PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Jackson crashes car while drag racing Marshawn Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the Seahawks forum analyzed it pretty well based on the map of the intersection and the spot/angle of impact, and it looks like Jackson was driving just a bit too fast for the corner and was braking the whole end of it. If he had been racing, he would have flown into the woods.

I don't know if Jackson was racing, but he sure as hell wasn't going "just a bit too fast" relative to a prudent speed for that road (not to mention any posted speed limit). Running across a planted divider, 30 feet of tire marks + flattened stop sign = driving like an ass.

Not long, but if it were Jamie Collins he would still be here.

Well, seems that Jackson at this time is more like Spikes than Collins in the scheme of things. But if driving like a moron is all there is (no drugs/street racing/minors as passengers/guns/evading the police) it's just an indictment of Jacksons automotive skills rather than the Seattle organizational climate.

What did Lynch tell the police when asked?

r355n0m.jpg

So you're notion here is that Fred Jackson said to himself "Well, if I had a disciplinarian boss at my job I probably wouldn't drag race, but I don't so I'm just gonna floor it."

The dude has been in Seattle for like, 2 months? And suddenly he becomes an insane drag racer?

I think people consistently overestimate the reach an NFL team has into its employees' lives. Blaming Pete Carroll for Fred Jackson driving like an idiot is silly.

Nobody is BB when it comes to coaching and I certainly agree with your point.

What I don't get is some fans animosity towards Pete Carrol and what he did in his time in New England.

First season in New England, lost his probowl running back to the Jets. Lost 7-6 to Pittsburgh in a defensive slug fest.

2nd season finished 9-7 despite losing Bledsoe the final two games to the finger injury, think he missed the playoffs vs Jville too.

3rd season. Loses Robert Edwards to some freak injury. It was probably the 2-6 to finish the season that did him in but looking back there was a lot of just bad luck going against the guy.

Not sure he will be considered a great NFL coach but he is definitely a great defensive coordinator. Jets, Patriots and Seattle were some pretty well coached defenses in his tenure.

Nobody is BB when it comes to coaching and I certainly agree with your point.

What I don't get is some fans animosity towards Pete Carrol and what he did in his time in New England.

First season in New England, lost his probowl running back to the Jets. Lost 7-6 to Pittsburgh in a defensive slug fest.

2nd season finished 9-7 despite losing Bledsoe the final two games to the finger injury, think he missed the playoffs vs Jville too.

3rd season. Loses Robert Edwards to some freak injury. It was probably the 2-6 to finish the season that did him in but looking back there was a lot of just bad luck going against the guy.

Not sure he will be considered a great NFL coach but he is definitely a great defensive coordinator. Jets, Patriots and Seattle were some pretty well coached defenses in his tenure.

Carroll's death sentence was written before he got started by guys like Shauahneangagnagyebyasy. People still believe the **** that guy wrote about Kraft holding a stopwatch and timing Tebucky.

Fans weren't as savvy back then, imo, and the picture the Boston media painted of an out of control locker room being all Carroll's fault took root. Meanwhile Grier, a guy who I carried so much water for when I was an actual internet forum warrior, gave Carroll some of the worst drafts in NFL history to work with and was the person who undermined Carroll's authority when Pete would actually level some discipline.

Overall I like the guy and he's been successful elsewhere and probably would have been more successful with us if he had a competent GM. Probably not SB title level, though.

Pure revisionist bullcrap. I was far more invested in the Pats during Carroll's tenure than I am now.I practically lived at Bryant College, had a press pass, wrote a kind of forerunner of today's blog and ran a website, even as Ian was building Patsfans. Pete's favorite catchall post game sound byte was "we just gotta clean things up..clean things up" Clean thing up???? He took a team that was in the Super Bowl and had THREE declining seasons. All those other factors you people brought up were ancillary to the real problem, and that was Pete Carroll was NOT head coaching material at that time.

Now I'm not going to get into the letting the inmates run the asylum type of laissez faire team he produced. Yes ,Grier was an abomination with 29 out of 31 misses in the draft over three years...but I just want to point out one prime example of how Carroll was in over his head at the time...the 9th game of his third season...coming off a bye week...beat by the Jets and RAY LUCAS at home. The Pats were 6-2...the next three games they lost to...Jets, Miami ,Buffalo...AFTER a BYE! Ray Lucas...24-17 winner IN Foxboro...what exactly DID Carroll do during the bye? Clean up the ****ing stands? Because he sure as hell FAILED to clean anything else up. 6-2 to 8-8. No, it wasn't everybody else, it WAS Carroll.

Pure revisionist bullcrap. I was far more invested in the Pats during Carroll's tenure than I am now.I practically lived at Bryant College, had a press pass, wrote a kind of forerunner of today's blog and ran a website, even as Ian was building Patsfans. Pete's favorite catchall post game sound byte was "we just gotta clean things up..clean things up" Clean thing up???? He took a team that was in the Super Bowl and had THREE declining seasons. All those other factors you people brought up were ancillary to the real problem, and that was Pete Carroll was NOT head coaching material at that time.

Now I'm not going to get into the letting the inmates run the asylum type of laissez faire team he produced. Yes ,Grier was an abomination with 29 out of 31 misses in the draft over three years...but I just want to point out one prime example of how Carroll was in over his head at the time...the 9th game of his third season...coming off a bye week...beat by the Jets and RAY LUCAS at home. The Pats were 6-2...the next three games they lost to...Jets, Miami ,Buffalo...AFTER a BYE! Ray Lucas...24-17 winner IN Foxboro...what exactly DID Carroll do during the bye? Clean up the ****ing stands? Because he sure as hell FAILED to clean anything else up. 6-2 to 8-8. No, it wasn't everybody else, it WAS Carroll.

