PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Bob is not camera friendly but I actually thought Chandler was pretty good in those ads.
Yep. The Chandler is only $1199 at Bobs..

Bob will throw in some eye candy every now and then but overall those adds are low budget

Would a team give up a first rounder for chandler Jones?

Synthetic marijuana is a legal substance. That doesn't mean smoking it is smart.

Alcohol is also legal (and frankly more dangerous than almost any other drug, if you take into account how easy and cheap it is to get), but I don't think I'd want my starting defensive end having to get his stomach pumped less than a week before a playoff game, either.

We need him to be a factor on saturday as well. Just a stupid decision by chandler jones

Yes it was a stupid decision and move by Jones. But seriously people step back a little bit with the trade him now comments.

If this was the typical behavior from Jones you would have a point, but this is the first time in his four years he has done anything stupid.

Would a team give up a first rounder for chandler Jones?

not likely, unless...

22c2b73b90b6cdfab6c243231559ab58.jpg

Kevin Faulk and weed
Blount with weed
Talib with weed
Ty Law's "Cousin" and Ecstacy

I think we can grow the hell up about screaming to trade the guy.

This is all true. But - back to trading Jones - I think it's possible that he's gone after this season. I don't think it is because of this incident, but rather that BB will choose Collins & Hightower as the priorities. He does have a penchant for moving players a year early and the fine play of Sheard coupled with Flowers/Grissom picks might mean Jones is moved. Or, in bizarro world, the incident makes him affordable - though I still lean towards an offseason trade.

This is all true. But - back to trading Jones - I think it's possible that he's gone after this season. I don't think it is because of this incident, but rather that BB will choose Collins & Hightower as the priorities. He does have a penchant for moving players a year early and the fine play of Sheard coupled with Flowers/Grissom picks might mean Jones is moved. Or, in bizarro world, the incident makes him affordable - though I still lean towards an offseason trade.

It was possible before this whole fake grass nonsense.

He has one year left on his deal at ~$7.8m. If they can't get him into a cap-friendly or long-term deal, he might get peddled.

With that said, if they don't receive any significant bites, he'll finish out the 2016 season and they'll get a comp pick for him.

Yes it was a stupid decision and move by Jones. But seriously people step back a little bit with the trade him now comments.

If this was the typical behavior from Jones you would have a point, but this is the first time in his four years he has done anything stupid.

I don't think they'll trade him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive on Saturday.

Kevin Faulk and weed
Blount with weed
Talib with weed
Ty Law's "Cousin" and Ecstacy

I think we can grow the hell up about screaming to trade the guy.

I guess you could say at least those guys mostly had the sense to do it in the offseason, but I have no illusions that players stop smoking in the regular season. My guess is that Jones was too dumb to get clean for his annual preseason weed test, so now he's in the substance abuse program getting regularly tested. And if his solution to that was to turn to synthetic weed, then he's an idiot, because synthetic weed is crap.

That said, he's a good football player who gets after the QB and didn't commit a crime. He made a stupid mistake, but yeah, he's not going to get the axe over this. Even if they don't re-sign him after the season, I won't be convinced that this has much to do with it. Hightower, Collins, and Butler were likely already prioritized over him, and rightly so.

One thing the NBA gets right .... they can smoke weed if they wish.

Seriously the NBA needs to rethink this one and get with the rest of the country.

I love my Saab.

I loved mine too but gawd....always in the freaking shop. If my wife's uncle wasnt the svc manager and did minor stuff on the side for me I would have traded it in sooner

I don't think they'll trade him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive on Saturday.

lol, no ways he's inactive. This is the playoffs, not the time for games.

Bill should get his head checked if he decided to make Jones inactive on the biggest game of the year when he doesn't have to.

such arrogance if he does that. lol

still think we'd win.

I'd be about as shocked as it's humanly possible to be regarding something that only tangentially impacts one's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe