PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have the Patriots made a "promise" to Dez Bryant? (From King's MMQB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any quotation proving the Pats 'promised' to draft Bryant. He said 3 teams made promises, but he didn't name those teams, did he?

Correct, hence the "?" :)

I love bryant and would be ecstatic if we could get him and go with defense in the 2nd round.......It sucks though with the Steelers trading holmes that he might be on their radar now with them only having mike wallace and ward......Oh well if he's there we take him....if not we take someone else and move on....

I think we can safely strike the Steelers off the Bryant bandwagon given the very clear statement they just made by trading away their #1 receiver for a case of beer. They don't want headaches and off the field concerns from anyone, including Pro-Bowl and near Pro-Bowl caliber players. I'm in Pittsburgh and the media, fans and several players would be outraged and very confused if the Steelers who just shipped out Holmes for next to nothing picked Bryant who has off the field issues as well.

If Bryant is acceptable to Bill, then we should be very excited about drafting him. He is a top 5 talent.

From the very start, the one thing that I have appreciated about BB is that he seems to realize that when you draft a player, you get the whole package, warts and all. It has affected how and which players he has drafted and not drafted.

So considering that when you draft Bryant, you get the whole package, what is it then that would make BB consider drafting him?

From the very start, the one thing that I have appreciated about BB is that he seems to realize that when you draft a player, you get the whole package, warts and all. It has affected how and which players he has drafted and not drafted.

So considering that when you draft Bryant, you get the whole package, what is it then that would make BB consider drafting him?

He drafted meriweather after kicking someone in a game and pulling out a gun in public....If BB thinks that bryant's issues were immaturity and he is a good human being I don't think he will have any problems drafting him...

"Hello, Dez. This is BB. Can you tell me which teams 'promised' to take you? Thanks. Oh, and by the way, Patriot players are expected to keep quiet to the media. No, it doesn't matter who you were talking to, we keep things in house up here and those who talk aren't here very long. No problem at all, Dez, glad to straighten this out."

"Hello, Dez. This is BB. Can you tell me which teams 'promised' to take you? Thanks. Oh, and by the way, Patriot players are expected to keep quiet to the media. No, it doesn't matter who you were talking to, we keep things in house up here and those who talk aren't here very long. No problem at all, Dez, glad to straighten this out."

Now this i can believe happening nad hten lowering him on the draft board a few spots. and I am sure during the work out and interview BB told him to not talk

Last edited:
Well, the Bucs won't draft him #3 overall, and Dallas picks after us.

I doubt he'd fall past Balt, Cinci, MIA, and PIT.

probably but i really doubt hes there at 22

I wouldnt mind seeing Bryant with us but this smells like BS...

Belichick has faith in his personal ability to judge and mold talent. Byrant is a huge talent and WR is a huge need.

What If we do draft Bryant and it's Terry Glenn all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents