PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Friday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s the latest, just released by the Patriots:TEAM DID NOT PRACTICEQuestionableS Willie Andrews (elbow)TE Kyle Brady (foot)FB Kyle Eckel (stomach)S Rodney Harrison (thigh)CB Ellis Hobbs (groin)T Nick Kaczur (foot)G Stephen Neal (shoulder)TE Stephen Spach (knee)CB Antwain Spann (hamstring)ProbableQB Tom Brady (right shoulder)Jags:OutLB Mike Peterson (hand)Probable (all full participation in practice)DT John Henderson (hamstring)DT Grady Jackson [...]

More...

Friggin Brady and that damn shoulder. Nope, still not old.:)

Wow, that's a lot of guys to be DNP for a Friday ...

Is the thinking this is just precautionary holdouts, or something more serious? I don't recall the majority of these folks not practicing earlier in the week ...

Does Belichick tend to be more 'cautious' with his post-season injury reports? Because questionable for Harrison, Hobbs, Neal, Kazkur, and Brady worries me a bit. Quite a bit, actually.

Unless, of course, this is just another game played by Belichick where they'll all play but didn't get a full week of practice in.

What the hell is going on? Didn't we just have bye-week? What's up with all of these injuries?

That injury to Hobbs concerns me. I don't want to see Eugene Wilson back there.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of guys to be DNP for a Friday ...

Is the thinking this is just precautionary holdouts, or something more serious? I don't recall the majority of these folks not practicing earlier in the week ...

I believe the entire team didn't practice today. Day off before the game. Maybe some walkthrough session or something, but no contact for the Pats. I think that most of the guys who are questionable will play (although not sure about Neal's status and hopefully K.Brady is good to go after a few weeks off now). Rodney will play, IMO 99.9% sure.

What the hell is going on? Didn't we just have bye-week? What's up with all of these injuries?

The drivers on Route 1 are really "physical".

Hobbs was a team decision and now it's a groin. OK.

Really hope he and Rodney especially will be fine.

That's not what I wanted to see one day before a playoff game.

Hopefully its just fluff.

Maybe the point spread will fall off.

Last edited:
Hobbs was a team decision and now it's a groin. OK.

Really hope he and Rodney especially will be fine.

Not to get ahead here - BUT - we really need a healthy Hobbs & Harrison VS the Colts. DO we gamble and rest these guys?? Especialy Hobbs.

But I thought Belichick, when he's messing around with the report, usually does it earlier in the week so that the other team doesn't really know who to prepare for. Not the day before the game.

I don't know, I'm just a little freaked now at seeing all those guys questionable.

Not to get ahead here - BUT - we really need a healthy Hobbs & Harrison VS the Colts. DO we gamble and rest these guys?? Especialy Hobbs.

They've had two weeks of rest though. If they aren't playing it's because of a legitimate injury, not because of rest.

It's always nice to see a clear injury report but I wouldn't worry about most of these. Aside from the occasional injury that happens in practice (like Kaczur), the guys like Hobbs and Harrison likely are more healthy than the last game which was two weeks ago.

It's always nice to see a clear injury report but I wouldn't worry about most of these. Aside from the occasional injury that happens in practice (like Kaczur), the guys like Hobbs and Harrison likely are more healthy than the last game which was two weeks ago.

When it comes to injury reports, nobody is more manipulative and deceitful than Jack Del Rio. BB, Polian and Shanahan are more high profile, but Del Rio is a notorious fibber and BB is messing with him by flooding his own report with white noise.

Last edited:
When it comes to injury reports, nobody is more manipulative and deceitful than Jack Del Rio. BB, Polian and Shanahan are more high profile, but Del Rio is a notorious fibber and BB is messing with him by flooding his own report with white noise.

I think that too. Did all these guys collapse in a day?

I was thinking about the white noise factor too. The problem is that white noise would be designed to obscure an actual signal -- e.g. that a significant starter is really going to be out.

Most optimistic viewpoint: with 9 names on the "questionable" report it only takes, say, Spach, Spann & Eckel not dressing to be in reasonable range of the theoretical 50%.

OK, no one freaks out about injuries more than I do. And I am feeling a little freaky about this. But I'm hoping this has something to do with the fact that they had no practice today and a bit of gamesmanship on BB's side.

I really really hope so! I want to see # 37 out there, for sure.

That injury to Hobbs concerns me. I don't want to see Eugene Wilson back there.

Will never happen. They will go with Gay before they do Wilson outside.

Although, I do have to wonder, wasn't Hobb's a "team decision" all week? Did he just hurt his groin or was he really hurt all this time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference