PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has The Pursuit Of Perfection Gotten To Their Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know they preach winning the SB is all that matters & they certainly say the right things publicly. But is it possible the pressure of going undefeated finally gotten to them?

Well, since the standings say 12-0, I would guess no.

Only to the fans who follow this with interest and the media.

Last edited:
I dont think that it is going to their head. Though I do think the pressure of having a "playoff game" seemingly every week now is wearing on them. Terrell Davis said on NFLN last night that the pressure was starting to be unbearable after they won the first 10 days. He thought losing to the giants was a relief.

As a fan, I still want it.... REALLY BAD. But, I dont want them to fizzle i the playoff.(which I DONT think they will do)

Mike

I don't think it's gotten to NE's heads. But I'm damn sure it's gotten to our opponents heads. Why do you think the last two weeks have been rough for us against sub .500 teams. They made good points in the booth last night. The first team that beats NE becomes as immortal as NE would if they win out. So teams that are not playing well all season, get it up and fully hard for 1 game at this point in the season.

Agreed. Its not the undefeated aspect, its matching its opponent's intensity week in week out. Thats the mental aspect to this.

It will be incredible to see the team persevere through the next four weeks until the bye ( yes, I'm putting it in stone)

I think you ask a great question. I guess the no one can know for sure.

But, I am a bit surprised to read some quotes of our players, both new and old, that I would have never thought would have come from the 'humble' and 'respectful' Pats players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft