PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Stuff From Albert Breer on Mac Jones

The Alabama version of Mac Jones won the National Championship in undefeated fashion. I'd be happy with 10 wins.
I have a lot of family that went to Bama so I follow them closely. Mac's year there was amazing and I thought he was better than Tua. Waddle got hurt after a couple weeks and so Mac relied heavily on Devonta. I bet you if Waddle never got hurt Mac wins the heisman. That offense was a machine.

Mac on BOB as OC…

He’s going to let you know, Hey, you’re not doing this right. Hey, you’re doing this really well. Some coaches will tell you, but then they don’t give you a plan to fix it. I think the coolest part is he gives you the plan, and then from there, you got to go out and execute it. Something might pop up in OTAs where I did something wrong. He’s like, Well, do this throw instead of that throw. Next thing you know, it comes up today at practice.

Mac on BOB as OC…

He’s going to let you know, Hey, you’re not doing this right. Hey, you’re doing this really well. Some coaches will tell you, but then they don’t give you a plan to fix it. I think the coolest part is he gives you the plan, and then from there, you got to go out and execute it. Something might pop up in OTAs where I did something wrong. He’s like, Well, do this throw instead of that throw. Next thing you know, it comes up today at practice.
Very good. This strikes a chord with me. When I was a young man er eh kitten, I had a coach (in another sport besides football) that would constantly complain about me and never offer any solutions.

Very good. This strikes a chord with me. When I was a young man er eh kitten, I had a coach (in another sport besides football) that would constantly complain about me and never offer any solutions.
Yikes. That is the worse kind of coach. Coaches should be teachers 1st but some of these knuckleheads think they are directors. Even BB continually teaches fundamentals to this day.

Yikes. That is the worse kind of coach. Coaches should be teachers 1st but some of these knuckleheads think they are directors. Even BB continually teaches fundamentals to this day.

Seriously. A coach who can't offer guidance on how to fix a mistake is just some ******* yelling, "Hey, play BETTER!"

Seriously. A coach who can't offer guidance on how to fix a mistake is just some ******* yelling, "Hey, play BETTER!"
The irony is that his griping was about quickness! Can you believe that!!!

Excellent article. I almost didn't click on it because I read another article with a similar title and thought it was the same one. This article by Breer was much more in depth.

Trying to look at Pics of Rosie O'Donnell to keep the chub I am getting about this team in check.

That was Phatt Matt last year... Judge Joey too.

They didn't teach Mac how to fix his mistakes because they themselves didn't know how to fix them.

I wonder if that was in any way related to their having almost no experience whatsoever on that side of the LOS...?

But a coach is a coach is a coach we were told by the man who hired them...and still kept one of them.

Hey give Joe Judge a break, he didn't know ho wto fi
That was Phatt Matt last year... Judge Joey too.

They didn't teach Mac how to fix his mistakes because they themselves didn't know how to fix them.

I wonder if that was in any way related to their having almost no experience whatsoever on that side of the LOS...?

But a coach is a coach is a coach we were told by the man who hired them...and still kept one of them.
As I've said before, I think Bill suffers from arrogance, cronyism and disrespect for offensive football coaching.

Good catch and well worth the 5 min read, I was nodding along and going good answer until the very last question. Brought up the nickname Saban gave him and how he has let his emotions get the better of him in bad moments and what he has done to manage them better. He ducked the question instead of answering it “McEnroe was a hell of a player I hope to do the same but on the football field”.

I find most of the anti Mac crowd to be tedious and not having valid complaints but the one that does hit home for me is Mac lets stuff get to him too much. Yes I want passion, and I’m fine with getting fired up and having fun, Gronk for example was great, but he only threw the guy out the club once. Mac has had 4-5 times in two years that I’ve been shaking my head going rein it in big guy, you can’t do **** like that on the field. I’m disappointed he dodged instead of hearing maybe he’s talking to a sport therapist or BOB has been poking him consistently to see if he can handle pressure, or idk something that helps him manage the lows he will run into in the course of an NFL season.

Good catch and well worth the 5 min read, I was nodding along and going good answer until the very last question. Brought up the nickname Saban gave him and how he has let his emotions get the better of him in bad moments and what he has done to manage them better. He ducked the question instead of answering it “McEnroe was a hell of a player I hope to do the same but on the football field”.

