PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guessing the INACTIVE list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Easy picks: Chad Jackson, Nick Kaczur, Gene Mruczkowski, LeKevin Smith
Emergency QB: Matt Cassel
Difficult picks: Tedy Bruschi v. Alexander (give Tedy at least another week to heal and have Alexander next in line behind Davis if Seau and Vrabel get into trouble), Marquise Hill v. Jonathan Sullivan (Hill needs to showcase his stuff, but Sully has been the guy practicing all preseason), Thomas v. Mills (Thomas is only a few days removed from a red jersey, I lean towards him since Mills working out of the backfield and slot offers more options at the moment).

That makes my inactive guess: Jackson, Kaczur, Mruczkowski, Smith, Bruschi, Hill, Thomas; E-QB Cassel.

Andrews, Woods, Evans are all STs, as are Sanders, Gay, and Scott (who also play in nickel and dime situations). Britt is the third tackle. Evans also took practice reps at TE if memory serves.

Cassel as the 3rd QB is asking for trouble.

As AJ said, if Brady has to go out for even one play before the 4th quarter, and Cassel comes in, Brady is out for the rest of the game.

Sure, Troy could always fill in, but this isn't the preseason. BB won't screw around when wins are on the line.

Last edited:
JR4 said:
he was on the PS until yesterday... not expected to play ... doubt he had
a role in the game plan .... probably played scout team in practice.
In a pinch he could fill in but if there are other healthy WRs that executed
the game plan .. I would expect they would be activated first.

Are you always sarcastic with your responses when you think
someone is in error? :confused:

By the way , why are you even reading this thread ... it was suppose to be
height of boredom to you.

A) How am I being sarcastic in my response? I'm asking how it is suggested Bam didn't practice when he was on the practice squad.

B) Why wouldn't BB at least reserve a role in the game plan for practice squad players? That's their whole point of existence. If a player goes down during the week, they're depth. They've been working with the team and its gameplan all week. They can be activated in a pinch to fill that void.

C) As you can see, I haven't attempted to "guess the inactives" in this thread. I've chimed in here and there, but I don't want to waste my time meaninglessly trying to "guess the inactives."

Last edited:
AndyJohnson said:
PS. Dont we need 8 inactives? I'd be VERY surprised if Cassell is designated 3rd QB, because if he has to replace Brady for ONE PLAY before the 4th quarter, Brady is out of the game. (Or am I misunderstanding the rule?)
If Tommy is going to be down for a couple plays, there is no real need for Cassel, but if he gets his bell rung hard enough, using Matt as emergency QB and sitting Tommy for the rest of the game doesn't hurt. Put Troy under center, hand off to Dillon and Maroney, don't get too excited if Troy throws a pass to Faulk in the flat or Watson across the middle, trust the defense to get the ball back when Tommy has caught his breath.

Edit: Pats1, How is BB screwing around using Troy for a couple snaps? Making Matt the emergency QB gives Seeley and Tommy an extra weapon, Troy taking preseason QB reps was precisely for situations where Tommy needed to catch his breath or walk off some soreness. I reiterate, trust your defense.

Last edited:
I think it will always be tough to find 8..a LOT harder than in past years...Injuries always the first thing to look at...and in this configuration of a roster..2 OL and 2 DL...They need 7 for the game..5 starts and a backup tackle and inside OL. My thinking is Mruc and Kaczur/Britt. Hill and Smith for the DL. WHo else?? Mills and CJackson 2 offensive and then 2 others...I am thinking Woods and or Alexander and possibly a DB. A lot may depend on their ST lineup.

pats1 said:
Cassel as the 3rd QB is asking for trouble.

As AJ said, if Brady has to go out for even one play before the 4th quarter, and Cassel comes in, Brady is out for the rest of the game.

What's more, if Cassel comes in for even one play TROY is out for the rest of the game, too. That leaves your backup QB without the one WR who really has this offense down cold.

Actually I LIKE this thread. Perfect for whiling away the time before the 1st game kickoff! It requires some insight into the opponent and strategies.

Does anyone know the specific time when the inactives will be announced?

There is no 3rd QB as inactive..I do NOT believe that will happen...There is no advantage to that and more of a down side...Smith, Hill, Mruc, Kaczur or Britt, Mills or Thomas, CJackson, Alexander and or Woods..I think they need all 9 DBs...Andrews will be playing ST...

Patsfanin Philly said:
Here's one who is definitely inactive;;;
From the NFL.com game notes (faux paus) for today....

http://www.nfl.com/gamenotes/NFL_20060910_BUF@NE

CB ERIC WARFIELD (w/KC) set career-high with 2 INTs vs. Bills on 10/26/03

uh guys...he was cut September 1.....

Pretty pathetic coming from the league website. Wonder who feeds them their game notes.

Kdo5 said:
Why would Gabriel be inactive? He is probable...

Gay is perfectly fine and I expect him to be nickleback...hes been off PUP and playing for at least 3 preseason games.

I bet Jackson and Gabriel will both be inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe