PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell may award playoff teams extra draft picks who don't rest starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those who say that you can't implement anything like the ideas it's reported the League is kicking around. It's a slippery slope until they start to find reasons to make other on-field decisions for coaches based on something besides the perceived best-interests of the team in the game being played.

But, what I think is really interesting is (a) the extent of the anger at the Colts decision, especially by Colts fans...we really haven't seen anything like it since Spygate and (b) the almost panicked reaction by Polian and now arguably by Goodell to that anger.

I have said out here a couple of times that one thing that I think is being overlooked in all of this is the sweetheart deal that the Colts and by extension the league got to put that new stadium up in Indianapolis. The city and state are now struggling to meet their obligations under the deal in a very tough local economy. The Colts made the big mistake of ticking off people who were not only their fans, but also the taxpayers who were subsidizing them and, finally, voters who could turn on their friends who arranged that deal.

Goodell: "Hey, I know you went 0-16 and are looking forward to the draft, but the Colts were 15-0 and did not rest Manning so they will get to pick in front of you. OK? Bye."

Last edited:
I agree with those who say that you can't implement anything like the ideas it's reported the League is kicking around. It's a slippery slope until they start to find reasons to make other on-field decisions for coaches based on something besides the perceived best-interests of the team in the game being played.

But, what I think is really interesting is (a) the extent of the anger at the Colts decision, especially by Colts fans...we really haven't seen anything like it since Spygate and (b) the almost panicked reaction by Polian and now arguably by Goodell to that anger.

I have said out here a couple of times that one thing that I think is being overlooked in all of this is the sweetheart deal that the Colts and by extension the league got to put that new stadium up in Indianapolis. The city and state are now struggling to meet their obligations under the deal in a very tough local economy. The Colts made the big mistake of ticking off people who were not only their fans, but also the taxpayers who were subsidizing them and, finally, voters who could turn on their friends who arranged that deal.

Conspiracy theory. They did this to sabotage that and become the L.A. Colts.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes