PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Malcolm Butler Article with BB's insights

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not great, but IMO Pompei could have just typed lorem ipsum around the coach and player quotes and the article would still rate an A+.

There are some very nice quotes in there. It's just hard for me to even trust the quotes I've never heard before in an article that is otherwise factually incorrect.

Terribly written article.

First of all, his nickname is not "strap." It was "scrap" according to Malcolm Butler himself. It was for being scrappy. Hard to believe anything else the writer says when he cannot even get this right.

Second of all, the patriots did not allow Revis to walk. They offered him a deal to try to keep him. They chose to offer him the most they could. He chose to walk.
Get your facts straight....

Meet "Strap" who turned into "Scrap."

Meet Malcolm Butler, the man who sealed the Patriots’ Super Bowl win

Terribly written article.

First of all, his nickname is not "strap." It was "scrap" according to Malcolm Butler himself. It was for being scrappy. Hard to believe anything else the writer says when he cannot even get this right.

Second of all, the patriots did not allow Revis to walk. They offered him a deal to try to keep him. They chose to offer him the most they could. He chose to walk.

You in desperate need of some negative attention today?

Good job getting all angry about a Pro-Patriots article. ;)

I think most of us remember watching him in the 2014 preseason and being mightily impressed at times. TBH I think if it were a season where we had a poor defensive backfield like 2012 (before Talib) we'd have been talking about giving him a shot at being a #2 or #3 pretty darn quickly.

Obviously didn't expect him to come on like he has. The biggest story isn't the Super Bowl...but that he has burst onto the scene in 2015 as a legit #1 corner. Still makes his mistakes but damn has he been impressive. Pretty quickly made us forget about Revis this season. Not sure we all expected that.

Get your facts straight....

Meet "Strap" who turned into "Scrap."

Meet Malcolm Butler, the man who sealed the Patriots’ Super Bowl win
Butler picked up the nickname shortly after signing with the Patriots on May 19, after teammates noticed him putting the “straps” on receivers on the practice field. Running back Brandon Bolden said he came up with it, and some teammates turned it into “Scrap” because Butler was always scrapping for the ball.
So, was "strap" really short for "strap on"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes