PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell wants ProBowl played before Super Bowl!! WHAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannoman

On the Roster
Reaction score
Please tell me I heard this wrong....Chris Mortenson just announced that Goodell is proposing to hold the ProBowl every year before the SuperBowl!!!

Goodell is truly an idiot!!

Last edited:
Re: Goodell wnats ProBowl played before Super Bowl!! WHAT!!

You can't deny it would increase viewership in the event-- I mean, who watches it now as it is anyway? I sure don't... plus, it might be a neat filler on that off week before the Super Bowl. I don't think it's a horrible idea at all.

This guy is going to ruin the league the more he stays as commish. Mark my words, more people all over the NFL will realize this with his bone-headed moves that are based on emotion rather than logic or reason or business.

Maybe they can play the Pro Bowl a week before the Superbowl in London, after he fines the entire league a 1st rounder when the spygate thing is fully exposed for what it was.

Last edited:

Except ZERO PLAYERS from the Super Bowl teams would play in the Pro Bowl. I don't care, but a lot of people would. I don't mind it AT ALL outside of that - however, "that" is a pretty big deal.

What if a star player from the team that actually makes the Super Bowl gets hurt in a freak accident? I mean it's possible, right.

You can't deny it would increase viewership in the event-- I mean, who watches it now as it is anyway? I sure don't... plus, it might be a neat filler on that off week before the Super Bowl. I don't think it's a horrible idea at all.

Well, yeah, except that the pro bowlers from the two superbowl teams wouldn't be in attendance, ever....

Please tell me I heard this wrong....Chris Mortenson just announced that Goodell is proposing to hold the ProBowl every year before the SuperBowl!!!

Yeah, that was my reaction when I heard it. He needs to be removed before he totally ruins the NFL

Well, then I guess none of the players picked for the ProBowl are going to be on the SB teams because you can bet not one damn PROBOWL player from a team in the SB will play in the ProBowl, the WEEK BEFORE THE SB.

How can this not be a bad idea?

It would mean one of two things.

Either players who are in the SB will not participate in the game due to injury risk.

Or they do play and not only risk injury but also lose valuable time in preperation for the SB.

This idea will not pass, it simply doesn't make sense.

Except ZERO PLAYERS from the Super Bowl teams would play in the Pro Bowl. I don't care, but a lot of people would. I don't mind it AT ALL outside of that - however, "that" is a pretty big deal.

exactly

Well, yeah, except that the pro bowlers from the two superbowl teams wouldn't be in attendance, ever....

and yup

I think it's a ridiculous idea for those two reasons alone

Good points all--

Do many players from the SB usuallly attend the Pro Bowl anyway? I only ask because, like I said... I never watch it.

(PS-- I also agree Goodell's a moron... I just don't happen to think this is the worst idea ever.)

Players don't rate the pro bowl anyway. SB players wouldn't go.

Seems OK in theory. They play like one or two series max anyway.

who cares.

The thing I don't get, with all these changes Goodell has and wants to make is, was there that much wrong with the NFL? Did the NFL really need him to come in and fix all the bad things going on? I agree on the rookie salaries, but the rest I either don't find important or disagree with. Wasn't the NFL pretty successful before he got the job?

You'll never see a patriots in that pro bowl under BB then. The game of football in the NFL cannot afford any extra games until AFTER the superbowl. This would be a horrible decision.

Last edited:

Good points all--

Do many players from the SB usuallly attend the Pro Bowl anyway? I only ask because, like I said... I never watch it.

(PS-- I also agree Goodell's a moron... I just don't happen to think this is the worst idea ever.)

Okay, I agree with you there Vikes......the "worst idea ever" award still goes to the "No cheerleaders in front of the tunnel rule." :D

Still, IMHO , PB before SB is pretty dumb.

Great idea and about time. They want it close to the SB so my guess is the SB players would show up as special coaches and be part of the ceremonies but not play. This would allieviate alot of the boredom of the off week, and people would watch just because its the only thing on while they wait.

Alot of people here are still bitter about Goodell and that seems to be tainting their opinion about a small useless event.

:rocker:

Last edited:

No..it just does ot make sense...do u think MORE people would watch?? I do NOT think any SB bound platers would play..THAT would be REALLY dumb...and I think efforts to make any play would show how totally stupid he is..it's played after..gee a week after..not soon enough? Why would people watch the game with NO players from eitehr SUper Bowl team?? seems even less likely...bad idea..teh Pr Bowl in itself has outlasted what it's value is... Does anyone remember the college all star game?
It was the first preseason game and featured the Super Bowl team against the best college all stars who were drafted.. Many missed camp time were injured and some never showed up..WHAT a farce!! They realized it and it went bye-bye...just two teams now..not the SB team or any all star team..

What if a star player from the team that actually makes the Super Bowl gets hurt in a freak accident? I mean it's possible, right.

It's extremely possible. If a SB team actually let their players play in it. Which they wouldn't.

Is Goodell taking stupid pills? The Pro Bowl would be even more of a joke if it occurred before the Super Bowl b/c any players on teams still competing would simply NOT play.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a commish more talked about than this guy? I mean, really, every week it's Roger Goodell this and Roger Goodell that. I swear to go this guy LOVES the attention and floats out ideas so he can see himself being talked about. I think this guy has been talked about more this year than Tagliabue was his ENTIRE career as commish. Seriously, does anybody else think this guy is a media whore? I'm sick of this guy already. Hey Roger, take a hike until the offseason.

Has there ever been a commish more talked about than this guy? I mean, really, every week it's Roger Goodell this and Roger Goodell that. I swear to go this guy LOVES the attention and floats out ideas so he can see himself being talked about. I think this guy has been talked about more this year than Tagliabue was his ENTIRE career as commish. Seriously, does anybody else think this guy is a media whore? I'm sick of this guy already. Hey Roger, take a hike until the offseason.

Well, NSA, the NFL was clearly going down the tubes, losing money, TV rating dropping, etc. They needed Goodell to righ the ship -:)

Stoopid idea, really. It would make it really impossible for the pro-bowl players in the two Superbowl teams to hit their pro-bowl related incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes