldn't be here anyway.

#52 - Arizona - Morgan Moses - OT - Arizona got some FA help at OT this off season but this value is just tooo much to pass up. The story of this 2nd round will be how the OTs have fallen. That stops very quickly now.

#53 - Green Bay - Devante Adams - WR - Makes too much sense to me.

#54 - St. Louis (from Philly) - Jordan Matthews - WR - It is not a draft unless the Rams pick a WR.

#55 - Cinci - JaWuan James - OT - We may just set a speed record for how fast this card gets turned in.

#56 - San Fran - Easley - DT/DE - Even with SF re-upping Aldon Smith I think they cross their t's and dot their lower case j's. Easley and Ford will be a fearsome duo. I would not want to be Russel Wilson.

#57 - San Diego - Moncrief - WR - The run on WRs continue with SD getting a good prospect that has been rising.

#58 - New Orleans - Keith McGill - CB - Saints hope to hit on a CB in the mold of Sherman. With less smacking talking. Of course if he can play like Sherman the smack talk becomes optional.

#59 - Indy - Trent Murphy - OLB/DE - He is a versatile player that some are sleeping on. I see him as a legit second round player.

#60 - Carolina - Cameron Fleming - OT - Carolina needs OL help. In other news; Stevie Wonder is bad at pin the tail on the donkey. More surpising facts at 11.

#61 - San Fran - Martavis Bryant - WR - with all 3 Centers still on the board SF elects to go for the last of the tier 3 WRs. Bryant is exactly the kind of WR Kaep would love.

#62 - Patriots - ASJ - TE - All 3 Centers and 3 TEs are still on the board. Not to mention Chrichton - DE (current BPA) Talk about options. The Patriots could easily trade down again if they want and still get a player they covet. However they decide to stand pat and pick a slightly troubled TE which is a tad bit surprising due to the Hernandez situation. I started the off season riding high on the ASJ train and I guess it is only fitting my last mock is with us picking him.

#63 - Denver - C - Richberg Weston - Denver has some about needs not being talked about. Center being one of them.

#64 - Seattle - Niklas - TE - Seattle could use another weapon for Wilson. Niklas makes a lot of sense here.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back