Come on Joker, take it easy on California Pete. Many of the players loved him and thought of him like their little brother :).

This big thing, the BFD, on the AOL Patriot chat boards: was it the man, Parcells, leading/driving the team to success or was it the system with its parts being interchangeable?

I think a lot of us wanted to believe it was interchangeable parts due to how the SB was lost and BP's departure. Screw BP! was the general feeling (though not completely). Pete did good things at SF and he was highly regarded from that franchise that was still hanging around to the table scraps of its dynasty. But the reality, IMHO, was the team was put together to be a Parcell's type team - a team with a stern leader that would get scrappier and tougher as the cold months moved in. Carroll Pete was not ready to helm a team like that -- especially with players, supposedly, going to Grier behind his back to gain more preferred decisions (that could not have been easy for Pete - especially with head cases like Glenn).
Thank god Kraft eventually bought into that line of thinking that Pete was the wrong man for this type team, a team definitely still had remnants of BP in it, and went out to make the best NFL decision he ever made (he worked harder and paid more to land BB than, I suspect, any owner had ever done to land an unheralded coach). Funny thing is, supposedly Kraft wanted to hire BB right after the lost SB (a SB we would have won if Brady was QB btw. Not trying to be fully disrespectful to Drew but he just didn't have what Brady has). The story is Kraft was talking to BB just after the departure of BP but it was complicated. Side note: I suspect Kraft needed to see Carroll in action to know he had to go back to a BB type.

That's at least how I remember it in the pre-patsfans, dial up internet, sonic the hedgehog, days of yore....

I don't think they were really drag racing, as much as some of you seem to want it to be true. TMZ is full of **** and we know that. Someone on the Seahawks forum analyzed it pretty well based on the map of the intersection and the spot/angle of impact, and it looks like Jackson was driving just a bit too fast for the corner and was braking the whole end of it. If he had been racing, he would have flown into the woods.

""We spoke with Jason Hellervik -- an autograph seeker who was waiting for players at the facility when he saw Fred's black Corvette pull up to a stop sign next to a red Dodge Charger.

"They were both stopped at the same time, they both revved their engines and they both left without stopping," says Jason, who was with his buddies at the time ... "We were like what are these idiots doing?"

Hellervik says he was with 6 other guys at the time of the crash -- who all witnessed the apparent drag racing scene -- and none of them have been contacted by police. He says if contacted, he would definitely cooperate with investigators. "

TMZ may be full of **** -- most media is -- and the witness may be lying. I concede all of this. However, he is an autograph seeker and would seemingly have no ax to grind with the Seahawks. And the "what are these idiots doing" seems to fit well with an everday person's reaction seeing two cars burn off quickly at high speed seemingly racing each other.
Again not conclusive evidence but certainly enough to suspect the Seahawk poster analysis isn't quite proof of this being much ado about nothing. Further, as I mentioned, this was done right next to the practice facility where fans and media can and absolutely should be expected. That cannot be dismissed as meaningless when two veterans are disregarding there approximation to the team's facility. That to me indicates a marked disregard for the team's authority and expectations.......IMHO.

• Agree
Reactions: rfh
So you're notion here is that Fred Jackson said to himself "Well, if I had a disciplinarian boss at my job I probably wouldn't drag race, but I don't so I'm just gonna floor it."

The dude has been in Seattle for like, 2 months? And suddenly he becomes an insane drag racer?

I think people consistently overestimate the reach an NFL team has into its employees' lives. Blaming Pete Carroll for Fred Jackson driving like an idiot is silly.
I don't blame Pete Carroll for anything I just said he runs a tight ship over there sarcastically. Do you disagree and believe he does in fact fun a tight ship in Seattle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did Lynch tell the police when asked?

Whatever they want to know. He just doesn't want to talk to the media. Kind of like a stoic head coach on the other side of the country.

Wait, you're telling me this team existed before Bill Belichick?! :confused:

I don't blame Pete Carroll for anything I just said he runs a tight ship over there sarcastically. Do you disagree and believe he does in fact fun a tight ship in Seattle?

I doubt he runs a tight ship but that's a second issue that I don't care about. The idea that there's a correlation between how strict a disciplinarian on the field a coach is and whether or not a player is going to get into a car accident from driving like an idiot/drag racing (which was the tenor of the original comment) is where I think people overestimate the reach that a coach has into one of his 60 or so players' lives.

I doubt he runs a tight ship but that's a second issue that I don't care about. The idea that there's a correlation between how strict a disciplinarian on the field a coach is and whether or not a player is going to get into a car accident from driving like an idiot/drag racing (which was the tenor of the original comment) is where I think people overestimate the reach that a coach has into one of his 60 or so players' lives.
My statement was not intended to debate what coaches should and shouldn't be held accountable for, it was a smug acknowledgment of what appears to be a very undisciplined Seattle team on and off the field. The remark we for humor.

I think you are being finicky here, looking for something to find issue with for some purposeless reason, if you don't believe he runs a tight ship either, essentially you are disagreeing with the context in which I acknowledged that, which is nit picking and a waste of both of our times. You stated not caring about the second issue, I'm perplexed that you are actually concerned with any issues... This just portrays you as a bored man looking for some under inflated footballs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore