PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers in today's NY Daily News: Good analysis of a hopeless mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bon Jovi is bad enough, we don't have to go Iron Maiden, do we? :rolleyes:
I just watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure with my 12year old so it was at the top of mind :D

I am of the opinion Brady has long planned to be a part of management once his playing career is over. Given the team friendly contracts and the public mutual adoration between player and owner, I believe Brady's future in the organization has been predetermined ages ago. Bob eventually steps aside, Jonathan becomes CEO, Brady slides into the President's chair. (I don't see BB pulling a Fat Tuna and becoming a suit).
I mention this because, if my hunch is even partially correct, Brady has to consider his deflategate course of action in grander terms than just as a disgruntled star. He may become one of them one day. Management with NE.....or maybe an ownership stake elsewhere.
Brady is a competitive guy and I don't see him needing to occupy is future free time in the celebrity/broadcaster role....at least I hope not.
Just thoughts
Good thoughts, Ron:confused:

yeah, thanks. that's the same one i found when i looked myself. hard to evaluate its accuracy since it has no details, but whatever the right number is, it's no doubt a whole boatload of money!

definitely confirms my earlier post; guys with net worths in the half billion dollar range don't go to the office 9--5 unless there's an upside that's several multiples of what they are earning on their investments just be getting out of bed in the morning. if they really are worth in the vicinity of a half a billion, they're earning well north of 25 by doing just that.

it would make a whole lot of sense for Brady and Bundchen to monetize their brands and build something together...it would also make a whole lot of sense if they just decided to stay home, take care of their kids and routinely jet off to a beach or villa that catches their fancy.

I said it before facetiously, but it makes more sense every day. They should create a sports/fashion media empire to knock BSPN and the NFL network off their stilts.

Employ the actual good or funny or interesting sportswriters, lots of cheese and beefcake, and leave the bitter, cynical, lying, race baiting etc. to BSPN.

Then spin off a new league to compete with the NFL, for th hell of it.

It is easy to sound "smart" when you give 4 choices, then no matter what the outcome Myers will be right.. he told us so.

I do not anticipate Brady capitulating, and when the Court rules in his favor it is an easy out for Goodell, as he can blame the court and ignore the incompetence of his office..

I said it before facetiously, but it makes more sense every day. They should create a sports/fashion media empire to knock BSPN and the NFL network off their stilts.

Employ the actual good or funny or interesting sportswriters, lots of cheese and beefcake, and leave the bitter, cynical, lying, race baiting etc. to BSPN.

Then spin off a new league to compete with the NFL, for th hell of it.
Derek Jeter's done something along those lines on the internet, but Gisele/Brady have a lot more resources and Gisele has a global name.
As for the NFL spin off...not so much. Now, buying a team outright in 15 years or so...when they'd be "really rich", now that's another idea.

Exactly. At this point Goodell is risking his job if he exonerates Brady. There's a major conflict of interest here, brought about by Goodell's past failures and low approval amongst the public. If he repeals all penalties, he might as well clean out his office immediately afterwards. What's best for him and what's right are not compatible.
That's pretty close to the fugly truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing