PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of us got suckered in when we were young. You've learned. It's a rite of passage in becoming a mature Boston Sports fan.

Do they still turn into a 100% political show during an election cycle? I want to say it was 2004 when I finally called it quits on EEI. It started with D&C when they turned into political talk radio as the election got near. All the rest fell from there. I even tried Felger when he went off on his own, but it didn't take long to realize he was going to be doing the same crap on a different station.

Maybe once or twice a year I'll tune in to EEI for a few minutes when I'm driving somewhere and I don't have my phone for music, or I can't find something else. Every time it happens its just the same ****. A couple of days ago I listened to about 10 minutes of D&C. The entire 10 minutes was a rant rippin Sandoval and Ramirez for reporting to spring training out of shape (yes, ripping them for something that hasn't even happened yet!). It was just painful to listen to. This during a Patriots playoff week. College football NC just happened. Celtics and Bruins are playing. Spring training is still over a month away, and they're talking Red Sox. You have just got to be kidding.
oh god yes... actually from what I remember, they inject politics into almost every conversation somehow...

So, the facts as we know them:
He went to the police confused. No laws were broken.
He was sent to the hospital and was released. No health issues.
No practices were missed.
No league drug tests were failed.

From an NFL point of view, nothing happened.

I agree'd with this but there was a flaw in it. He could well have been in possession of an illegal substance so laws could have broken. Considering his clean record till now though (as far as i know it is clean) It will probably not amount to much as a first offense. I would be very surprised if he spends even 1 day in jail. However something like a fine or even probation if he gets a hard ass he has to deal with is possible. I doubt the NFL takes action though. This kind of thing is not overly uncommon and usually drop it quick when not involving PEDs. Maybe they were prescription though but we don't know that yet.

IIRC the league does not make public players who enter it's substance abuse program.

In theory, he could have failed a test and we wouldn't know.

With that said, I highly doubt he did.

Last edited:
What the hell is going on?

Gronk missing from practice, Belichick with a black eye, Chandler Jones to the hospital

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. Thirdrule of Fight Club: Someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.

any idea who this doug moore guy is? more tweets this morning and he thinks this is a non-story
Doug Moore (@DMooreNFL) | Twitter

From his twitter bio:
-----
"Freelance #NFL writer/reporter. @FSWAMember. #FantasyFootball contributor for @Razzball & @BroJackson1. Host of@NickelPressTV FF Show.

Massachusetts
Joined February 2012"
-------
So he is a nobody, just like the rest of us (except Miguel and Ian). The "NFL" part after his name is evidently intended to fool people into thinking he has some gravitas.

I love the tone of his tweets and hope they are true, but he is simply one of us throwing $%!) against the wall and hoping some of it sticks. My favorites are when he tweets that 'several of his 'Patriots sources' tell him........yeah, those 'Patriots sources' are posts by you and me in this thread! :D

Based on what has been reported, yes.

but it sounds like he simply made a bad decision and will hopefully learn from his mistake.
It didn't appear as though they're going to pursue any charges, so he'll probably be placed into the league's substance abuse protocol, if he's not already there now. Either way, it probably won't affect his status for this week, or even this postseason should they advance.
Given his brother's troubles, I just hope Chandler is OK and gets some help. He's always seemed like a happy guy with a high motor and I'd hate to think there's trouble there. As for the distraction, sure it's unfortunate, but this team has dealt with much bigger distractions (deflategate anyone?) They know how to handle it. If they lose Saturday, it won't be because of this.

Yeah, a lot of us got suckered in when we were young. You've learned. It's a rite of passage in becoming a mature Boston Sports fan.

Do they still turn into a 100% political show during an election cycle? I want to say it was 2004 when I finally called it quits on EEI. It started with D&C when they turned into political talk radio as the election got near. All the rest fell from there. I even tried Felger when he went off on his own, but it didn't take long to realize he was going to be doing the same crap on a different station.

Maybe once or twice a year I'll tune in to EEI for a few minutes when I'm driving somewhere and I don't have my phone for music, or I can't find something else. Every time it happens its just the same ****. A couple of days ago I listened to about 10 minutes of D&C. The entire 10 minutes was a rant rippin Sandoval and Ramirez for reporting to spring training out of shape (yes, ripping them for something that hasn't even happened yet!). It was just painful to listen to. This during a Patriots playoff week. College football NC just happened. Celtics and Bruins are playing. Spring training is still over a month away, and they're talking Red Sox. You have just got to be kidding.

85% (last I knew - probably more now) of all radio stations in every major market in the US are owned by three companies which share a very specific political agenda. It's not by accident, and it's not because of the hosts...

He was using a Class D, aka the MaryJane. (1) Marihuana

Possibly he just got some really bad stuff and it affected him in a really bad way, maybe it was laced with bathsalts or something and he freaked out.

Either way, this moves him slightly down my Must resign list from right below Collins and Hightower, to arms length away.

SXHloZj.png

Sheldon Richardson drives 145 mph high as **** with a gun and a minor in a car and gets arrested it goes unmentioned for 2 weeks . That was just 10 days after he had just been suspended for 4 games for substance abuse.

Chandler Jones has a medical issue that freaked him out and goes to the nearest public safety building and hasn't been arrested. Has had zero problems before with any kind of substance abuse.

Yet Chandler Jones is the one that will get more scorn.

Last edited:
Sheldon Richardson drives 145 mph high as **** with a gun and a minor in a car and gets arrested it goes unmentioned for 2 weeks . While he had just been suspended for 4 games for substance abuse.

Chandler Jones has a medical issue that freaked him out and goes to the nearest public safety building and hasn't been arrested. Has had zero problems before with any kind of substance abuse.

Yet Chandler Jones is the one that will get more scorn.

The way I feel the winds blowing, the emphasis is going to be more on some kind of supposed wink-wink agreement between the Patriots and the police to hush everything up. See, the NFL doesn't care about Chandler Jones. They care about Bill Belichick. They want links to him, and if there's anything there they can spin that way, they'll jump on it.

From his twitter bio:
-----
"Freelance #NFL writer/reporter. @FSWAMember. #FantasyFootball contributor for @Razzball & @BroJackson1. Host of@NickelPressTV FF Show.

Massachusetts
Joined February 2012"
-------
So he is a nobody, just like the rest of us (except Miguel and Ian). The "NFL" part after his name is evidently intended to fool people into thinking he has some gravitas.

I love the tone of his tweets and hope they are true, but he is simply one of us throwing $%!) against the wall and hoping some of it sticks. My favorites are when he tweets that 'several of his 'Patriots sources' tell him........yeah, those 'Patriots sources' are posts by you and me in this thread! :D

Not saying the guy is legit or not, but it's not some kind of rocket science to get sources. You don't need to know any secret handshake. Talk to the janitor...the janitor introduces you to the concessions manager...you get invited to card night with a few Gillette employees...keep meeting more people, work your way up the ladder. If that's what you want to do, it can be done.

Sure, if you have ESPN or Boston Globe next to your name you get to skip a lot of that crap, but if you really do have connections in the organization you probably get less filtered info than the big name guys.

Are we really sure its drug related? What if by some chance it was like appendicitis and the pain was so intense it made him somewhat disoriented?

I've done a quick glance at every Class D on this list.

CLASS D

(a)

(1) Barbital

(2) Chloral betaine

(3) Chloral hydrate

(4) Ethchlorvynol

(5) Ethinamate

(6) Methohexital

(7) Meprobamate

(8) Methylphenobarbital

(9) Paraldehyde

(10) Petrichloral

(11) Phenobarbital

(b) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the following substances, or which contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:

(1) Marihuana

(2) Butyl Nitrite

(3) Isobutyl Nitrite

(4) 1?Nitrosoxy?Methyl?Propane.

General Laws: CHAPTER 94C, Section 31

I'm clueless re: "the drug scene" so maybe things can be mixed or chemically altered but it seems to me if what the cop found falls below (11) then I become concerned.

My issue in reading/hearing what the cop said, by saying an "obvious" Class D, that makes it sound like pot....but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back