PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fuzzy Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChockBlkr

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
every report i've seen had pats offering branch @ 6mill / year - jets and seahawks are reported to be offerring 6 years, 36 mill. - 36 divided by 6 = 6?
is my public school education catching up to me or did the pats already offer branch fair market value months ago?

ChockBlkr said:
every report i've seen had pats offering branch @ 6mill / year - jets and seahawks are reported to be offerring 6 years, 36 mill. - 36 divided by 6 = 6?
is my public school education catching up to me or did the pats already offer branch fair market value months ago?

I have been wondering the same exact thing

ChockBlkr said:
That's not the issue. The Pats offers were extensions and/or not enough guaranteed money. We don't know the details of the other offers, or even the Pats offers for that matter.

yeah we made him that offer and he turned it down... MORE than fair, IMO. The fact that he's holding the team hostage over such an offer turned me off to him completely. I mean, if he'd rather catch passes from Chad Pennington than Tom Brady...

From Mike Reiss:

"The breakdown in talks traces to May, when the Patriots attempted to spark negotiations by offering Branch a contract extension through 2009. The offer included a $4 million signing bonus and $4 million option bonus payable in 2007. Branch's base salary for 2006 would be $1.045 million, followed by salaries of $1.4 million in 2007, $4.3 million in 2008, and $4.75 million in 2009. The deal also included workout bonuses of $300,000. Over the four years of the deal, Branch would be paid just shy of $5 million per year. Assessing only the three years added to the original contract, plus bonus money, Branch would be averaging about $6.25 million per year."

If you use the years 2007 through 2009, then the Patriots' offer is $6.25 million per year.

If you use the years 2006 through 2009, then the Patriots' offer is less than $5 million per year.

Personally, I would use the years 2006 through 2009 since the Patriots are able to amortize the cost of the 2006 signing bonus over 4 years.

Sorry guys but it is not about the money, Its About the Pat's screwing Branch out of free agency this year.

At least that is how Branch via His agents mind meld sees it.

It is sad but Branch is convinced the Pat's screwed him and he wants to go somewhere anywhere but here.

So the math is never going to be the judge of this situation

RAWKY said:
Sorry guys but it is not about the money, Its About the Pat's screwing Branch out of free agency this year.

At least that is how Branch via His agents mind meld sees it.

It is sad but Branch is convinced the Pat's screwed him and he wants to go somewhere anywhere but here.

So the math is never going to be the judge of this situation

If that was true why would Branch say that he wanted to and thought we would remain a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News