PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really sure its drug related? What if by some chance it was like appendicitis and the pain was so intense it made him somewhat disoriented?

If it were appendicitis he would have gotten surgery and missed at least 1 practice

Well this is a distraction the team really didn't need. Wonder if he was taking something relating to his abdomen injury and overdid it or mixed it with alcohol or Xanax or something.

So this just got Retweeted by someone on my feed:

Any chance it could just be something that innocent?

We need this guy to be a factor on saturday and we don't know now if he will be there mentally. Very frustrating. Everyone has to be on the same page to take on a very good chiefs team

So this just got Retweeted by someone on my feed:

Any chance it could just be something that innocent?

Could be. Maybe it is that simple. If true scary

I just can't get my head around CJ walking to the police station....

Sure sounds like some sleeping pills to me even before that alleged text screenshot.

So, the facts as we know them:
He went to the police confused. No laws were broken.
He was sent to the hospital and was released. No health issues.
No practices were missed.
No league drug tests were failed.

From an NFL point of view, nothing happened.

Urgent posted this earlier. It is by far the most intelligent post of the last 4 pages (as far back as I went). Important enough that it needs to be repeated....in bold.

Important concepts to remember.

Even people who are high don't go to the police station and give your house keys to the cops when you are involved with "class D" drugs.

Exactly what happened is really none of our business, no crimes were committed, and I doubt the Pats or Jones will tell us.....NOR should have have to.

Right now, I'm a lot less worried about the health and availability of Chandler Jones for Saturday]s game, than I am for Edelman, DA, and Volmer.

And keep in mind that the Patriots and/or the police can't say anything about medical issues outside a sports injury via the law.

Also, I don't see how there can be charges even if the cops found a Class D illegal substance in Jones's home. Did they have a warrant to go in there? There is a little matt erof the 4th Amendment - I don't know, maybe his condition allows for them to bypass that, but I doubt it.

Also, also, I know a few former pro-athletes. They spent years on legal, but powerful substances. Painkillers, mostly. That's heavy stuff. mixed with a few drinks or a pot brownie...or even sleeping pills can do strange things to people.

Let's hope he sleep walks himself right into Alex Smith ... multiple times.

Nobody here knows exactly what happened. At worst it seems like possession of weed, which if a small amount is a civil offense. Unless more info comes out, this isn't a big issue and not the NFL's concern. Then again. you woulda thought that about .2 PSI.

Sleeping pills are scary. There are more reports of people doing crazy things (like going for a drive) while taking sleeping pills than you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back