PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still confused on whether he was at Gronkowskis house or not.

The only place that was reported was Rotoworld, and they're a fantasy sports news aggregator. Not a single Patriots beat writer has mentioned this. Gronk missed practice because of a minor issue yesterday, and was at practice today.

Have you ever tried spice? I smoked it a couple of times when I was younger and I stopped because the last time I smoked it, I thought I was honestly having a heart attack. Scariest thing I've ever experienced, by far.

Tried it once, and yeah, my experience was pretty similar to yours. Absolutely hated it, was just paranoid and anxious the whole time. Ended up just locking myself in my room, turning the lights off, and laying in bed I came down. It pretty much ended my "As long as it's not heroin or meth I'll try it once" phase, now I just stick to drinking.

Also, FWIW I have a cousin who was a marine, and he told me years ago that this stuff was insanely prevalent in the armed forces. I think the DOD closed that loophole though, IIRC.

Last edited:
The only place that was reported was Rotoworld, and they're a fantasy sports news aggregator. Not a single Patriots beat writer has mentioned this. Gronk missed practice because of a minor issue yesterday, and was at practice today.
They are giving Gronk's knee some TLC.

d%#*!@t.

They need to trade him asap after this year. 3rd and a 5th and he's gone. What a maroon.

Why?

Did you say Rodney Harrison should be traded after he was suspended for using HGH?

Bolden?
Spikes?

They need to trade him asap after this year. 3rd and a 5th and he's gone. What a maroon.

I think a Pro Bowl RDE who smoked spice once (as far as we're concerned) could easily remain on this team.

Big difference taking something to heal you up so you can play (not sure what bolden took but rodney's was hgh), and spice. Jones did an incredibly stupid selfish thing. For what? First chance they get, they got to dump this schlamiel.

Why?

Did you say Rodney Harrison should be traded after he was suspended for using HGH?

Bolden?
Spikes?

Not really comparable, Harrison was using HGH to aid his rehab and his attempt to return to the field. Unlike what Jones did, it's illegal, but also unlike what Jones did, he was doing it to further his and the team's interests on the field. Jones was just a stupid person being stupid.

Big difference taking something to heal you up so you can play (not sure what bolden took but rodney's was hgh), and spice. Jones did an incredibly stupid selfish thing. For what? First chance they get, they got to dump this schlamiel.

Kevin Faulk and weed
Blount with weed
Talib with weed
Ty Law's "Cousin" and Ecstacy

I think we can grow the hell up about screaming to trade the guy.

Last edited:
I think a Pro Bowl RDE who smoked spice once (as far as we're concerned) could easily remain on this team.

Exactly.

KFaulk got nailed with pot. They gave Willie Andrews a 2nd chance (who then blew it). Ty as well. There are I'm sure several players in the last 15 years under the BB regime who have slipped up, took the punishment and went on to have great careers with the team and became solid members of the community.

I'm middle aged so I can't really comment with any experience if Spice is a recreational or hard core drug. It seems to me that it's more recreational in nature. That does not mean it isn't nasty but IMO what it does mean is that it's more culturally acceptable to use and that it doesn't carry the stigma like heroine, coke, meth, etc.

As long as Chandler gets more serious about his job and life and the team is convinced he has, outside of money there is no reason why he can't finish his career here.

Pats have signed/traded for the following guys who all were suspended for Drugs. Jones does something stupid for the first time in his career. Stop acting like this is a standard procedure for Jones. In fact all these failed tests and a suspension are selfish because these guys all had failed tests before they actually got suspended. And yet they continued to use.

Also based on history Belichick looks at this differently than fans, if you can help the team win he will overlook these things. If can't help on the field you are gone.

Gregory
Sammy Morris
Blount
Tyms
Browner
Talib
Shaun Ellis
Fred Davis
Mike Cloud
Shawn Springs
Brandon Spikes

People who smoke synthetic weed are idiots.

There's been enough headlines about that stuff that you would have to be completely oblivious to not know it's not good for you.

Chandler, being a professional athlete about to compete in the playoffs and also about to be a free agent smoking synthetic weed is a bigger moron.

Kevin Faulk and weed
Blount with weed
Talib with weed

Nah that was Faulk's cousin's weed ;)

People who smoke synthetic weed are idiots.

There's been enough headlines about that stuff that you would have to be completely oblivious to not know it's not good for you.

Chandler, being a professional athlete about to compete in the playoffs and also about to be a free agent smoking synthetic weed is a bigger moron.
CJ is signed with the team thru the 2016 season.

Two things that should be, but aren't.
Real weed should be at least as legal an unstigmatized as alcohol
Spice should never be referred to as "weed" or anything else related to marijuana. Real weed is safe to use and spice is ? random crap that has nothing at all to do with marijuana.

Two things that should be, but aren't.
Real weed should be at least as legal an unstigmatized as alcohol
Spice should never be referred to as "weed" or anything else related to marijuana. Real weed is safe to use and spice is ? random crap that has nothing at all to do with marijuana.

Right. Spice is literally just potpourri with chemicals sprayed on.

Agreed.

Those commercials are downright brutal. Their furniture is crap too.
Yeah, Bob is not camera friendly but I actually thought Chandler was pretty good in those ads.

Kevin Faulk and weed
Blount with weed
Talib with weed

I don't think some of these posters are aware that these guys are young and we all did stupid stuff when were young, just because he'a a rich athlete doesn't mean he's not stupid like us and can't mature. I bet there's a lot of stuff we don't hear about that's worse than this. Live and learn, it's not like he killed a guy he did something dumb and he can either grow up and put it behind him or keep doing dumb things. My bet is he grows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe