PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glad I Was Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Broomer

Bob G.........

Felgie on his radio show today said: "It's like this......Richard is 26 and Adam is 31."

Amnorix said:
AV turns 34 this December.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1392

Born: 12/28/1972
LOL.....

I knew there was something about AV that I didn't like besides the fact of going to play for the most hated rival the Pats have.

he's also been lying about his age to Felgie :mad:

bobgeorge said:
No one is happier than myself that Seymour signed an extension. I honestly thought he was a goner, and based upon what has transpired over the past two to three years, it was a good, educated guess.

I will reserve further judgment until I see exactly how much money he will be getting. If indeed the Patriots did pay him top dollar, then why is Adam V a Colt? I am still of the opinion that Vinatieri never intended to return to the Patriots no matter what.

OBTW if my article acted as a positive "jinx", then I feel even better.

Bob G

personally i thank you a lot for yr articles that i read with pleasure.
said that i am VERY VERY happy, satisfied, that Richard Seymour is and will be a New England Patriot minimum till 2010.

i consider him, as many times i said, a force !

well done. nice day !

Go Pats !

fgssand said:
They have said it is better to part with a player, perhaps a year too soon as opposed to a year too late.

Funny, Theo was on EEI and said basically the same thing. Pay the players for what they are going to do, not what they've already done. Don't take this the wrong way...the great kicks that Adam made are part of Pats lore, part of our history. Cherish that. I do.

But don't pay $$ in 2006 through 2009 for those kicks. They're bought and paid for.

JR4 said:
You actually read that article and took for fact
"Seymour will not be a Patriot beyond 2006." ??

You actually read
"He already has won three Super Bowls, and number four can merely wait."
and believed Seymour didn't want to win another SuperBowl?

How could you have not read that article and realized Bob was giving
his opinion not a factual account? That's what sports writers do
most of the time. So his opinion was wrong that time ... you want to make a
big deal out of it? What about all his other great articles?

How would you have Bob write? Write only boring articles filled with many pharases like "in my opionion only" just so you don't
miss the fact he is writing and opinion based article?

Some people are being unjustly bit_chy over this and really need to look in a mirror if they can take it.
Come on man ... get real.

Dear JR4,

Many of us who took the other side on Bob George's article did so without any personal attacks on Bob (who, from my experience here on the board, is a fine and decent guy) but on the strong push in the article that what he was writing wasestablished fact based on solid info.

The post you attacked as being "unjustly b#tchy" was in fact very respectful of Bob. My opinion (not "fact") is that BJ McWild hit the nail on the head - - Bob's article seemed to imply that he KNEW the inside situation instead of saying it was his opinion from his vantage point (which may not be any closer than yours or mine). BJ was very respectful of Bob and did not attack him, but questioned the column - - there's a difference. You, however, have a problem with anyone else who has a different opinion from yours.

What's wrong with people having differing opinions? As long as people can do it in a respectful manner, it is healthy.

Bob is a stand up guy and in very good humor wrote a mea culpa this morning (which puts him in a different galaxy from Wrong Bogus). Good for him and good for everyone here who wrote in on the original article either agreeing with him or disagreeing with him in a respectful manner.

Last edited:
Thank you for being wrong Bob and for stepping up to the plate and admitting the fact, which is rare to find in writers especially in this area. I sent you a quick email before finding your post on here.
Thanks for the good work and keep it coming.... branch is leaving, rodney is done, our braintrust has gone braindead etc. :)

JR4 said:
You actually read that article and took for fact
"Seymour will not be a Patriot beyond 2006." ??

You actually read
"He already has won three Super Bowls, and number four can merely wait."
and believed Seymour didn't want to win another SuperBowl?

How could you have not read that article and realized Bob was giving
his opinion not a factual account? That's what sports writers do
most of the time. So his opinion was wrong that time ... you want to make a
big deal out of it? What about all his other great articles?

How would you have Bob write? Write only boring articles filled with many pharases like "in my opionion only" just so you don't
miss the fact he is writing and opinion based article?

Some people are being unjustly bit_chy over this and really need to look in a mirror if they can take it.
Come on man ... get real.

IMHO the landscape for journalists is changing and they aren't adapting to that change very well. Most fans don't want the opinion of the journalist they want them to report the facts. Facts that the fan can not ascertain on their own. Don't get me wrong journalists are entitled to their opinions, however fans don't want to be preached too or provided opinions that are written as factual. Fans these days are much more intelligent and informed than fans of previous eras simply because of the wide access to information available through the internet. Furthermore fans of NE sports have the biased media to contend with, with its constant attempt to negatively slant the stories against their favorite teams. The Boston media tends to revel in the negative stories and IMHO this rubs the fans the wrong way. So when one of their own gets something as wrong as Bob did in this article (he being a more informed media persona with greater access to info than the common fan) fans are going to revel in it because of how the media historically has reveled in stories that were negative toward their favorite teams. Bottomline its payback for the sins of the Borges' of the Boston media, unfortunately for Bob he is taking the brunt of it.

bobgeorge said:
No one is happier than myself that Seymour signed an extension. I honestly thought he was a goner, and based upon what has transpired over the past two to three years, it was a good, educated guess.

I will reserve further judgment until I see exactly how much money he will be getting. If indeed the Patriots did pay him top dollar, then why is Adam V a Colt? I am still of the opinion that Vinatieri never intended to return to the Patriots no matter what.

OBTW if my article acted as a positive "jinx", then I feel even better.

Bob G

Well, since Bob admitted he was wrong, and my name is also Bob, I should probably take the following step. I said that the Pats would sign Seymour and told all my friends if he didn't I'd buy all the beers at our draft party. I felt that sure about it. So, I'm here to admit that I WAS RIGHT!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back