OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which rookie binky/binkies have claimed you? [Choose all that apply]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mac needs a BINKY. Not on the roster at this moment.....

Sam Robert’s it is. Love his energy and long time love of the team. Has a tough as nails, lunch pail attitude. Good size, power, speed. If he came in and worked himself into a big role, it would be great for our D, ST’s & Salary cap!

Only here to confirm my suspicion no one’s choosing Strange.

Can you add a "none of the above" option?

Sam Roberts and LaBryan Ray.

Mostly this is me just copium projecting that these 2 come in and help immediately

Get these 2 up and running and with Barmore, Judon and Godchaux it will be a solid DL that can pass rush and run stop/

If the conditioning team can help LaBryan Ray get over his college injuries then we may have a good player on our hands.

I can get excited about the speed guys, Thornton and Strong. If they pan out, the offense becomes very dynamic, but they have "boom or bust" written all over them.

Thornton could be a perfect fit for Mac, taking him back to his air-it-out Alabama days. Strong has the small school Dugger feel to him. Unproven against higher level competition, but all the traits to make it work.

D'Eriq King to come back after not being claimed off waivers

Very high expectations out of Sam Roberts .. I had him as my binkie too along with Marcus Jones.

we are not too sure about Thornton.. so if he doesn't pan out just reconfirms our fears about our inability to draft wide receivers .. hopefully Murphy's laws work here and he outperforms our expectations.

Strange is in a lose -lose proposition. Hee needs to perform at all pro level to be considered a success. Guess he might be an average performer , not great but more than adequate at his cap .

First two rounders are outliers . The common consensus on drafting would have taken dax hill and Skyy Moore in first two rounds . So let's compare at end of 3 seasons if the pats draft punt worked.

I'm going with Marcus Jones. Even with Jon Jones coming back, there will be plenty of teams that have two shifty inside guys that we're going to want depth at slot CB (and I'm less optimistic about Myles Bryant this year than I was last camp).

Also, I saw two random people on the internet compare him to Dante Hall and Devin Hester as a return man, so I'm letting my blind hype shoot up on that for now. If you can't find ONE rookie to just let go and be excited about in May, then just buy your plaid suspenders now because you've gone full curmudgeon.

Last edited:
Pierre or Marcus

Getting drawn to Sam Roberts. Grew up a Pats fan. A D2 ultimate underdog and a very good worker as a certified nurse’s aid at a local nursing home.
I'd been disappointed that I hadn't heard much about him during camp, but I'm hoping he continues to trend upward. I don't think I've ever had a defensive Binkie before (well, except when TB80 played D and perhaps JE11 when he did the same).

Roberts' college head coach: "He's got a lot of natural snap. I've been blessed, I've had five defensive linemen play in the NFL. I've been to two Super Bowls of former defensive lineman and quite frankly, he's got more upside than anybody I've ever had here."

Last edited:
wow so I just came back bc this got bumped and I am sorry Ty Thornton is now my binkie. I wanted to be more original than that but I'm sorry he's good.

not for nothing but as a former teacher, I have to point out that your poll add up to aproximately 149%. Just saying.

BTW my binky is going to be Jack Jones. He's a rookie who is in a position of need and has looks OK so far. #2 would be Sam Roberts for the same reason.

BTW- Binkies should ALWAYS be limited to 4th rounders and below. Guy picked in the first 3 rounds are SUPPOSED to make the team, even when they don't always work out.

I almost had a 2nd on Marcus and love his all around game. If he hits we have a really good slot guy and all-pro return man. Return skills are legit.

Been a Zappe fan for years. He's an easy one. Also with the biggest jump to make. His head must be still spinning. If there's anyone who deserves a redshirt it's him. I think we see a lot of Mac in him and think the 7 coaches we have love the QB room.

Roberts is another easy one. EVERYONE should be pulling for him.

not for nothing but as a former teacher, I have to point out that your poll add up to aproximately 149%. Just saying.

BTW my binky is going to be Jack Jones. He's a rookie who is in a position of need and has looks OK so far. #2 would be Sam Roberts for the same reason.

BTW- Binkies should ALWAYS be limited to 4th rounders and below. Guy picked in the first 3 rounds are SUPPOSED to make the team, even when they don't always work out.
People can have more than one binky. :p

Binkydom has nothing to do with draft position. So sayeth the patron saint of unfulfilled binkydom, Connor Barwin. :)

I am more than happy to claim LaBryan Ray

Let's keep that streak alive boy, we need you on the DLine

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back