PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Browns considered Jimmy G in the 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think jimmy G would tell you he would rather play than get a ring because he was in the team that won without him ever playing. I don't think it's even a question.

Agreed, history won't remember Drew Bledsoe as a champion even though he was (and Bledsoe had more to do with the 2001 Pats than Jimmy G. had on the 2014 Pats).

I agree 99%. As long as Jerruh Jones is owner of the Cowboys, you can never say never. I'm surprised Jones hasn't bought the house next to Manziel so he can lust after him up close and personal.

His son vetoed him drafting him a couple of years ago. And this year his son kept him from trading picks with Seattle to draft Lynch. Want to take that as Lynch will not be the solution in Denver.

Why would he be thankful sitting in the bench here when he could have played there? If he really is worthy of being taken in the first he could have been the answer to turn the team around.

Because in NE he can be developed by top coaches, in Cleveland they'd probably ruin him.

Because in NE he can be developed by top coaches, in Cleveland they'd probably ruin him.
Hasn't worked for othe patriot backups and many QBs have developed under what could be considered poor coaching staffs. Players want to play and sitting around doing nothing rarely helps them progress.

Hasn't worked for othe patriot backups and many QBs have developed under what could be considered poor coaching staffs. Players want to play and sitting around doing nothing rarely helps them progress.

And plenty of QBs who play right away never amount to anything, there have also been successful QBs who have outright stated that they were not ready to start and needed time as a backup to develop.

Also, if you think JG has been "sitting around doing nothing" I have a bridge to sell you.

His son vetoed him drafting him a couple of years ago. And this year his son kept him from trading picks with Seattle to draft Lynch. Want to take that as Lynch will not be the solution in Denver.

His son did stop him from using a 1st round pick. But as a free agent signing with very little if any guarantee required? Don't be surprised if they do make a play, as ridiculous as it sounds. They brought in Hardy. They stood by Lett after numerous drug suspensions. He stood by Josh Brown after his DUI which killed a teammate. Manziel isn't going to phase him.

As for Lynch, that's not entirely true. They did put together a package of picks, it just wasn't enough. So he stopped him from trading too many picks, but they were definitely willing to move up for a certain price.

And plenty of QBs who play right away never amount to anything, there have also been successful QBs who have outright stated that they were not ready to start and needed time as a backup to develop.

Also, if you think JG has been "sitting around doing nothing" I have a bridge to sell you.
interesting comment coming from a guy arguing an NFL QB would rather sit on the bench than play.
Clearly there is no point in continuing this discussion.

I think jimmy G would tell you he would rather play than get a ring because he was in the team that won without him ever playing. I don't think it's even a question.

The poor kid didn't even have anyone to high five with after The Butler Did It. One of the funniest images from that moment was watching JG searching around for someone to celebrate with. He went for Brady but Tom went for Josh instead.

interesting comment coming from a guy arguing an NFL QB would rather sit on the bench than play.
Clearly there is no point in continuing this discussion.

Nice strawman attempt.

I never said the QB would "rather sit on the bench than play", those guys are competitors, they WANT to play, that doesn't mean that playing right away is better for their long-term development. Just because you want something doesn't mean it's any good for you.

Also, when it comes to the value of first being a back-up I'm going to give the opinion of Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers a helluva lot more weight than yours. How many snaps have you taken in the NFL under center?

Also, if you didn't want to continue the discussion why did you even reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back