PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's Knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that the criminals on the Ravens, i.e. the whole defensive backfield, was shooting for his knees.?

Yea I did too!

Clearly, Gronk has learned how to protect himself better! You can see he is playing much smarter.

I'm telling you, give me a healthy Gronk and I like this team over ANYONE ANYWHERE

"Try To Injure Players" is the Ravens motto.

And now they are going home to watch a healthy Gronk in the AFCC game on their couches.

I think some of it was intentional but some of it was likely just the fact that he's so big that if you're a DB you don't really have any other way to take him down. It's not like you can post up on him and tackle him straight up, he will obliterate you.

I think some of it was intentional but some of it was likely just the fact that he's so big that if you're a DB you don't really have any other way to take him down. It's not like you can post up on him and tackle him straight up, he will obliterate you.

Yeah, but....the Ravens are criminals in general.

This game was one of the better things that happened to the NFL this season. Can you imagine how disgusting it would be to have the abuser Suggs in the Super Bowl?

You cannot give them the benefit of the doubt considering the highly dubious background of the Ravens. They were trying to injure Gronk, but luckily they missed and Gronk has become adept at protecting his knees.

It was good for the Patriots and good for the NFL that the Raven lost.

Yes. It was clear as day they were going very very low...but how else are you going to tackle him? This entire concussion issue is going to shorten a lot of players careers with busted knees...

I noticed on play on a 3rd down where Gronk caught a 20 yard pass for a first down. Somebody in that Ravens secondary was flying low at him, really low, as Gronk was about to go out of bounds. It was completely unnecessary though thankfully the player whiffed.

Anyone else know what play I'm talking about?

Yep, I saw that exact play. Some ****head in the secondary came flashing in at his knees just as he was being maneuvered out of bounds.

Yes, I noticed that as well. One guy was on his back getting him out of bounds and the other guy can flying in low right at his knees. If Gronk had not maneuvered out of the way, it could have been very bad.

Gronk may have to learn to leap over these guys coming in with head down, eyes closed, at knee level. The Ravens DB in the first half did exactly that as Gronk was going out of bounds. But he had the presence to side-step the attempt to take him out. I hope Belichick brings it up in response to Harbaugh's effeminate whinings.

This is just flat-out wrong. Gronk has been taken down by *shock* an actual tackle many times this season.

The problem is that the league has too many guys who don't know how to tackle and just want to act like a missile, so they target knees.

Gronk's a beast, but this thing about the poor DBs just having no other choice needs to die.

This is just flat-out wrong. Gronk has been taken down by *shock* an actual tackle many times this season.

The problem is that the league has too many guys who don't know how to tackle and just want to act like a missile, so they target knees.

Gronk's a beast, but this thing about the poor DBs just having no other choice needs to die.
Just trying to think from the perspective of a frightened DB with poor technique (which is most of the league these days). You probably could tackle him directly if your technique was sound, but that's not too common, they freak out and they go low. So you're right.

I can't even imagine trying to tackle him in the open field. If you don't go low you end up looking like the Chicgo db on a ESPN highlight reel.

One thing I have noticed is he is such a mismatch for everyone that the refs are turning a blind eye and letting players hang onto him like a jungle gym. He is basically being penalized for being too good imo.

That's ********. That's DB's excuses for wrecking a guy's knees. A good form tackle takes down anyone, I don't care how ****ing big you are. He'll even ESPN recognized poor tackling by Baltimore and mentioned that tackling is a lost art in the NFL. Saw one play where #30 went for Gronk's knees and missed him completely. Another example was the first Amendola TD, terrible tackling, didn't wrap up. A lot of you guys are just regurgitating what poor tacklers are saying.

That's ********. That's DB's excuses for wrecking a guy's knees. A good form tackle takes down anyone, I don't care how ****ing big you are. He'll even ESPN recognized poor tackling by Baltimore and mentioned that tackling is a lost art in the NFL. Saw one play where #30 went for Gronk's knees and missed him completely. Another example was the first Amendola TD, terrible tackling, didn't wrap up. A lot of you guys are just regurgitating what poor tacklers are saying.
Refer to my post 3 posts up... I think you're right

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand