PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haloti Ngata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I heard on Cold Pizza the Patriots were looking to move up and maybe pick him,anyone else hear this rumor?

and we have Wilfork and i didnt hear any news of us moving a 4-3 so why do we need 2 young very good DTs?

Much as the Pats love defensive linemen, it doesn't make a heckuva lot of sense to take Ngata, unless they think he's an incredible stud who has slid waay down.

As a 4-3 NT, he is over rated because he'll never be a sack master, just a pocket pusher. However as a 3-4 NT, I think he could be extraordinary. It's been forever and a day since I saw a college DL control gaps like this guy can. He could not be moved in college last year. He singlehandedly forced offenses to run wide on Oregon. He is a beast. His leverage, base and strength are off the chains.
The only concern I have about Ngata is the knee. However I also had that concern about Mankins last year and the Pats brought him on board.

well Wilfork has been improving..and he was our 1st rounder few years ago.

He seems like the perfect guy to backstop Wilfork and Warren, with Hill backing Sey, and Jarvis & Wright playing anywhere, you'd have your 7 DL...I wonder how running downs would look after BB unveils his new nickel-run package, 5 DL-Jarvis & Sey sealing the ends-Ty, Vince, and Hal blowing up the interior, Vrabel at MLB, and a Rodney/4 CB-FS backfield...Nah, never happen.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
He seems like the perfect guy to backstop Wilfork and Warren, with Hill backing Sey, and Jarvis & Wright playing anywhere, you'd have your 7 DL...I wonder how running downs would look after BB unveils his new nickel-run package, 5 DL-Jarvis & Sey sealing the ends-Ty, Vince, and Hal blowing up the interior, Vrabel at MLB, and a Rodney/4 CB-FS backfield...Nah, never happen.

a lovely thought though...just can't have enough monsters in the middle I think...

If he falls...he could be a good pick..not saying he will..but??

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
I heard on Cold Pizza the Patriots were looking to move up and maybe pick him,anyone else hear this rumor?

Talking out of your ass again? :rolleyes:

Backup NT one of the Pats biggest needs

Wilfork cannot play full time effectively, he needs to be able to rotate. Green fills in ably for Seymour and Warren at times but there is a big drop off on the nose.

I would love to see Ngata as our first pick. Actually my first choice is Broderick Bunkley but I don't think we have a shot at him either, although Dr. Z projected us drafting him in his recent mock draft.

Big guys like Wilfold can't play every down, a 2 man rotation would be great there. We can get a good ILB later in the draft, plus Claridge will be back.

I wouldn't trade up for Ngata, but would take him if he fell to us, then trade up in the 2nd and get Kiwanuka for OLB, that would be great.

Still hope we can get Stallworth via trade.

There's almost no way he'll get past Cleveland, I don't think anyway, so it's probably not realistic. It's too bad our LB aren't suited for a pure 4-3, a DL of Warren, Ngata, Wilfork, Seymour would be something to behold.

I agree with BF -- you've got to figure that barring something strange happening, both Cleveland and Baltimore are going for DTs. That's Ngata and Bunkley, in no particular order.

From someone - "Very Rude Unprovoked"

No, actually it was provoked. This BradyBirdYazOrr character is a clown who just fooled abunch of people into thinking the Pats are interested in Ngata. Hmmm, he saw it on Cold Pizza (who on Cold Pizza said it then?), well good thing no one watches that show so he can make up crap for his little windup merchant games.

Take a look at some of his previous posts and you'll get my drift.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/search.php?searchid=29775

BelichickFan said:
There's almost no way he'll get past Cleveland, I don't think anyway, so it's probably not realistic. It's too bad our LB aren't suited for a pure 4-3, a DL of Warren, Ngata, Wilfork, Seymour would be something to behold.

It has always been my feeling that Harloti would be the Bills andf then the Browns choice; but if you go to their fan boards, they sound like us discussing Lawson and Carpenter and Greenway.

If Harloti fell past them, I could see the Pats moving up to get him. He is about the ONLY defensive ballpalyer that I could see us moving up for, as I think all this discussion about a "shutdown" corner might be worthwhile; but there is none in this draft and Tye Hill...ain't it.

Seymour93 said:
From someone - "Very Rude Unprovoked"

No, actually it was provoked. This BradyBirdYazOrr character is a clown who just fooled abunch of people into thinking the Pats are interested in Ngata. Hmmm, he saw it on Cold Pizza (who on Cold Pizza said it then?), well good thing no one watches that show so he can make up crap for his little windup merchant games.
Dan Pompei said it.....there is also a thread on it on kffl....Rumor: Pompei says Pats looking to move up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Cold Pizza Dan Pompei claims the Pats are "laying the foundation" to move up into the early teens. He speculates the Pats like Ngata (?) and Whitner. Probably a smoke screen, but with 2 thirds and fourths and a lot of cap room, I wouldn't be shocked by a trade up if someone falls to that 12-16 range

Lets just talk football please no more baiting

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
Dan Pompei said it.....there is also a thread on it on kffl....Rumor: Pompei says Pats looking to move up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Cold Pizza Dan Pompei claims the Pats are "laying the foundation" to move up into the early teens. He speculates the Pats like Ngata (?) and Whitner. Probably a smoke screen, but with 2 thirds and fourths and a lot of cap room, I wouldn't be shocked by a trade up if someone falls to that 12-16 range

Okay, I'll have to fact check with KFFL next time you post a thread because at least half of what you say is BS.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:

Cold Pizza is teh sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes