PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Adam Vinatieri's FG vs Rams in SB XXXVI #1 Boston Sports moment since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree...it would be the hit Mo Lewis put on Bledsoe. That is truly the #1 Sports moment since 2001. We can all say it was this or that...but none of the greatness happens without that one play.

Bledsoe was out of there soon anyway even if Lewis never injured him.

That whole playoff run was magical but without the kick nothing else happens. It all starts there.

Do you have your DVD in backwards?

i agree 100%; that was 'THE MOMENT'

Choosing between Adam's kick and the 2004 Series win is kind of like a kid on Easter having to choose between the Jelly Beans and the Chocolate Bunny...whichever we grab first is a good choice. I'll go with Number Four's kick because it was indeed a single moment, but I have no argument with those who take the other view.

I do take exception, tho, to saying that the hit on Bledsoe was the top moment; way too negative and real bad karma to say that the best thing that's happened in Boston Sports this decade was a life threatening hit to a very good player who put up awesome career stats here, took the Pats to a Super Bowl and was a class act when he lost his job after the injury.

Last edited:
I am a firm believer the success of the Patriots directly contributed to the success of the Red Sox and the Celtics over the past 7 years.

Ditto. There's always been a healthy competition,almost a rivalry, between our sports franchises especially the Pats and Sox. I think in many ways they all sort of feed off one another,success in such a comparatively small area has to rub off in some fashion or another. Also there are many Boston sports fans who support ALL teams though most of us have our favorite sport/team.

Shining a spotlight on one franchise seems to automatically inspire another franchise to want their piece too; there has to be some level of symbiosis going on. FWIW the Bruins are doing well too!

Best sports "moment" is tough to call, we're lucky enough to have a lot of choices:D Brady's drive was extraordinary and the Sox' winning in 04 was too,but if I had to pick one singular moment I'd have to choose AV's Snowbowl Kick because it was SO difficult and SO impossible and SO vital that even today it seems unbelievable.

It was almost surreal; most importantly it gave everyone an epiphany and a mindset that it's never over til it's over. As long as you've still got a second left on the clock, anything's possible. There's still a chance. IMO that mindset's become an integral part of all our teams and their fans' thinking. It's not over til it's over,never give up.

Bledsoe coming in for Brady vs. Pittsburgh and throwing the TD is in my top 10.

Correction....top 10 greatest moment....no....top 10 memorable moment yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes