PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grigson’s insistence on “integrity” could force NFL’s hand on Luck’s hidden injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHH, Ha, Ha, Ha, Grigsons e-mail insisting on ''integrity'' may come back to haunt him. We can only hope so.
Grigson’s insistence on “integrity” could force NFL’s hand on Luck’s hidden injury

“[A]ll the Indianapolis Colts wants is a completely level playing field,” Colts G.M. Ryan Grigson wrote in one of the emails that instigated “#DeflateGate. “Thank you for being vigilant stewards of that not only for us but for the shield and overall integrity of the game.”
Andrew Luck has been playing with multiple fractured ribs — an injury not disclosed by the Colts at any time — Grigson’s past advocacy of that principle makes it harder for the league to look the other way.

I'll believe it when I see it. The silence so far has been deafening.

I'm not seeing how this forces the NFL's hand at all. Federal judges have trouble compelling these people to do anything.

I'm not sure Ryan Grigson has much influence in the NFL office, especially after he gets canned by Irsay for assembling a 3-5 team. Some of the boys on the board in Indy are predicting Pagano gets the axe this week, while others are predicting Grigson goes first.

Besides, who cares if Luck's injury is being veiled on the injury report. Indianapolis is the very definition of a Dan Shaughnessy tomato can. The Colts coaching staff is clueless, the defensive line sucks, and the veteran skill players are not a good fit for that predictable offense that they run.

Goodell using it repeatedly reminds me of the Joeseph Goebbles ''big lie'' propaganda technique. Distort the truth and say something enough times and people will begin to believe it. Goodell repeatedly saying hes going after the patriots to uphold the integrity of the game in my opinion fits the 'big lie' profile.
This is used in big business as well. Large companies are like cults, upper management is told to tell the associates the same thing over and over: for example, how lucky you are to work for such a great company (amongst other mantras).

I'm not sure Ryan Grigson has much influence in the NFL office, especially after he gets canned by Irsay for assembling a 3-5 team. Some of the boys on the board in Indy are predicting Pagano gets the axe this week, while others are predicting Grigson goes first.

Besides, who cares if Luck's injury is being veiled on the injury report. Indianapolis is the very definition of a Dan Shaughnessy tomato can. The Colts coaching staff is clueless, the defensive line sucks, and the veteran skill players are not a good fit for that predictable offense that they run.
I think most people, who feel the Pats got railroaded, care. Nobody cares about the report, we care about a rule of "Integrity" being broken.. You know, like Grigson said

I will be SHOCKED if any discipline comes out of this at all and a fine of 100K is NOT discipline. Draft Picks and or suspensions .

Sometimes I find it funny to think "what if it was the Patriots?" when other teams do these things.

What if it was Belichick who was caught screwing with the injury report?

What if it was Tom Brady who was trying to evade cops by driving 140 MPH in a weed - filled car with a gun and a 12 year old kid?

What if it was the Patriots who falsely accused another team of cheating and randomly interrogated their employees for no reason?

Would the public react a little stonger? Would the media report on it a little differently? Would the NFL punish a little more severe?

I think we all know the answer

A long time ago, I realized that the people who talk the most about integrity are always the people who have the least of it. I used to think Goodell was 'just' no exception - now it's clear that he's the ultimate example of the rule.

I think this applies to the same people who throw the term "class" or "classy" around too

Nothing significant will happen to the clots. They haven't dominated the NFL for 15 years, so no one is envious and no one (but Pats fans) care to see them punished. I'd love to say I was wrong, but that's how I see it.

As a society, we used to respect, value, and admire greatness, even if we disliked the team achieving it. In today's world of participant trophies, being exceptional is seen as a character flaw and is met with great resistance.

Take a good look into Tom Brady's eyes on game day. Resistance is futile.

There is something very wrong in a world where the Pats get their 1st round pick confiscated while the Colts get to keep theirs.

Nothing significant will happen to the clots. They haven't dominated the NFL for 15 years, so no one is envious and no one (but Pats fans) care to see them punished. I'd love to say I was wrong, but that's how I see it.

As a society, we used to respect, value, and admire greatness, even if we disliked the team achieving it. In today's world of participant trophies, being exceptional is seen as a character flaw and is met with great resistance.

Take a good look into Tom Brady's eyes on game day. Resistance is futile.
I don't think anything will happen to them either, they participated in trying to damage the reputation of TB and the pats. The league office will look the other way, just like they did with Richarson of the jest. This has turned into a society that likes to build people up, only to tear them down. And especially when you have someone like TB, the guy was a sixth rnd pick who faught to the top, is married to a super model wife, and has surpassed football royalty in P Manning to be the GOAT. The same goes for the Patriots, who rose like Brady to be one of the premire franchizes in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back