PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Front Page Article on Brady and Bundchen in today's NYDaily News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Between a flattering article on Brady by Sally Jenkins in last week's Washington Post and this puff piece about the Brady-Bundchen relationship on the front page of today's NY Daily News (not to mention Gary Myers' book), it's pretty clear that Brady's team is turning to "out of town" print media and not idiots like the MCI and CHB to get their story out.

This article is credible even to skeptics because, while Bundchen's comments are candid and real, in the end, they leave the reader with the impression that this is a very strong relationship.

The article concludes:
"The Deflategate scandal drew a four-game suspension for Brady, a penalty that was eventually overturned.
"Bündchen, 35, said that she and her husband, who is 38, were able to weather the controversy because of their love for each other, as well the support of loved ones.
"I think, no matter how challenging it was, we've always been supportive of one another," she said. "I think that's the most important thing you can have in life, you know, a support system and love."

Gisele Bündchen opens up about Tom Brady marriage troubles

For the NYDN it's a decent article. However, it would not have ran if Brady n the Pats were not playing the Giants this Sunday

For the NYDN it's a decent article. However, it would not have ran if Brady n the Pats were not playing the Giants this Sunday
More to the point, i think, is that Gisele is selling a $700 "Coffee Table" book, that is out just in time for the Holiday Season (surprise!) and to which the article makes reference. The article is not a "football" article but a "Gisele" article.

Whatever the motivation, it was a positive piece, compared to some of the hit jobs by ESPN and the CHB.

A $700 coffee table book?

I hope it comes with the coffee table.
Better believe it sister!
giphy.gif

Hope they win on sunday. Just imagine what they will print out if the pats lose. I will get alot of crap from giants fans

More to the point, i think, is that Gisele is selling a $700 "Coffee Table" book, that is out just in time for the Holiday Season (surprise!) and to which the article makes reference. The article is not a "football" article but a "Gisele" article.
In case anyone gets the wrong idea, all the proceeds from the book are going to charity and it's sold out.

In case anyone gets the wrong idea, all the proceeds from the book are going to charity and it's sold out.

That fact won't stop some Pats haters.

"How do we know it is really going to charity"

I watched the interview. Impressive woman. Charlie Rose does a nice job.

From what we all know about TB, they both seem like very similar people.

She was always incredibly appealing but those who think her looks are manly, this video shows that she is much more appealing in video or film than she is in photos--which is ironic given she's a photo model.

She was always incredibly appealing but those who think her looks are manly, this video shows that she is much more appealing in video or film than she is in photos--which is ironic given she's a photo model.
Who thinks she is manly???

She's a Victoria's Secret runway model. You can't get any farther away from manly than that.

Remember going to a Pats game in around 2005 and for some reason she was on the sidelines, she is probably the most beautiful woman in the world.. looks just as good in person with winter togs on.

Wonder if she met #12 that day???

That fact won't stop some Pats haters.

"How do we know it is really going to charity"
Not even haters, folks on this forum will be asking:

What percentage? Is it enough? Giselle could afford to pay for printing and give the book away, why doesn't she do that?

First of all, remember, we're on the same side.

But if you go to the webpage for the book it says that "Gisele is donating all her proceeds from the book to charity."

However, the publisher, Taschen, is in the business of making money and has already raised the 2016 price from $700 to $1,000, after the 2015 first run sold out. So, while "all" of "Gisele's proceeds" are going to Charity, iti s highly likely that "all the proceeds from the book" are not going to Charity.

It is also possible that Gisele was, quite reasonably, reimbursed for any expenses she incurred in the production of the book, prior to the calculation of her net "proceeds." That's all perfectly reasonable and 100% above board.

It is extremely generous for someone of Gisele's stature to limit her benefits from the book to expenses incurred and the (extremely valuable) free media that the book generates.

Manly?!?! Good grief. o_O Anybody who says that has some issues.

And her talents include acting too... she did a great job with a bit part in The Devil Wears Prada...

dwpstill10.png

...which (cough) I was, uh, forced to watch.

Twice. o_O

Remember going to a Pats game in around 2005 and for some reason she was on the sidelines, she is probably the most beautiful woman in the world.. looks just as good in person with winter togs on.

Wonder if she met #12 that day???

I thought that they started dating in the winter of 2006?

Who thinks she is manly???

She's a Victoria's Secret runway model. You can't get any farther away from manly than that.

Trey Stone and Matt Parker, apparently. They're objectively wrong, to the extent that their jealousy/bitterness as Broncos fans is kinda funny, but they do apparently think that.

Trey Stone and Matt Parker, apparently. They're objectively wrong, to the extent that their jealousy/bitterness as Broncos fans is kinda funny, but they do apparently think that.

I know their type. Those are the guys that are highly critical and fault-finding of attractive women because they know deep down they have no shot of getting anywhere.

the cbs interview with old man charlie was cool.
man, she's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST