PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Stadium field turf being replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrock

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
So I am Revs season ticket holder and during the last few weeks the Revs President informed us that the current field turf is being replaced.

The new surface will start to be installed next Monday after the Revs home opener and being installed by 4/12.

I still think an one Thierry Henry will chicken out of making any trips to Gillette this year. :p

All jokes aside glad to hear the turf is being replaced. Hopefully it'll be better for soccer playing while still good enough for Pats games.

I still think an one Thierry Henry will chicken out of making any trips to Gillette this year. :p

All jokes aside glad to hear the turf is being replaced. Hopefully it'll be better for soccer playing while still good enough for Pats games.

Going to what Portland Timbers have but with a base made for NFL. Henry will always chicken out!

Is that cheating bastard still playing in the MLS?

I wonder why. Too many injuries last year?

It is in terrible shape. Was worn out and drainage was terrible. I got to play a soccer game on the field last June and I have played on rec fields that are better.

Pretty sure the Revs and Pats play on different types of surface. They do this pretty regularly.

I know it rained pretty hard against the Bills this year but shouldn't the field be able to handle it if drainage is up to scratch.

I know it rained pretty hard against the Bills this year but shouldn't the field be able to handle it if drainage is up to scratch.

The field became worn water was not draining off to the sides like it was suppose to do.

Personally I prefer they go back to the same grass seed they were using during the Super Bowl years. I know this new stuff is supposed to be better than the real thing, but they'd appease the superstitious side of me by going back to "all natural"

In any event I'm all for "ANUSTART" with some fresh turf

(Those that don't get the reference are really missing out) :D

Personally I prefer they go back to the same grass seed they were using during the Super Bowl years. I know this new stuff is supposed to be better than the real thing, but they'd appease the superstitious side of me by going back to "all natural"

In any event I'm all for "ANUSTART" with some fresh turf

(Those that don't get the reference are really missing out) :D

Anus tart for 500? (Sean Connery). Just guessing.

If you watch the hits carefully, you can see that the players bodies get wrenched more on turf than grass. Turf does not give so the players bodies have to take the stress. Also there are the nasty rug burns and infections. It certainly seems as if the Patriots had less injuries when they played on grass.

This is a highly-controversial point, but I prefer to watch my team on grass; I wince when I see one of our players hit the Gillette turf. It will be interesting to see if Talib does better on the grass field of Denver. I suspect that hip and achilles injuries are more common on turf and especially the non-contact injuries--remember Vinny Testeverde blowing his Achilles without ever being touched?

Grass is always more of a risk to get washed out though, especially with Boston weather. You will never get an ideal field for football and soccer, which is why the Revs should (and probably will) build a new smaller stadium somewhere else.

Anyway, Thierry Henry is a cheating piece of ****, and I'm not even Irish.

If you watch the hits carefully, you can see that the players bodies get wrenched more on turf than grass. Turf does not give so the players bodies have to take the stress.

Have you actually been on the Gillette playing surface? I have (as part of a stadium tour when I had to burn up Visa reward points).

It gives a lot more than you might think. Remember that the "grass" is something like 5 or 6 inches long from its anchor point to its tip. Yet the visible part of the "grass" is less than an inch long. The hidden 4-5 inches is hidden by fill which is essentially a fairly thin layer of sand and then layers of shredded rubber. (Which is what you see shoot up into the air when a receiver drags his toe along the turf).

Remember we were in bad shape field condition wise when we went to Field Turf.

I think that's good noting better the the fresh smell of turf on a nice summer day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back