PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Healthy Scratches: Butler, Dobson and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to see any of these players on the active squad anytime soon.

BUTLER
The pats had ELEVEN defensive backs active for this game. So, Butler is an inactive developmental player.

DOBSON
If we don't activate 5 WR's against the jets, I'm not sure we'll ever do it. Tyms seems to be ahead of Dobson in the depth chart for downfield receivers.

WHITE
Gray's performance needs to continue to be evaluated. However, I think that he is ahead of Bolden. It seems that White is Vereen's backup. Bolden will always be active because of his special teams play. Also, it seems that Josh is locked in to have an active fullback. White is the odd man out. So, White is an inactive developmental player.

Butler
Given past history, he will be needed when the inevitable injury occurs.

Dobson
Very interesting that Tyms has apparently passed Dobson (and the departed Thompkins) on the depth chart as an outside/downfield receiver.

White
I'll withhold any conclusions on the RB situation since Gray seemed to be more of a game-specific acivation - though time will tell and this too is an interesting roster spot/playing time situation worth monitoring.

Considering all the injuries, it was a bit surprising at first to see that there were three healthy scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back