PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo and the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, all of us who dare to be draftniks know that we're going to be proven wrong sometimes -- make that most of the time. (After all, so are most GMs.) My original post was just intended to say that so far, it looks like the Pats chose pretty wisely.
In retrospect, all decisions/opinions are easy to applaud or deride.

In retrospect, all decisions/opinions are easy to applaud or deride.

Which is totally fine...as long as you're willing to deride your own along with everybody else's!

Because the idea of HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE on an internet discussion forum dedicated to a spectator sport is mildly insane to me.

But I suppose it highlights the gulf of difference in my viewpoint on what a forum like this should be about and what you uptight nerds have turned it into.
So how is it offensive to be called out for a dumb call on an internet forum? Are people that sensitive? We can do it in a humorous and friendly manner. :)

Is post history shaming a thing now or has it always been and I just missed it?

Cause it's cringeworthy af

Pretty pathetic attempt at a thread necro. He just said he didn't like the JG pick (not even that JG wouldn't be a good QB), but was spot on about Halapio, Bodine and Fleming.

Normally i'd agree with you but there is no one more deserving to be confronted with the ******** he is often spewing than captain stone.

His constant retrospective complaints about BB's drafting and situational football decisions despite 15+ years of constant success are whats cringeworthy and pathetic.

Which is totally fine...as long as you're willing to deride your own along with everybody else's!

It's easier to say 'dude's awesome' until they're gone......the say 'dude sucked anyway'

predicting how someone is going to do is pretty pointless......Jimmy G would still be seen as garbage by many if it weren't for the Brady suspension....there were plenty who thought Bennett was a waste........and he might have been if gronk was not out.....Mitchell is getting looks from Garoppolo, would he get them from Brady?

too many circumstances......

Because the idea of HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE on an internet discussion forum dedicated to a spectator sport is mildly insane to me.

But I suppose it highlights the gulf of difference in my viewpoint on what a forum like this should be about and what you uptight nerds have turned it into.
You also have to consider who is posting the accountability post and who it is directed at. In the case you are referring to, we have some wild extremes.

You also have to consider who is posting the accountability post and who it is directed at. In the case you are referring to, we have some wild extremes.

Uhhhhhhh..........what?

So how is it offensive to be called out for a dumb call on an internet forum? Are people that sensitive? We can do it in a humorous and friendly manner. :)

I said cringeworthy, not offensive. Let's not make this about omg POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Calling someone out just comes across as a big I TOLD YOU SO, and I get that enough from the wife. Who is real and not a made up person.

Normally i'd agree with you but there is no one more deserving to be confronted with the ******** he is often spewing than captain stone.

His constant retrospective complaints about BB's drafting and situational football decisions despite 15+ years of constant success are whats cringeworthy and pathetic.

How's Bill's ass tasting this morning? Pretty good right now I suppose.

I still would not have drafted Grop until the early 4th-rounder used on Stork.

And the rest of Bill's 2014 draft sucked back then, and sucks even worse now.

Agree on the entirety of the 2014 draft but I believe the rumors out there were that the Texans were gonna take garrapolo right after us if we didn't take him at that spot.

Pretty pathetic attempt at a thread necro. He just said he didn't like the JG pick (not even that JG wouldn't be a good QB), but was spot on about Halapio, Bodine and Fleming.

Is post history shaming a thing now or has it always been and I just missed it?

Cause it's cringeworthy af

So what about captain troll continuing to say Garoppolo in the 2nd was wrong? Because as you see above he just said it again, "Still wouldn't have picked him until the 4th" is still saying picking him in the 2nd was stupid.

Agree on the entirety of the 2014 draft but I believe the rumors out there were that the Texans were gonna take garrapolo right after us if we didn't take him at that spot.

Here is an example of the rumor you were talking about, there was draft buzz that the Texans would take Garoppolo in the second round or even trade up in the first round to get Garoppolo, see: 2014 NFL Draft Profile: Jimmy Garoppolo. Of course, that didn't happen, but it appears the Texans were very interested in him. Moreover, Garoppolo was widely regarded as a 2nd round pick, see: 2014 NFL Draft Profile: Jimmy Garoppolo.

IMHO the Patriots were very fortunate that he fell to their 2nd round pick.

I still would not have drafted Grop until the early 4th-rounder used on Stork.

Which is to say, you wouldn't have drafted him at all.

You can't just decide that a guy who was drafted right around the point he was expected to go -- a guy who was one of four QBs invited to New York for the draft, along with Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater -- would have lasted until fourth round.

I said cringeworthy, not offensive. Let's not make this about omg POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Calling someone out just comes across as a big I TOLD YOU SO, and I get that enough from the wife. Who is real and not a made up person.

I demand naked pics of your wife with a sign saying "I'm fnordcircle's wife" or GTFO!

BB is downright scary with some of his picks/adjustments.

Picked another QB, grated he knew he'd need a backup for at least 4 games and had Brissett ready
Remember whe nwe were all like WTF, when he tried Troy Brown as CB? Yeah, he needed that one too.

That's by I never doubt BB. Sure he may make a mistake every now and then, but this guy leaves very little unchecked and has a knack for evaluating where the league, teams, players, plays, ... will be.

In Bill We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back