PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here is your WTH moment for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Here is your WTH momemt for the Pats

Our return team was abysmal once Edelman got hurt. This seems like a solid move to me.

Our KR game has been abysmal ever since we let Hobbs go, years ago.

Losing Edelman really killed our punt return. Instead of having a threat there, we all were crossing our fingers every time that Welker didn't get his head blown off.

I am in the camp that I want to bring back Edelman and sign Cribbs. Would give us a fantastic 1-2 punch in STs. Edelman is a great #2 WR and Cribbs can be a passable #3/#4.

EDIT:
Anyways, I was surprised at the tender value but I'm glad they're bringing him back. He played well for us last year. Some very good blocking and showed he was a capable pass catcher and could win a 1 on 1 matchup he was afforded by other teams taking up defenders. He's a great backup for Gronk.

If this is THE WTH moment of the 2013 for the Pats... I think I can live with that.

This isn't crying over spilled milk, it's going off to live in the woods alone... over spilled milk.

What he said....

Last year we went in saying BB had re-invented the O based around a 2-TE centric attack; as the year goes along we cant keep the same 2 TEs on the field for more than 4 games in a row (i am guessing here, but 4 seems right).
By end of playoffs Hoo-man displaced Fells as the #1 backup.

That alone gives you enough justification to do the tender; throw in the pick replacemnet if somebody else wants to overpay to steal him in a year when Pats are woefully short of mid/late-round picks for trade ammo and it seems like a very logical move and hardly a WTH moment.

But to each his own.

I am patiently waiting til Thur (as expected) for the Pats to actually make a move which then may or may not be a real WTH moment.

Re: Re: Here is your WTH momemt for the Pats

Our KR game has been abysmal ever since we let Hobbs go, years ago.

Losing Edelman really killed our punt return. Instead of having a threat there, we all were crossing our fingers every time that Welker didn't get his head blown off.

I am in the camp that I want to bring back Edelman and sign Cribbs. Would give us a fantastic 1-2 punch in STs. Edelman is a great #2 WR and Cribbs can be a passable #3/#4.

EDIT:
Anyways, I was surprised at the tender value but I'm glad they're bringing him back. He played well for us last year. Some very good blocking and showed he was a capable pass catcher and could win a 1 on 1 matchup he was afforded by other teams taking up defenders. He's a great backup for Gronk.

Edelman a great number 2 wr? What are you smoking? Justin Hunter in the draft please

:confused:

His blocking sucked

Bedard agrees that he's the worst blocker on the team.

Clearly the Patriots disagree with this assessment. They aren't keeping this guy around to be a receiving TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes