PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goals for the Bye Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Have as many key players healthy as possible!!!!!

Seriously, every game is important, but more important is to have players healthy. As we leave the bye, we will have the easiest schedule in recent memory (we can say that; bb will keep them focused). The only thing that can keep us out of the playoffs is a lack of focus (not possible with this coaching staff) or more key injuries than we can handle.

For me, the key to success coming out of the bye is not whether we are 5-0 or 2-3, or somewhere in between, the keys are 1) health, 2) seeing a couple of players play well who we haven't seen play well yet (obvious nominees: Gabriel and Jackson), and 3) perhaps if we extend a couple of players.

I would like to see Gabriel and the others this week, but more important is to give the players time to heal, even it costs us a win, which it won't. :)

Last edited:
mgteich said:
Have as many key players healthy as possible!!!!!

Seriously, every game is important, but more important is to have players healthy. As we leave the bye, we will have the easiest schedule in recent memory (we can say that; bb will keep them focused). The only thing that can keep us out of the playoffs is a lack of focus (not possible with this coaching staff) or more key injuries than we can handle.

For me, the key to success coming out of the bye is not whether we are 5-0 or 2-3, or somewhere in between, the keys are 1) health, 2) seeing a couple of players play well who we haven't seen play well yet (obvious nominees: Gabriel and Jackson), and 3) perhaps if we extend a couple of players.

I would like to see Gabriel and the others this week, but more important is to give the players time to heal, even it costs us a win, which it won't. :)

There's nothing really here to disagree with.

I'll add that I'd like to see the consistency on defense that we saw in the 2nd half this past weekend being shown week in week out. I think that's highly doable with a semi-healthy Bruschi and a full-out Harrison.

I'd also like to see some defensive turnovers. Not a bucketload or runbacks for TD's but just a few for confidence builders.

I know this might be asking a lot as it has been years since it has happened, but going on what mgteich was saying, I would LOVE if Brady was not Probable so that I knew for certain he was finally fully healthy. And by no Probable I obviously mean not in the Injury Report all together.

Several key players have to be re-signed and I would expect the Pat's to make some serious offers over the Bye week. The list includes Asante, Graham, Koppen and Banta-Cain. Asante should get a big contract offer which he clearly deserves.

Graham likely needs to show more down-field big-play receptions and the Pat's should be giving him those opportunities. However that means he can't block for the OL as much. Also the Pat's seem to be running better with Koppen back. Banta-Cain started against the Bills but only had 2 Tackles and an Assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back