PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Handshakes and snowflakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
My quick thoughts/prediction on two of these topics in the news leading up to the Pats/Jets game:

Handshake: Many mediots are predicting no handshake or some dissing, obvious brushoff. If there was a betting line on this (is there?!), I would bet a LOT of money that BB and Mangini meet normally at midfield for a quick, no fuss, no muss handshake after the game. Why? Simple--as much as these two guys probably can't stand each other, and can't stand to lose, there is one other thing in the world that they may hate even more: media distractions and controversies. From their pressers this week, it is clear to me they are both on the same page on this one.

Snowflakes: Count me in the group that thinks this really favors the Pats passing game. Barring ridiculous conditions, extra-high winds, I think this is just another set of conditions for the 2007 vintage Pats to show they will pass anywhere, anytime, any place on the field, on any down, distance, and now in any weather conditions. And, as BB has described before, despite some analysts saying "you must run" in bad weather, it actually favors a passing offense. This is because: D-Line cannot get as much traction rushing the passer, which is most important to disturbing timing; slippery conditions favor receivers even more who know which way they are cutting, making it even harder for d backs; if you can get a guy with the ball in some space and some momentum, it can be harder for the D to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back