PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth sentencing; league & fan response; legal & NFL discipline (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Haynesworth - Impartial Jury?

Don't encourage him. Deus is a big fat homer who roots for somebody to wash and fold the laundry just like you do. He also is wary of Fat Albert just like everybody else. Deus will jump down Albert's throat if he screws up which is, unfortunately, very likely. Read some of his posts about Randy Moss when Moss went rogue at the beginning of last season.

Most important, don't worry that Fat Albert will screw things up. If he does, he'll be on a bus to nowhere faster than you can say Joey Galloway.

I've argued with Deus plenty over the years, but you just accused him of being a blind homer and a chicken little all within the same paragraph.

Its not excusing him...we don't care. Its the same way that I don't care about the morality of the DPW worker in my town as long as my street is fixed or the morality of my plumber as long as they fix my water heater. They aren't in positions of trust with me. I'm not asking Haynesworth to watch my kids or investment my money. I just want him to the sack the quarterback without disrupting the chemistry of the team. I also don't pretend that the rest of the players, coach, or staff are pinnicales of morality either. I'm cynical like that.

This is bizarre.

I'm expressing the exact same attitude regarding his on-field behavior. I don't care what he did off the field, I hope he plays well.

Yet you and Deus seem to feel that I shouldn't have an opinion about his off-field behavior.

You're not being cynical at all or you'd agree with me. You're disturbed that I'm not in the same state of denial about his off-field transgressions. Why?

This is bizarre.

I'm expressing the exact same attitude regarding his on-field behavior. I don't care what he did off the field, I hope he plays well.

Yet you and Deus seem to feel that I shouldn't have an opinion about his off-field behavior.

You're not being cynical at all or you'd agree with me. You're disturbed that I'm not in the same state of denial about his off-field transgressions. Why?

I was responding to your post regarding being proud. I took it as a sarcastic remark on how we shouldn't be proud about him being on the team. My bad, if I read your remark incorrectly.

I was responding to your post regarding being proud. I took it as a sarcastic remark on how we shouldn't be proud about him being on the team. My bad, if I read your remark incorrectly.

The sarcasm was toward the poster who was making a technical point about the lesser charge that AH ultimately pleaded to. In particular, he was saying that because "assault" didn't require physical contact, then AH was acquitted of having molested the waitress and that was a good thing.

The guy's not an angel and let's not pretend he is.

That doesn't mean I don't want him on the team if he contributes.

This doesn't track. It isn't right to molest waitresses. The fact that he works for the Patriots has nothing to do with it.

There is no defending your position that Patriots fans must excuse mashers because a Patriots player was among them.

It tracks fine. If you're just rooting for the laundry, the antics of the players off the field should mean nothing to you. That's not the laundry.

And I'm not excusing anyone or anything. I don't care about that stuff for purposes of this conversation. I'm talking about the claim to root for the laundry.

Last edited:

Don't encourage him. Deus is a big fat homer who roots for somebody to wash and fold the laundry just like you do. He also is wary of Fat Albert just like everybody else. Deus will jump down Albert's throat if he screws up which is, unfortunately, very likely. Read some of his posts about Randy Moss when Moss went rogue at the beginning of last season.

Most important, don't worry that Fat Albert will screw things up. If he does, he'll be on a bus to nowhere faster than you can say Joey Galloway.

rofl.gif

It tracks fine. If you're just rooting for the laundry, the antics of the players off the field should mean nothing to you. That's not the laundry.

And I'm not excusing anyone or anything. I don't care about that stuff for purposes of this conversation. I'm talking about the claim to root for the laundry.

The reason it doesn't track is that you don't get to choose what "should" matter to me.

You assume that I comment on the matter only because he is a Patriots player. In this case, assuming makes an ass out of you. I'm not going to claim any responsibility for it.

In fact, I comment because there is a conversation about it in which I am participating where some have tried to rationalize the behavior as inconsequential or even trumped up because he is a celebrity.

It was poor behavior. He was legally charged as a result of it.

Now that that is taken care of, he can wear the Patriots uniform and I'll root for the laundry.

If you don't like that, it's too bad.

I didn't think this was worthy of a new thread, but I gotta ask why are both local stations reporting "Haynesworth practiced for the third day in a row"? When does Haynesworth continuing to practice become a non-story. Are we going to be in November and the lead story on the sports flash will be "Haynesworth practiced for the 67th day in a row"?

I didn't think this was worthy of a new thread, but I gotta ask why are both local stations reporting "Haynesworth practiced for the third day in a row"? When does Haynesworth continuing to practice become a non-story. Are we going to be in November and the lead story on the sports flash will be "Haynesworth practiced for the 67th day in a row"?

Breaking News...Generallisimo Francisco Franco is still dead!

Last edited:
Breaking News...Generallisimo Francisco Franco is still dead!

Good to see a nice 70s SNL reference. Been trying to figure out a way to use "Jane, you ignorant slut" for weeks.

The reason it doesn't track is that you don't get to choose what "should" matter to me.

You assume that I comment on the matter only because he is a Patriots player. In this case, assuming makes an ass out of you. I'm not going to claim any responsibility for it.

In fact, I comment because there is a conversation about it in which I am participating where some have tried to rationalize the behavior as inconsequential or even trumped up because he is a celebrity.

It was poor behavior. He was legally charged as a result of it.

Now that that is taken care of, he can wear the Patriots uniform and I'll root for the laundry.

If you don't like that, it's too bad.

I'm not assuming anything. There was a claim about cheering for the laundry.

I root for the laundry, just like you do.

But I don't rationalize boorish behavior by the wearers of the laundry.

How about you?

I responded to that, because of the disconnect about rooting for the laundry while caring about the behavior of the players. No assumptions were being made. You then took a simple question and tried turning things into a menace to society issue.

How does rooting for the laundry exempt me from having concerns about society?

Your posts were inconsistent. I was making that point and you were reinforcing it with your follow up posts. If you don't like it, it's too bad.

Last edited:
Good to see a nice 70s SNL reference. Been trying to figure out a way to use "Jane, you ignorant slut" for weeks.

May I suggest that you NOT use it in responding to the female Mods here

May I suggest that you NOT use it in responding to the female Mods here

I didn't say it. Dan Aykroyd did. He can be banned for it. His screen name is "Guywhousedtobefunnybutisahacknow".

Last edited:

I'm not assuming anything. There was a claim about cheering for the laundry.

Yes, and your assumptions about what that means have nothing to do with me.

Are you going to continue to follow me around giving me advice about what I should comment on?

Just curious.

Last edited:

I don't find Jane to be the least bit ignorant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe