PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk flip$ his vacation house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get it shawtaay

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/patriots-star-rob-gronkowski-sells-south-tampa-mansion-for-2-million/2158751

Sold his Tampa Bay vacation home for half a mil more than what he bought it. Quoth Randall Gene Moss - "straight cash homey". Maybe he's not as dumb as he sounds.

The best part?

When the All-Pro tight end listed the home in August, for $2.4 million, listing agent Michael Palermo said he chose to sell because he "was not able to visit Tampa enough to enjoy the property."

Who says this guy doesn't take his job seriously:D

I'd love to make the same "folly" of a 30% return on a property of 7 figure value in a year. I'd posted way back an interview with Gronk when he bought the property where he said his Dad had taught the brothers how to invest and how to manage money. As long as Gronk doesn't end up married & divorced multiple times he's on a path to building wealth.

I'd love to make the same "folly" of a 30% return on a property of 7 figure value in a year. I'd posted way back an interview with Gronk when he bought the property where he said his Dad had taught the brothers how to invest and how to manage money. As long as Gronk doesn't end up married & divorced multiple times he's on a path to building wealth.

I'm speaking to his alleged reason for selling the property, not the wisdom of buying/selling the property in the first place.

Gronk isn't stupid, he's just one of those guys that is genuinely happy. Life is good for him, lucky guy.

And he cuts down on those $10K bar tabs

Tampa Bay area is one of the first waterfronts that will be largely underwater, somewhere between 20 and 40 years from now, and as that fact continues to settle into the consciousness of the public, property down there will begin to be harder and harder to sell. So quick flips makes sense, at least for a while.

Since we don't know how much Gronk invested in the home, we don't know if he got a 30% return.

Knowing Gronk, he upgraded a few things....home values aren't increasing that fast in FL.

Since we don't know how much Gronk invested in the home, we don't know if he got a 30% return.

Knowing Gronk, he upgraded a few things....home values aren't increasing that fast in FL.

This. How much did he dump in it is the real question.

And people thought that he would have trouble flipping this house with a regulation sized WWE wresting ring in the living room.

I'm curious on the house. Is the link working for anyone else?

It won't open for me.:confused:

One thing to be said for GRONK: he has parents that love him and have his best interests at heart.

In particular, his father is a pretty darn good advisor to GRONK; he told him to invest the money he gets from the Patriots in tax-free bonds, and to live off the money he gets from endorsements, etc.

Probably less than that what with the "customizations" (huge fish tanks, et al).

That house was reportedly his party pad, so hopefully his getting rid of it is not so much flipping as it is a sign of his maturation.

Can't even begin to imagine what must have gone on in that house. I would guess that the new owners will have to have the entire property boiled before it will be safe enough for them to take occupancy.

Tampa Bay area is one of the first waterfronts that will be largely underwater, somewhere between 20 and 40 years from now, and as that fact continues to settle into the consciousness of the public, property down there will begin to be harder and harder to sell. So quick flips makes sense, at least for a while.

Hilarious! Let me be the first to warn you not to sail to Antarctica to study the missing ice.

I took the OP's #s at face value. You have different #s? I'm all ears.

Meanwhile, AHern is getting three hots and a cot for free! :D

Gronk needed the money to buy another house right near 1st beach .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back