PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Game Plan: Make Sure Belichick Seething

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Don't think for one second that every syllable out of Brad Childress's mouth this week has not been well thought out. Out of the Rex Ryan 2009 Game One Jets v. Pats I'm Not Going to Kiss Your Ring playbook, Childress knows getting BB tourqed-off prior to game, though risky, can reap benefits. For some reason, the last few years mouthy opposing head coaches fare pretty well v. BB.

Last edited:
Don't think for one second that every syllable out of Brad Childress's mouth this week has not been well thought out. Out of the Rex Ryan 2009 Game One Jets v. Pats I'm Not Going to Kiss Your Ring playbook, Childress knows getting BB tourqed-off prior to game, though risky, can reap benefits. For some reason, the last few years mouthy opposing head coaches fare pretty well v. BB.

Correlation causation all up ITP. Including a whole bunch of the unestablished premise.

Last edited:
Please give me instructions on how to read BBs mind and know he is pissed off by unprofessional bozo comments. It would bea nice party trick

For some reason, the last few years mouthy opposing head coaches fare pretty well v. BB[/B].

Aside from Ryan, do you have anything else to substantiate your observation???

At best your comments are anecdotal.

I have read that Childress has a degree in psychology, leading to the theory that while at first glance his comments seem to be ridiculous and not well thought out, they are in fact all with a purpose after careful and deliberate considerations. The thing is I don't see Belichick, or Belichick coached players falling to focus on some sort of revenge rather than on execution and focusing on what it takes to win. Ryan's Jets beating the Pats twice has more to do with the personnel and executing his game plan than allegedly getting BB unfocused. Childress also has quality personnel, but I don't know that he can compete as a game planner and motivator.

Who were the other 'mouthy' head coaches that have beaten the Pats the last few years?

Interesting.

I guess I believe it - that the incredibly stupid comments were deliberate attempts to send some kind of a message, whatever it is.

We all know there is no love lost between those two, at least dating back the Vikes picking up our H back Mills on waivers and BB retaliating.

-- FRITZ

Childress is a diabolical evil genius who plays chess while other coaches play checkers. We are dooooooooomed

Childress is a diabolical evil genius who plays chess while other coaches play checkers. We are dooooooooomed

This.

We have no chance to survive, make our time.

Last edited:
The last time that I think that BB was "seething" was back in 2007.... And I think the team did pretty damn well..

As for Childress' comments, everyone knows he's a moron. he may have a degreee in psychology, but that doesn't mean he knows a damn thing about truly getting inside a person's head.

The last time the Pats played the Vikings was 2006. It was Childress' rookie season as an HC. The Vikings got spanked 31-7.

Prior to that, Childress was the OC for the Eagles teams that choked from 2001-2004. And most people can agree that the Eagles were outplayed in the 2004 SB. The only reason the game looked close was because of the injuries the Pats suffered during the game.

I'll take BB in a battle of wits with Childress any day.

Interesting.

I guess I believe it - that the incredibly stupid comments were deliberate attempts to send some kind of a message, whatever it is.

We all know there is no love lost between those two, at least dating back the Vikes picking up our H back Mills on waivers and BB retaliating.

-- FRITZ

I think it actually goes back to the Eagles/Pats SB.

Interesting.

-- FRITZ

I've been waiting a long time for "the H Back Pay Back Game." Revenge will be so sweet

And here I thought Chilly's 2-4 record reflected coaching ineptitude. Now I see those losses were part of a master plan to acquire Moss and topple the great Bill Belichick.:rolleyes:

Childress has to be in the discussion for worst active coach in the NFL. If he has a psychology degree, I hope he can put it to use it at the end of the year when the Vikings send him packing.

Childress has to be in the discussion for worst active coach in the NFL.

I was thinking about this part of your message and I have to agree. Though, Jim Caldwell and Raheem Morris are right there with him.

Though, Morris might have turned a corner.. Which is surprising..

Childress has to be in the discussion for worst active coach in the NFL. If he has a psychology degree, I hope he can put it to use it at the end of the year when the Vikings send him packing.

Not likely. I've read that Psych degrees yield some of the lowest salaries. Ol' Chilly is on the mountain tops right now.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this part of your message and I have to agree. Though, Jim Caldwell and Raheem Morris are right there with him.

Does what Caldwell do actually qualify as coaching? I have never seen a head coach move or speak less on the sideline during a game, regardless of how the game proceeds (I get the "trust your coordinators" concept, but c'mon). It always looks to me like you could steal a statue, slap a Colts jacket and headset on it, and get the same effect. Say what you want about Dungy, the apparent quality of coaching fell off a cliff when he left.

I've been waiting a long time for "the H Back Pay Back Game." Revenge will be so sweet

Let's not forget the Percy Harvin pick either, when Childress blah, blahed that he beat BB to the pick. BTW, what other coach does that after a draft?

Though, Morris might have turned a corner.. Which is surprising..

yeah but Morris is a very young coach, thats not fair. he needs time to be called a bad coach. Wade Phillips.....:eek:

Yeah, and remember how Jeff Fisher was the most admament critics of Belichick during Spygate. I think the Pats might have killed the Titans last year if Belichick wasn't so focused on revenge.

Come on, do you really think running his mouth was the reason Ryan and the Jets beat the Pats week 2. The only reason I think that any of the talk might have helped was because the Jets were so pumped to beat the Pats not because Belichick was peissed.

The Pats came out of the box slow last year and nearly lost the to the Bills. Welker was out of the Jets game. The Jets started strong last year and had a lot of energy to start the season. Other than one drive, the Jets' offense was stimied. Unfortunately, they only needed one good drive to win the game.

If you think that Childress' comments will distract Belichick in any way, you are crazy. The only way it could possibly affect him is that if he gets a 17 point lead this week, he isn't going to take his foot off the gas on defense like he did with the Chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back