PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski, Shirtless Light, Others Partied Hard After Super Bowl Loss (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
Apparently Rodney Harrison did not think it was the right thing to do.

Ex-New England Patriots player Rodney Harrison -- Rob Gronkowski partying 'not right' - ESPN Boston

"I guarantee you this, if Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Richard Seymour or myself had been at that party, (Gronkowski) probably would have got his head rung," said Harrison, who admitted he has not seen the video or photos of Gronkowski dancing at the party. "There's no reason for that to happen."

"When we lost the Super Bowl, any of my Super Bowl losses, I was so devastated the last thing I ever wanted to do was party, let alone dance or take off your shirt," he added. "It's just immaturity. It's not right. He made a mistake and I'm sure he feels absolutely stupid about it at this point. There's a time and place for everything."
[/QUOTE]

Finally, a player comes out and speaks about it.

A former Patriot who lost a Super Bowl

"There's a time and place for everything"....Sums it up for me Rodney.

"There's a time and place for everything"....Sums it up for me Rodney.[/QUOTE]

Did Rodney send that memo to Matt Light also, you know the 12 year veteran and his former teammate belly grinding on the stage ?

Rodney, don't single out Gronk and look like a hypocrite not calling out Light.

If it's wrong, call out every Patriot who participated in that..

Personally, after they leave the locker room once SB is over, could care less if they sat there and cried, or decided to head to local strip joint or club. As long as Gronk was not blasting MC Hammer in the locker room, why does it matter ? As a 22 year old maybe he had difficulty handling his emotions. He did not have a wife of GF at SB to lean on, and decided to drink the night away to ease the pain. We've all done that at that in our early 20's

Now, Matt Light, I would've expected better. Shame on him for sure. Obviously he learnt nothing from Brady over 12 years. But, c'mon man, Rodney, have the guts to call him out also !

those parties are planned for and paid in advance.

I see no reason not to party. they did better than 30 other teams and exceeded everyone's expectations

time to get the body right and do some fishin'

Quick where is Bruschi's opinion?

Rodney :bricks: needs to looking in the mirror before calling others actions wrong.

Quick where is Bruschi's opinion?

Rodney :bricks: needs to looking in the mirror before calling others actions wrong.

... why? What did he say that was so terrible? Do you think he was lying?

I think he needs to lighten up and understand that everyone deals with a loss in a different way. Gronk and Light were allowed to party after the Super Bowl. They don't have much preparation and practice for the next six months. Let them blow off some steam.

He's a paid blowhard now.

What was wrong with what Light and Gronk did? Nothing.

His opinion is no better or carries anymore weight than any other person with and opinion who think they did something "wrong".

Old guard is gone, that includes him and all the guys he named.

"There's a time and place for everything"....Sums it up for me Rodney.

Did Rodney send that memo to Matt Light also, you know the 12 year veteran and his former teammate belly grinding on the stage ?

Rodney, don't single out Gronk and look like a hypocrite not calling out Light.

If it's wrong, call out every Patriot who participated in that..

Personally, after they leave the locker room once SB is over, could care less if they sat there and cried, or decided to head to local strip joint or club. As long as Gronk was not blasting MC Hammer in the locker room, why does it matter ? As a 22 year old maybe he had difficulty handling his emotions. He did not have a wife of GF at SB to lean on, and decided to drink the night away to ease the pain. We've all done that at that in our early 20's

Now, Matt Light, I would've expected better. Shame on him for sure. Obviously he learnt nothing from Brady over 12 years. But, c'mon man, Rodney, have the guts to call him out also!

He did call out Light too.

Rodney is just old-school. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
I think he needs to lighten up and understand that everyone deals with a loss in a different way. Gronk and Light were allowed to party after the Super Bowl. They don't have much preparation and practice for the next six months. Let them blow off some steam.

That "everybody deals with loss in a different way" excuse is such a cop-out. Partying after a SB loss just doesn't show much heart,desire or whatever you wanna call it. I'm pretty sure #12 wasn't dancing around shirtless...and that's the one and only guy on this team that "needs to blow off some steam."

Rodney as usual is the truth.

Last edited:
That "everybody deals with loss in a different way" excuse is such a cop-out. Partying after a SB loss just doesn't show much heart,desire or whatever you wanna call it. I'm pretty sure #12 wasn't dancing around shirtless...and that's the one and only guy on this team that "needs to blow off some steam."

Rodney as usual is the truth.

Indeed. They should have been on the practice field in Indy working on their timing and route running for Week 1... which is in six months. After that, Gronk and Light and should have gone back to the hotel room, embraced each other, and had a good cry.

You kidding me with this logic? #12 wasn't at a party dancing around shirtless because he's married to the world's top super model and can go home and drown his sorrows in her. Welker, coincidentally, also has a (hot) wife. With that in mind, it's no wonder those guys weren't there to blow off some steam. Like I said, everyone deals with losses differently. Whether it's the loss of a football game or a loved one. In some circumstances, people get together and cry over the loss of the departed. In Irish circumstances, people get together and drink over the loss of the departed. Gronk, Light, and others just took the Irish route.

Next time exercise those critical thinking skills.

Indeed. They should have been on the practice field in Indy working on their timing and route running for Week 1... which is in six months. After that, Gronk and Light and should have gone back to the hotel room, embraced each other, and had a good cry.

You kidding me with this logic? #12 wasn't at a party dancing around shirtless because he's married to the world's top super model and can go home and drown his sorrows in her. Welker, coincidentally, also has a (hot) wife. With that in mind, it's no wonder those guys weren't there to blow off some steam. Like I said, everyone deals with losses differently. Whether it's the loss of a football game or a loved one. In some circumstances, people get together and cry over the loss of the departed. In Irish circumstances, people get together and drink over the loss of the departed. Gronk, Light, and others just took the Irish route.

Next time exercise those critical thinking skills.

These guys are world class athletes not some drunk irishmen and i don't see what having a wife,buttugly or a top model has to do with this.

This is very simple...these guys chose to go partying after losing what could easily be their last shot at a SB. And jumping around shirtless to LMFAO or whatever crap was playing there hardly sounds like "dealing with a loss"

I'll side with Harrison on this and i actually wish we had more players with his mentality and competitiveness.

Matt Light is doing a dance called "The Turnstile". It's when you hold your arms out to the side and spin around.

:D

I'm surprised this thread is still going. I think everyone has expressed their opinions on this one way or the other.

Being on the critical end, I don't agree with the opinion of "everyone deals with loss"....I can't think of any time in my life where I dealt with loss by having a dance party. Even as someone who spent his entire college years in a perpetual state of 'party'.

Partying is contrary to losing. I've never heard of any team in any sport over the course of my life partying after they lose a championship...right after.

Maybe the week after. It's the farthest thing from the rational mind, to jump for joy when you've experienced loss one hour prior.

With that said, obviously Matt and Gronk dealt with it this way and I don't hate them for it...To each his own...But there were 51 other guys on the active roster that weren't doing it, so I'll stand with them.

The problem is the video its just so Richard Simmons like.

These guys are world class athletes not some drunk irishmen

Irrelevant. They're still human beings and human beings deal with loss in different ways, as I have said and pointed out.

and i don't see what having a wife,buttugly or a top model has to do with this.

When you have a wife and/or children, your days of clubbing or partying with your boys are usually either over or come few and far between. That would be why Brady and Welker weren't there.

This is very simple...these guys chose to go partying after losing what could easily be their last shot at a SB.

They were blowing off steam after a tough loss. Can you tell me what you would rather them be doing afterward? Should they have gone home and cried? Soaked in the ice tub? Gone to practice? Oh yeah, these guys don't have much to do for the next six months. So, tell me, what would you rather them be doing instead?

And jumping around shirtless to LMFAO or whatever crap was playing there hardly sounds like "dealing with a loss"

Sure it does. Dancing with your friends and having a few drinks is a very easy way to take your mind off a tough loss on the biggest stage of them all.

I'll side with Harrison on this and i actually wish we had more players with his mentality and competitiveness.

Light has protected Brady's blindside for longer than Harrison was even with this team and Gronk just set almost every single season record for a TE. Not to mention he just played through a high ankle sprain suffered two weeks earlier for this team. I think it's pretty safe to say that they embody the Patriots' way for mentality and competitiveness.

Sorry, but you don't have much of an argument here. Like I said, the ability to think critically is a beautiful thing.

Rationally, I guess it's not a huge deal, but emotionally, I don't exactly love this.

Rationally, the night of the Super Bowl was the first night off since they reported after the CBA was agreed to. These guys have to take extraordinary care of themselves and be ready on off days walking down the hall that Belichick will be in their faces asking questions.

It's like the night after your last final exam in school. Whether you got an A, a C or an F, your first move is to party your ass off. You can contemplate the good and the bad over the summer.

These guys were so incredibly stoked on adrenalin after playing in front of more than a billion people in the Super Bowl, they earned the right to party. I'll say this, it's way better than going home and channeling that energy and disappointment towards violence which some of these guys do.

Saw this today. I apologize of this has been discussed/posted already.

For the pro athlete, it’s just a job - BostonHerald.com

Hours after the New York Giants’ dramatic Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots [team stats] on Sunday, the losing team threw a loud party where two key players, tight end Rob Gronkowski and tackle Matt Light [stats], stripped off their shirts and joyfully danced on stage.

The video went viral, and plenty of people got sick. Many Patriots fans couldn’t understand it. A least one notable former Patriot couldn’t accept it.

"There’s no reason for that to happen ... it’s not right," said former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison [stats] on ESPN Chicago Radio 1000. "When we lost the Super Bowl, I was so devastated the last thing I ever wanted to do was party."

Some of them do get devastated, but not most of them, thus the dirty little secret.

The players don’t care as much as you do.

In my 30 years of covering professional sports, I’ve found barely a handful of players who care as much about winning as the most fervent of fans. We’re spoiled around here because we’ve watched Kobe Bryant hate on losing for the last 16 years, but Bryant is the exception.

Congratulations to all the fans posting their anger and dismay in this thread who worked so hard for a Patriots championship this season, I'm sure your offseason work started minutes after the loss.

You guys are awesome, the players really suck, they just don't give a damn and it showed once again when they only won the AFC.

So a bunch of people who were drunk before the game even started are ripping the team for getting drunk after it was over?

makes sense to me.................................

Partying the night after isn't an issue. Partying the night before would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3