PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glad I Was Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Reaction score
No one is happier than myself that Seymour signed an extension. I honestly thought he was a goner, and based upon what has transpired over the past two to three years, it was a good, educated guess.

I will reserve further judgment until I see exactly how much money he will be getting. If indeed the Patriots did pay him top dollar, then why is Adam V a Colt? I am still of the opinion that Vinatieri never intended to return to the Patriots no matter what.

OBTW if my article acted as a positive "jinx", then I feel even better.

Bob G

I think we're all pretty glad you were wrong. :D

And if this positive jinx thing holds true, any chance we can get a Rodney Harrison is finished forver article? ;)

Bob, you were not the only one who was wrong but you may be the only one to admit it.

Physically dominant DTs don't come around often

We haven't had one since Sugar Bear Hamilton.

I'm still smarting about the lackluster Ken Simms whom we picked just ahead of Laurence Taylor. This organization has been waiting three freakin' generations for a defensive lineman of Seymour's dominance. You go ahead and pay him the money.

He was the best Patriots player in the playoffs. Double teamed the whole game against Jacksonville, he opened it up for the players around him. Denver attempted to play him straight up, and he was dominant, pushing around Ben Hamilton, Denver's OG, and stuffing any run play within three of four yards of his assignment.

He's awfully young.

Bob you are da man. You came in here and took your lumps, and no one is gonna hold it or the article against you.

None of the rest of the media ever have the guts to do what you just did.

Cheers to ya!

bobgeorge said:
No one is happier than myself that Seymour signed an extension. I honestly thought he was a goner, and based upon what has transpired over the past two to three years, it was a good, educated guess.

I will reserve further judgment until I see exactly how much money he will be getting. If indeed the Patriots did pay him top dollar, then why is Adam V a Colt? I am still of the opinion that Vinatieri never intended to return to the Patriots no matter what.

Bob G

I could swear you work for the Globe. There was no educated guess involved. None of us knew the status of BB & RS so you guess was totally uneducated.

Enough about the AV thing. Just chill and trust the system. You opinion about AV is just that. It doesn't matter, what is done is done. Stop crying about it.

bobgeorge said:

Bob G

I was wrong also Bob...but save it for 2011... :rofl:

Last edited:
bobgeorge said:
If indeed the Patriots did pay him top dollar, then why is Adam V a Colt?

I don't think you can draw any comparison between a top (maybe the top) DL who probably is just reaching his prime and a kicker, any kicker, ever.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I think we're all pretty glad you were wrong. :D

And if this positive jinx thing holds true, any chance we can get a Rodney Harrison is finished forver article? ;)

Not a bad idea. Secondary analysis is 2 articles away.

Bob G

Digger44 said:
I could swear you work for the Globe. There was no educated guess involved. None of us knew the status of BB & RS so you guess was totally uneducated.

Enough about the AV thing. Just chill and trust the system. You opinion about AV is just that. It doesn't matter, what is done is done. Stop crying about it.

This is nice. This board has just been so friendly lately.

dhamz said:
I don't think you can draw any comparison between a top (maybe the top) DL who probably is just reaching his prime and a kicker, any kicker, ever.

The only reason I bring this up is mostly financial. Most everyone who knows the salary cap and how it works has to be puzzled as to why the Patriots couldn't fit the little extra money it would have taken to make AV the highest paid kicker into their cap plans for 2006. It just doesn't add up, no pun intended.

Bob G

BradyisGod said:
This is nice. This board has just been so friendly lately.

There have also been an influx of idiots who post stuff like this. Why let the board go to crap?

State said:

I'm still smarting about the lackluster Ken Simms whom we picked just ahead of Laurence Taylor. This organization has been waiting three freakin' generations for a defensive lineman of Seymour's dominance. You go ahead and pay him the money.

He was the best Patriots player in the playoffs. Double teamed the whole game against Jacksonville, he opened it up for the players around him. Denver attempted to play him straight up, and he was dominant, pushing around Ben Hamilton, Denver's OG, and stuffing any run play within three of four yards of his assignment.

He's awfully young.

Great re-signing . I of course was totally wrong, I thought 2006 would be the last year of Seymour. Also Ken Simms was 1982 draft and LT was drafted #2 in 1981.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/draft/1981.jsp

Thanks for all your good articles Bob. keep em coming
I do enjoy to read you.

bobgeorge said:

I and many others have said this for a while: Adam never wanted to remain a Patriot. For years, before any of his Superbowl heroics even, when he was asked about his long term plans, he said he wanted to play with a warm weather team or in a dome to finish his career. It's simple as as that.

There is also much speculation..and there is nothing WRONG with that. I too had my worries, given the past...so I am happy happy it is done!! Many were wrong..I was wrong in being worried..many said otherwise and were wrong..but in those cases where I go out on a limb..and are wrong for the better..GLAD that I was !!!!! Keep up your great writing!!

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. I appreciate your kind sentiments. I still believe I had every reason to believe what I wrote.

We move on...

Bob G

bobgeorge said:
We move on...

Bob G

It seems like everybody has, well except for one clown who's been known for acting like a d-ck in the past.

bobgeorge said:
The only reason I bring this up is mostly financial. Most everyone who knows the salary cap and how it works has to be puzzled as to why the Patriots couldn't fit the little extra money it would have taken to make AV the highest paid kicker into their cap plans for 2006. It just doesn't add up, no pun intended.

Bob G
Bob G.........

Felgie on his radio show today said: "It's like this......Richard is 26 and Adam is 31."

State said:

Sugar Bear Hamilton...loved that guy...he had that big jelly roll hanging in the front. He was a true NT in those days because he always tied up 2 OL's.

Hamilton is indirectly credited with the infamous Tuck play reversal. Raider fans calling it payback for the bad call on Hamilton years earlier when he CLEANLY SACKED STABLER.

He's now a DL coach for the Jaguars...one of the best. He left here in 2000 to go to the Jets...would be nice to have him around again. Not that we need him...it would be nice to have more of the older Patriots involved with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News