PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great article in NY Daily News on McFadden's background..

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Should probably let it sink in a little before analyzing. So, I'll mention both ways you can run with it.

1. Wouldn't touch him with 10ft pole. Pats don't really need a rb and he just isn't worth the risk. We don't get many top 10 picks and don't want to use it on him.

2. There are guys who come from difficult backgrounds that become stronger. I remember reading an article about Donald Driver and how something similiar happened to him. He was abandoned at 14-15 by his family because of drug problems. His brother and himself even sold drugs to survive. Never used em because he saw first hand the damage they can do. But, when you are homeless and 14. Survival is more important than what round you are going to be drafted in.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ome_life_from_hell_darren_mcfadde.html?page=0

A very good article indeed.

On the field, there's nothing fake or dainty about McFadden. Unlike many speed backs, he craves a good collision, often using his patented stiff-arm to embarrass would-be tacklers. His position coach, Tim Horton, says 32% of McFadden's rushing yards last season (586 of 1,830) came after initial contact.

"The most aggressive player I've ever coached," Horton says.

Some scouts believe McFadden initiates too much contact, that he stops moving his feet when he does. Some are concerned about his skinny legs, wondering if they can withstand the NFL. Unbeknownst to many, he's never been serious about building leg strength. After tearing a knee cartilage as a freshman, he was advised to take it easy on the weights.

But "Butter Boy," his old playground nickname, sure can churn. That 4.33 time in the 40? McFadden covered the last 20 yards in 1.80 seconds, prompting one hard-bitten scout to remark: "Oh, my God!"

"He's going to be a great back in this league," says Kevin Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations. Hall of Famer Tony Dorsett says, "Darren McFadden is The Truth. He's legit."

Moral character does not equal football character. Football character is a semi-psychotic trait that few human beings possess. McFadden has it in droves. I read nothing in that article to change my mind that DMC will be an elite rb in the NFL, skinny legs be damned.

hey, the guy has made some bad decisions, but he does not have a criminal record...

personally, if the Pats did not have a serious need for a RB i would advice them not to draft him....just cuz of the cash he will be holding up

anyways, its not the bar fights that have me worried, its the illegitamite children

and i refuse to blame his neighborhood for his actions, the actions he did are wholly on his shoulders, he may not have fit in if he didnt go out to bar fights or had unprotected sex, but they were options he had, and ignored

either way, i hope he shapes up for the NFL, but as long as he doesnt play the Pats, i hope he becomes the back he is expected to become

p.s. the injuries would have me just as worried as his actions

I can't even get past the first picture. His legs look like they belong on a Kenyan running the Boston Marathon.

He came across very likeable. I think I'm the only person on this board who actually wants the Patriots to draft him. He will be a star in this league. Yes, his legs are quite skinny, but he never had a problem in college. Just watch his game this past year vs. LSU. McFadden is more explosive of a runner then Adrian Peterson, and if he gets picked on the right team, he'll have a better year too. That's saying an awful lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes