PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Galloway inactive for Sunday vs. Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Dav...still on my first cup of coffee:yawn2:

It seems that

1) Tate will be back after the bye.

2) Galloway will be gone and perhaps playing against us later in the season, perhaps at indy.

3) For now, we need to accept to accept that Edelman is our #3 wide receiver and Aiken is our #4 wide receiver. As far as the #3 receiver, that player is Watson. Baker, Faulk, Maroney and Morris are all also solid receivers. That gives Brady 9 targets for now.

4) It seems sad that we cannot wait for Galloway to learn the offense. We waited for Gaffney.

=================
The patriots have played without two speed wide receivers on the outside before. In any case, Watson meets that need.

If people are going to wish for something, can we at least wish for a lot better than Greg Lewis? It's amazing how many people have been wishing we didn't cut Greg Lewis like he's actually a good player. He has 1 catch for 32 yards this year. It may feel like he should be in the Pro Bowl since we've seen that catch about 1000 times on ESPN, but he hasn't done anything aside from that 1 play.

I didn't see anything from him indicating he was a great fit for our system and would be doing far better here, either. He did nothing when he was here and was cut as a result.

Greg Lewis wasn't and isn't the answer to the 3rd WR problems in New England.

Well who else was out there, we gave up on Kelly Washington, for some reason is doing well in Baltimore... I would feel better about Greg Lewis , then say Sam Aiken.... And also the Facination for a guy like Terrence Nunn, who had a nice preseason, needs to stop... I never understand why people are in love with guys who could not make the roster, ala Bam Childress, Terrence Nunn, BJGE, who now is on the team ... There did not make the roster for a reason...

Last edited:
This is quite disappointing..but I would guess there's a back story to this that is still hidden. I was quite hoping after he sat out that he would spring out of it all, but just the opposite...more like the team has moved on without him. And today is a game where they could use a third wideout with a lot of experience.

There is no back story, he just doesn't fit into the Pats system as quick or as well as they hoped.

Like Doug Gabriel, Donald Hayes, ect..

GALLOWAY in John Denvers voice..." I'm staying off the jet plane, don't "KNOW" when I'll be back again...oh baby"...

"He was benched in the autumn of his 37th year ...

... Rocky Mountain loooooow"

Sure hope he's not on the Colts or Jets by mid-season.

That's why I expect the Pats won't cut him until after the trade deadline, at which point he'll have to clear waivers.

The whole thing is a bit of a mystery. Galloway hasn't looked so bad, nor has Aiken looked so good, that this move makes sense simply based on what we know. I will tell you what, though - I doubt the answer to the mystery has anything to do with Brandon Tate. A rookie third-rounder coming off knee surgery with no training camp just seems unlikely to get a lot of PT for a BB-coached Patriots team.

If Galloway is not good enough to be active on game day, then

why the hell is he still on this team? If Sam Aiken is playing wide

receiver on a regular basis, this team is in dire need of a wide

receiver.

It seems that

1) Tate will be back after the bye.

2) Galloway will be gone and perhaps playing against us later in the season, perhaps at indy.

3) For now, we need to accept to accept that Edelman is our #3 wide receiver and Aiken is our #4 wide receiver. As far as the #3 receiver, that player is Watson. Baker, Faulk, Maroney and Morris are all also solid receivers. That gives Brady 9 targets for now.

4) It seems sad that we cannot wait for Galloway to learn the offense. We waited for Gaffney.

=================
The patriots have played without two speed wide receivers on the outside before. In any case, Watson meets that need.

If Edelman can learn the offense in one training camp, why can't a fifteen

year veteran? Even you and I know that when you are wide open in the

end zone, both feet have to be in bounds to make a catch.

Evidently this was on ESPN :

"But ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Patriots don't want to cut him and there is hope this is part of the "Patriot maturation" process"

Whatever that means but it doesn't sound like they're in a rush to cut him.

Do you think there is bad blooderoo between him and Brady, so that they won't play in the future?

maybe trade him for a conditional 7th or something.

Maybe get hit to pay back his signing bonus.

Maybe he is sulking and really po'd. they won't even take him on the plane? Doesn't that mean he's some kind of disruption?

Maybe he and brady had a ***** fest or something and brady hates him.

Excellent post. I would actually like to see Nunn get a chance over Aiken.
Aiken is our Special Teams Captain and was our 4th WR and he is a pretty decent one.

We're not in the same position as we were in 07 with 2 elite receivers, 1 pretty good fast receiver and 1 reliable 4th receiver. As well as the Backs and Tightends.

If Edelman can learn the offense in one training camp, why can't a fifteen year veteran? Even you and I know that when you are wide open in the end zone, both feet have to be in bounds to make a catch.
Galloway has played 1 type of offense his whole career.

You can't just adjust straightaway.

The Patriots offense is complicated.

Galloway is going about as well as the John Smoltz experience. Just trade him or release him, because him just being inactive isn't going to help this team at all.

It seems that

Why would we get rid of him if they still are on the hook for his entire season's salary to let him go to a contender? I don't see us outright cutting him.

Why waste a roster spot? Look for him to be gone when Tate is ready to play.

Why would we get rid of him if they still are on the hook for his entire season's salary to let him go to a contender? I don't see us outright cutting him.

No, the patriots aren't in a rush. The evaluation needs to be made coming out of the bye week.

Evidently this was on ESPN :

"But ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Patriots don't want to cut him and there is hope this is part of the "Patriot maturation" process"

Whatever that means but it doesn't sound like they're in a rush to cut him.

Aiken is our Special Teams Captain and was our 4th WR and he is a pretty decent one.

We're not in the same position as we were in 07 with 2 elite receivers, 1 pretty good fast receiver and 1 reliable 4th receiver. As well as the Backs and Tightends.

Galloway has played 1 type of offense his whole career.

You can't just adjust straightaway.

The Patriots offense is complicated.

You should not have to teach a 37 year old player how to catch a

football or to keep both feet in bounds while catching the football.

That's why I expect the Pats won't cut him until after the trade deadline, at which point he'll have to clear waivers.

Great point. Either this or for Seau. This will keep Lockett available as a plugger for another player.

Don't forget trading deadline is 9 days away (if I am not wrong).

this has the potential to royaly screw us over:

baily takes moss

goodman takes welker

they are BOTH good cb's, our TOP WR's barely get open.....

and who the hell catches the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes