PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Taylor in Jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point: in this past Super Bowl, there were 3 running backs drafted in the first round: Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, and Reggie Bush. If the Pats had picked any of those guys, the fans that rag on our running game now would still be ragging on it, for all the same reasons. First round RBs are rarely worth the pick that you spend on them. 2nd-4th round seems to be the sweet spot where you can get great talent, but at the same time the investment isn't too high for the crapshoot nature of it all.

I keep hearing 1st round mentioned for where we'd need to draft a back. Im not greedy like that. Like I said earlier....just draft a guy. Anywhere. Thirty-one picks in 3 years, and not a single RB? I question the logic there.

We need to give Maroney one last try to be "the guy" IMO, Morris is a solid backup, BJGE an acceptable emergency guy with Faulk in his role. Taylor probably leaves in favor of a 6th WR or DB.

We need to give Maroney one last try to be "the guy" IMO"

Really? Seems to me that he has had all the chances he has needed to prove he can be "the guy"...and he has not delivered.....constantly injured....fred astaire at the line of scrimmage.....and then the fumblitis last season.....He will be part of a RBBC here again this year because there is no one else to be "the guy", and unless something drastic changes......will be gone next year.

Running Backs are a dime a dozen now outside of the true elite guys.

Give me 4 of our guys ahead of Shonn Greene (lets face it LdT isn't going to do jack in NY)

you may end up eating some crow on Shonn Greene.....He looked very good in rook season last year and will be running behind a very good OL. LT may thrive in a new environment....or may crumble under intense media/fan stuff.....hard to tell......I despise the Jests but our running game isn't going to keep fat rex up at night worrying about how to defend right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes