PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX Sports hires Michael Strahan as new pregame show guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he can stop sucking down helium before he goes and talks on television. Or hit puberty. Whichever comes first.

Anyway, I was WAYYYY against Strahan going on national television at first to join the likes of Emmitt Smith and the since departed Michael Irvin, but now I don't mind as much. Reason being that he will at least speak his mind and let those little homos know what he thinks every once in a while. I think it's a good thing when people speak their mind and call out people like Terry Bradshaw for saying something dumb on a whim.

I kind of like Terry Bradshaw. I'm a big fan of the playing dumb, when you're not really dumb act.

I like Strahan, too.

If it weren't on Fox, who inexplicably feels the need to add dancing ******* robots to any broadcast, that pre-game package of Howie, Jimmy Johnson, Terry, and Strahan would be the best. CBS has the best production and Marino and Esiason are pretty good while Cowher has the ability to give good analysis provided it has absolutely nothing to do with Pittsburgh... but Shannon Sharpe is a black hole of suck.

NBC doesn't even warrant this sentence.

Another reason to hate watching Fox when the Pats are on the road against an NFC team - I can just see now the snide grin Mike will have when he gets to be commentor when the Pats play at Seattle :mad: - stomp 'this' out azzhole...

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/06/fox_signs_strahan_as_nfl_comme.php

Fox Sux!

How is Strahan going to balance these duties with his new show on "OutTV" and his scheduled monthly appearances at Dennis Rodman's VooDoo Lounge Show in Fort Lauderdale?

www.outtv.ca/

www.voodooloungeflorida.com/venue.php

I dont have a problem with Strahan,and as for FOX,they dont have a bad pre-game show,IMHO,and they were of of the few networks to air spots where the hosts supported BB and the Pats re spygate,,,that counts in my book....

Can Fox make Strahan do something with those teeth at least?

Re: Fox Sports hires Michael Strahan as new game commentator

I'm not a giants fan, but Strahan seem s like a decent enough guy, has a personality, he will probably suck.

In all fairness I would give him a shot.

Strahan is an intelligent guy ... I like him.

I agree with all of that, and he's somewhat TV proven from being a frequent guest or "panel member" on the Best Damn Sports Show, Period". He is really good on that show, best attributes being his big smile, smart enough guy and infectious personality.

Oh for crying out loud I cant take anymore!!!!!!

I'm so sick and tired of the tongue bathing some people on this board give the Giants and their players.

I hate the Giants!!! I hate them more than the Jets. More than the Colts. More than the Chargers. More than ANY TEAM!!!

I hate their players and their fans.

And dont you pretend for one second they dont hate us. So stop, in an effort to forgot how painful Super Bowl loss to them, pretend like you respect their team and like their players on here. That is BS.

I will never sit through or watch another Giants game in my life!!! That is how much hate I have for that team!

So all you posters who want to write about Strahan's great winning personality and how much you like him...GET A ROOM! I dont want to read about it on a New Englans Patriots message board. And dont think for one second that a Giants message board would allow good words written about one of our players on theirs.

Our fanbase and organization needs to get a back bone and stop being pushovers.

Another former player that I won't be able to stand.

He'll be a gap analyst.

was he a one gap or two gap d lineman ?

can he close the gap on that show ?

there's a pretty big gap between strahan and howie long.

does strahan like the gap band ?

does strahan rep for the gap ?

there's strahan rockin' the gap ?

unfortunately, i can think of a hundred more.

please don't show up on my tv mr. strahan, cuz all i'll be able to think about is what size rope you use to floss.

Re: Fox Sports hires Michael Strahan as new game commentator

I don't know why there isn't some sort of rule against hiring players as broadcasters as soon as they retire. Barber and Bettis are two of the most biased guys on TV and I see no reason whatsoever why Strahan should be any different.

It is what it is.

Strahan's likeable enough and seems to have a brain between his ears, so they could have done worse. Let's face it, New York is a huge media market and the networks are always going to be biased towards their players.

I can't wait to see Strahan's outtakes where he messes up, gets pissed off at himself, and smashes the table really hard or cusses up a storm at everyone else ala Chris Berman and Dan Marino.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, YouTube Top 10 meltdowns and look for Berman or Marino in the main pic. There's also a couple of hilarious ones on there from regular anchors and local newscasters. Really good stuff.

I can't wait to see Strahan's outtakes where he messes up, gets pissed off at himself, and smashes the table really hard or cusses up a storm at everyone else ala Chris Berman and Dan Marino.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, YouTube Top 10 meltdowns and look for Berman or Marino in the main pic. There's also a couple of hilarious ones on there from regular anchors and local newscasters. Really good stuff.

Its going to be like "Strahan Smash!!"

Table falls to pieces....then Marino and Berman leave the set.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back