PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants @ Packers Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what happened to NE once Talib got hurt twice. The D went into zone mode and got shredded

It apparently doesn't count when it happens to the Patriots.

I turned NFL Network after the game and the first they're doing is interviewing.

....Lil Wayne.

....via Skype.

And I have on now and they're taking questions from 3 random fans

...via Skype.

I think I'm done with post-game coverage for the night.

hey Dawg...that'd make one hella meme, no?

1443263248201.jpg

Now all the Giants scaredy cats who were pissing their pants can now sleep well. Of course, we all know that some of those scaredy cats who were pissing their pants actually wanted the Giants to beat us. You know who you are!!!:):)

Look what happened to NE once Talib got hurt twice. The D went into zone mode and got shredded

An apt comparison as that Patriots' team was approaching, though not quite as much, as flawed a team as the 2016 Giants. As well they both were facing road games against teams that had demonstrated they were superior. Tonight, statistically speaking, the passing game results should have been expected. The Giants passing D is 20th in the league and O is about 15th.

But put aside the 'DRC went down and the Giant juggernaut was kaput', how did DRC cause the Giants to score only 13 points against a defense that is middling? Maybe because the Giants O has not shown potency and that was proven again tonight? What do you think was going to happen when they went deeper into the POs to face better Ds? BTW, Green Bay hadn't scored less than 21 since October and hadn't scored 13 or less since.....maybe 2015? (GB did only score 23 in their earlier season victory over the Giants where the Giants mustered 16 points). Of course the Giants did last break the lofty 20 point mark back on November 27 against the, ahem, Browns.

Ok, DRC going out derailed the Giant juggernaut, freight train to the SB, whatever.....because I don't even know where you Giant protagonists are getting your ammunition from. It certainly can't be from the actual Giants overall play for many weeks....

Just to be sure of this, the suggestion is the throttling the Giants just received was largely based on the loss of one defensive back?

Of all starting CBs in NFL, DRC allowed the lowest passer rating in the league when covering WRs on the outside.

An apt comparison as that Patriots' team was approaching, though not quite as much, as flawed a team as the 2016 Giants. As well they both were facing road games against teams that had demonstrated they were superior. Tonight, statistically speaking, the passing game results should have been expected. The Giants passing D is 20th in the league and O is about 15th.

But put aside the 'DRC went down and the Giant juggernaut was kaput', how did DRC cause the Giants to score only 13 points against a defense that is middling? Maybe because the Giants O has not shown potency and that was proven again tonight? What do you think was going to happen when they went deeper into the POs to face better Ds? BTW, Green Bay hadn't scored less than 21 since October and hadn't scored 13 or less since.....maybe 2015? (GB did only score 23 in their earlier season victory over the Giants where the Giants mustered 16 points). Of course the Giants did last break the lofty 20 point mark back on November 27 against the, ahem, Browns.

Ok, DRC going out derailed the Giant juggernaut, freight train to the SB, whatever.....because I don't even know where you Giant protagonists are getting your ammunition from. It certainly can't be from the actual Giants overall play for many weeks....

I think the debate is when a key defensive player goes down during a game, how big of a ripple effect it has over the entire defense. Game plan, matchups, packages, coverages, dime, zone, blitz CB3 is now CB2, CB4 is now CB3, etc.

When DRC went down, while it took a bit, the Giants pass D developed fissures it could not overcome.

Just like Talib

Last edited:
Of all starting CBs in NFL, DRC allowed the lowest passer rating in the league when covering WRs on the outside.

This is what you and the Giant protagonists are hanging your hat on? They lost their #1 CB and that was the difference between a win versus getting completely throttled?
So explain to me how the Giants scoring 13 was on DRC? How did that cause the Giants to have, I believe, 1 goal to go play all game? How Manning had a barely over 50% passing and under 7 yards per attempt against a middling GB defense? And, BTW, these are numbers not far off well established mediocre Giant offensive numbers of the past number of games.

The Giants were a flawed team, a one trick pony. Much like the Patriots (in part due to injuries, in part simply due to personnel) that year they were a house of cards. You and the rest of the protagonists are basing it on hairs standing on your arm and what? a tough fought low scoring victory over Dallas a month ago?
You can see/say whatever you want, as will I, including if DRC is there it's alllll different. What I have is stats and track record that clearly show the Giants are (a) not a balanced team, not by a long shot and have been squeaking/not squeaking by repeatedly (b) the proof is in the pudding tonight as they got throttled, walloped, beaten like an old shoe. And thank god DRC wasn't there which saved the Patriots.

A skeptic might suggest that some of you projected a HUGE amount of potency on the Giants, and with their epic thunderous thud tonight it requires another answer than you were simply wrong. No?

It apparently doesn't count when it happens to the Patriots.

At the end of the day, Injuries can catch up to you, but when one guy goes down and the D collapeses, how good can it really be. The pass rush wasnt there in the second half. There pass rush was underrated this year, but it wasnt that good either. The Broncos last year would have been equipped to lose a talib or harris, this giants team and the Patriots of 2012 and 2013 wasnt equipped to lose a great corner

At the end of the day, Injuries can catch up to you, but when one guy goes down and the D collapeses, how good can it really be.

It can be great. It can be terrible. It can be somewhere in between. You know that. Why play the fool and pretend otherwise?

It can be great. It can be terrible. It can be somewhere in between. You know that. Why play the fool and pretend otherwise?

I think the game is much closer if DRC plays but it goes deeper than that, the giants couldnt run and their star player came up small. Special teams was bad too, But I do think its clear that the loss of DRC was critical, The strongest part of that defense is their secondary. Their pass rush relies on their secondary which lost a great player. Wade got abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back