PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Goodell effectively fired himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think so. Kraft was his powerful ally. Now he has smeared the integrity of his golden child & perpetuated the myth that the Pats are always cheating. That diminishes his brand. If you were Kraft, wouldn't you go scorched earth until Roger is just a bad memory?

Well Kraft just said the league far exceeded any reason expectation with their punishment and he is unconditionally supporting Brady

If ray rice didn't get him this won't.

Whenever his current contract is up he's done tho but I feel like I remember him signing a long term deal.

I think so. Kraft was his powerful ally. Now he has smeared the integrity of his golden child & perpetuated the myth that the Pats are always cheating. That diminishes his brand. If you were Kraft, wouldn't you go scorched earth until Roger is just a bad memory?

Kraft is a weak putz.

This is Goodells finest moment and he has never looked better in the eyes of the nation or the owners. Maybe Kraft is upset with him but there are 31 other owners who love this guy.

Plus when push comes to shove don't kid yourselves: Kraft will back Goodell 100/100 times.

This is Goodells finest moment and he has never looked better in the eyes of the nation or the owners. Maybe Kraft is upset with him but there are 31 other owners who love this guy.

Plus when push comes to shove don't kid yourselves: Kraft will back Goodell 100/100 times.
No way maybe in the eyes of the Jets or **** franchises like that but not legitimate franchises.

Great "Replace Goodell" article from Bedard in 2014...

Greg Bedard said:
Article VIII in the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Football League is titled, “Commissioner.” The first line reads: “The League shall select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner…” Goodell’s integrity is very much in question, which, by the letter of your law, means he is unfit for the office he holds.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/24/open-letter-to-nfl-owners-roger-goodell-should-be-replaced/

Last edited:
Believe so, he'll lose this battle and he will look incompetent because of it.

He picked a bad fight - Boston taught this nation how to battle. Have a strong feeling this city will teach the NFL they will not be bullied!

Goodell needs to get his resume together.

I think hes unqualified to work at Eric Boch Jrs as a lotboy.

By his actions today, he placed himself in his most job-secure position since his original appointment to the position. He delighted 31 of 32 owners and the one he ruled against is now on the outside looking in. Life is great for Goodell because of today.

Ol' Jolly Roger is a national hero after meting deserved justice to the scummy Patriots. That will be the popular perception outside NE. He will accept his congressional Medal of Honor at the ceremony where he strips Kraft of his Lombardi trophies.

Beyond this Goodell has presided over some of the biggest calamities in league history in a relatively short period of time. Does anyone think that Rozelle or Tagliabue would have handled this as a sting? They would have told the colts to stop whining and for the Pats to cut it out, whatever "it" was.

That's because they were men WHO HAD CONTROL. Goodell has nothing resembling control over this league.

We give too much credit to rich people. A lot of them worked hard and were very smart. Others like Woody Johnson were born into money. The Commish himself is a Senators son. These guys don't even seem to realize that Goodell has greatly increased the chances of a damaging strike. not only has he riled up the NFLPA in the last few years, but now he's got Kraft on the outs. So let the small market owners get crushed by the big market guys, take the facilitators like Kraft out of it.

If he didn't get fired before, he's not getting fired now. If anything, this made him more popular within the league. I would give my first born to see this jerk go down in flames!

No. He still has Rooney and Mara.

Would love it but I doubt it. Goodell isn't going anywhere... he's here to haunt us for many years to come. He just doesn't seem like someone who will simply go away. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back