I find most of the anti Mac crowd to be tedious and not having valid complaints but the one that does hit home for me is Mac lets stuff get to him too much. Yes I want passion, and I’m fine with getting fired up and having fun, Gronk for example was great, but he only threw the guy out the club once. Mac has had 4-5 times in two years that I’ve been shaking my head going rein it in big guy, you can’t do **** like that on the field. I’m disappointed he dodged instead of hearing maybe he’s talking to a sport therapist or BOB has been poking him consistently to see if he can handle pressure, or idk something that helps him manage the lows he will run into in the course of an NFL season.
Glad you're rooting for Mac. It drives me crazy when people, mostly talk-radio idiots, attack his attitude. Without context, his on-field behaviour at times last year was unseemly. With context, he was forced to run a high school level offense behind a poor OL with no latitude to change plays the opposition knew were coming. With no help or guidance in the chain of command, he then gets injured trying to run this train-wreck offense. With his professional development halted and career possibilities starting to suffer, he had to take criticism from 2 coaches who knew less about running an offense than he did. I think the Dalai Lama might have snapped under last year's conditions.

Glad you're rooting for Mac. It drives me crazy when people, mostly talk-radio idiots, attack his attitude. Without context, his on-field behaviour at times last year was unseemly. With context, he was forced to run a high school level offense behind a poor OL with no latitude to change plays the opposition knew were coming. With no help or guidance in the chain of command, he then gets injured trying to run this train-wreck offense. With his professional development halted and career possibilities starting to suffer, he had to take criticism from 2 coaches who knew less about running an offense than he did. I think the Dalai Lama might have snapped under last year's conditions.
Oh i am absolutely rooting for Mac, he is the best chance my favorite team will be competitive this year which is all i ask for. Last years team didnt disappoint me because they lost more then they won or didnt make the playoffs, they disappointed me because they werent enjoyable to watch. Dumb mistakes, stupid penelties, sloppy undisciplined football that lead to losses that should have been wins.

Back to Mac im not talking about screaming at Patricia on the sidelines. If he deserved it let him have it, Brady and BOB famously got into it, and they seem to have the utmost respect for each other. Im talking the cheap stuff on the field no one but Mac has control of or responsibility for. Twisting that guys ankle, cheap shot late tackles, over the top hysterics when people make mistakes. Passion is good, i want a QB that cares, give me Mac over Jay Cutler for example, but i do feel Mac goes too far and would be a better leader if he dialed it back 10%. All i was saying is that article would have been perfect IMO if he had acknowledged its an issue and one he is working on instead of giving an answer that implies thats who i am and it works for this other great player.

Oh i am absolutely rooting for Mac, he is the best chance my favorite team will be competitive this year which is all i ask for. Last years team didnt disappoint me because they lost more then they won or didnt make the playoffs, they disappointed me because they werent enjoyable to watch. Dumb mistakes, stupid penelties, sloppy undisciplined football that lead to losses that should have been wins.

Back to Mac im not talking about screaming at Patricia on the sidelines. If he deserved it let him have it, Brady and BOB famously got into it, and they seem to have the utmost respect for each other. Im talking the cheap stuff on the field no one but Mac has control of or responsibility for. Twisting that guys ankle, cheap shot late tackles, over the top hysterics when people make mistakes. Passion is good, i want a QB that cares, give me Mac over Jay Cutler for example, but i do feel Mac goes too far and would be a better leader if he dialed it back 10%. All i was saying is that article would have been perfect IMO if he had acknowledged its an issue and one he is working on instead of giving an answer that implies thats who i am and it works for this other great player.
Totally agree. I do admit I used to love it when Brady got mad ... you knew payback was coming!

True, but the real issue with his Mac-Enroe antics is that it is only tolerable in a winner.

Same goes from BB; everyone put up with his absurd surliness when they were winning; now it's painful to listen to.

Last edited:
Excellent article. I almost didn't click on it because I read another article with a similar title and thought it was the same one. This article by Breer was much more in depth.

Trying to look at Pics of Rosie O'Donnell to keep the chub I am getting about this team in check.

Has it ever happened that two words at the end of a post saved the whole post quite like this??

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back