PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guss Scott claimed by Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per KFFL.

Interestingly, the guy the Texans cut to make room for Guss was none other than former Patriot S Michael Stone.

The Texans love Patriots retread safeties. Hakim Akbar, anyone?

BoTown said:
The Texans love Patriots retread safeties.
They took Matt Stevens in the expansion draft, passing over WMG and Ted Johnson to take him.

Scott had some promise, but he just couldn't stay on the field. Michael Stone had some pretty good hits on special teams last year.

I feel for the Texans' fans. The team just placed Domanick Davis on IR, their other backs are ancient or nicked up and the fans have to watch Reggie Bush romp around the SuperDome while they use both hands to count the hits on beleaguered David Carr and then try to find Mario Williams in the pile of players on the ground after each defensive play. While the writers and fans (me too) of New England might grumble with some of BB's moves, we can be oh-so-thankful we have don't have stiffs like Houston does calling the shots.

brady2brown said:
They took Matt Stevens in the expansion draft, passing over WMG and Ted Johnson to take him.
LOL, forgot about Matt Stevens.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I feel for the Texans' fans. The team just placed Domanick Davis on IR, their other backs are ancient or nicked up and the fans have to watch Reggie Bush romp around the SuperDome while they use both hands to count the hits on beleaguered David Carr and then try to find Mario Williams in the pile of players on the ground after each defensive play. While the writers and fans (me too) of New England might grumble with some of BB's moves, we can be oh-so-thankful we have don't have stiffs like Houston does calling the shots.

They have Wali Lundy, which is basically their last chance at saving face. Even if Lundy is decent, the only way this doesn't completely blow up in the Texans' face is if Mario Williams becomes the next LT. And you really have to wonder when you consider that he may not have been the best defensive end on his own team.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

Pity noted, but not accepted.

Adding the ZBS means we don't need Davis or Bush or any other great back. Wali Lundy and Vernand Morency are more than capable of handling the one-cut system. Plus we added Ron Dayne tonight(who was servicable last year in Denver). Also with the ZBS, the sacks will be down. I'm optimistic about Mario(though I wanted Kiwanuka since last October...) as players of his physical stature don't come around too often with his speed. The new Regime is hardly one that needs to be pitied.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
I think the Texans did the right thing. Bush has a lot of hype, but execpt for one long run against the Keystone Kops Titans, he has yet to show me anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes