PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants Desire To Try And End Our Undefeated Streak Not Worth It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the Barber brothers are going to say now? Smug asses.

Coughlin and the Giants are to be commended for playing the Patriots game to win. I think it is a scandal that teams play to NOT (necessarily) WIN, as the Saint(ly) Dungy did.

It compromises the integrity of the league.

I suggested in a post that somehow disappeared, one way the League could try to keep it honest, for those teams "that have nothing left to play for". I would create an award and Trophy for the Team with the best Regular season record. Sort of the equivalent of a "Pennant" to shoot for.

On further reflection, I think that it would reinforce the Conferences to award a Conference Regular Season Trophy and a League Regular Season Trophy. Many more teams would compete for the best record, as it would mean something. I would also take the earnings of the wild card round, and split it in half, and award half the money to the regular season Trophy winner. :D

BTW, Coughlin's superior course showed up today against the Bucs too.

What do you think?

Coughlin and the Giants are to be commended for playing the Patriots game to win. I think it is a scandal that teams play to NOT (necessarily) WIN, as the Saint(ly) Dungy did.

It compromises the integrity of the league.

I suggested in a post that somehow disappeared, one way the League could try to keep it honest, for those teams "that have nothing left to play for". I would create an award and Trophy for the Team with the best Regular season record. Sort of the equivalent of a "Pennant" to shoot for.

On further reflection, I think that it would reinforce the Conferences to award a Conference Regular Season Trophy and a League Regular Season Trophy. Many more teams would compete for the best record, as it would mean something. I would also take the earnings of the wild card round, and split it in half, and award half the money to the regular season Trophy winner. :D

BTW, Coughlin's superior course showed up today against the Bucs too.

What do you think?

The only statement I find myself nodding my head to is the last one.
Why not just have Bowl games? Make it like College football where not only does every game count, but every play counts. That should work.
Seriously, though...didn't Cassell play the whole Miami game for us last season? Are we bashing Tony Dungy because he is the Horse Shoe Satan or because we TRULY believe playing without trying to win is cheating the 'integrity' of the league? I don't think agreeing to the outcome of a game is right, but a coach has the right to play and rest whoever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back