PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good win (and some other stuff)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGabriel2007

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Some people on this board opinions vary so widely from game to game, which is exactly how the media and sensationalism works...

1. Pats D had a bad game last night, what D doesn't? You aren't going to generate a good pass rush all 16 games, someone is gonna block you well and give their QB time over a long season...

2. The offense was fine, they scored 17pts in 3 possessions in the 1st half, had a TD in the 2nd half and the other drive when Gost missed from 30...Hardly a reason to worry....We had an off game and still scored 31.

3. No weaknesses were exposed, if you pass block and get pass rush on any team, you will have a good shot at being successful and that was what Phi did. Our D struggled but we've only given up 20pts to the Colts despite bad officiating and only gaveup 20 to Dallas. Severely limiting both of them in the 2nd half.....

www.pro-footballreference.com if anyone feels like checking the game scores for the '85 Bears, '89 9ers, '92 Cowboys, '72 Phins, whoever....They all had their share of blowouts but they all had plenty of close games too..Its football......

FWIW-Jim Johnson threw in a few wrinkles to this D not seen before(i.e. the 3-4 base). My guess is b/c they were the biggest underdogs ever, and were just too motivated et al.

If anything, I doubt if he'll use it again b/c they're too undersized to play the 3-4 to begin with.

With that being said, on the other side of the coin, the Eagles had their fair share of opportunities to win this, but they didn't. There's no such thing as "moral victories", and I'm sure they're kicking themselves b/c they've fallen in the pack in this very muddled NFC race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back