PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX Sports hires Michael Strahan as new pregame show guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports hires Michael Strahan as new game commentator

I'm not a giants fan, but Strahan seem s like a decent enough guy, has a personality, he will probably suck.

In all fairness I would give him a shot.

I'm not a giants fan, but Strahan seem s like a decent enough guy, has a personality, he will probably suck.

I would give him 'a shot' too if I could ,But you can't shoot people,its against the law :p

I would give him 'a shot' too if I could ,But you can't shoot people,its against the law :p

=====================================

You know as former Super Bowl winner, and future hall of famer, the networks will milk him for all they can.

I don't know why there isn't some sort of rule against hiring players as broadcasters as soon as they retire. Barber and Bettis are two of the most biased guys on TV and I see no reason whatsoever why Strahan should be any different.

I don't know why there isn't some sort of rule against hiring players as broadcasters as soon as they retire. Barber and Bettis are two of the most biased guys on TV and I see no reason whatsoever why Strahan should be any different.

If his voice was able to be understood better,I think Brett Favre would have made an excellent commentator,I think he is not one of those biased individuals and just seems like a decent guy now and would probably be much like a Phil Simms.

If his voice was able to be understood better,I think Brett Favre would have made an excellent commentator,I think he is not one of those biased individuals and just seems like a decent guy now and would probably be much like a Phil Simms.

yeah i could see Farve as a commentator.....his insight would make for a good program.....

Blame our offensive line, not Fox - for allowing Strahan the opportunity to rag on us whenever he feels fit.

Is it against the rules to like Michael Strahan? I really do. A lot.

he does not seem like a great speaker in the interviews and press conferenaces he has done, but maybe he will be better on fox. he cant be worse than shannon sharp who is almost impossible to understand at times

Re: Fox Sports hires Michael Strahan as new pregame commentator

Read the story. He's not going to be a game commentator. He's going to be on the pregame and postgame shows, a la Howie Long or Terry Bradshaw.

I agree. Give him a shot Hith Lithp might be too annoying, but I'll give him a shot.

Bret Favre giving himself the newscaster treatment of Bret Favre. That be creepy.:)

Even with Strahan they still won't be as bad as NBC sports. They're getting there though.

Another reason to hate watching Fox when the Pats are on the road against an NFC team - I can just see now the snide grin Mike will have when he gets to be commentor when the Pats play at Seattle :mad: - stomp 'this' out azzhole...

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/06/fox_signs_strahan_as_nfl_comme.php

He's going to be a studio analyst, but aside from that, Fox shows AFC-NFC games when the AFC is the home team, so we got Fox for Arizona and St Louis at home this year.

Hopefully he can stop sucking down helium before he goes and talks on television. Or hit puberty. Whichever comes first.

Anyway, I was WAYYYY against Strahan going on national television at first to join the likes of Emmitt Smith and the since departed Michael Irvin, but now I don't mind as much. Reason being that he will at least speak his mind and let those little homos know what he thinks every once in a while. I think it's a good thing when people speak their mind and call out people like Terry Bradshaw for saying something dumb on a whim.

Good Grief! Do they want the studio to have its own 53-man roster? Nothing against Strahan, but it seems like these pregame shows are getting crowded.

"And now we'll send it back to Jimmy, Howie, Curt, Terry, Michael, Danny, Rusty, Frank, Basher, Reuben, Virgil, Turk, Livingston, Yen, Saul aaaaaand Linus in the studio."

To quote Bill Simmons: "When you add a fifth person to a four-man studio show, and you're not getting rid of any of the other four people, by my calculations, that's too many people." Read the full column here. It's funny.

One good thing about Strahan joining the crew at Fox is that now we get to see Frank Caliendo impersonate him!

Strahan is a funny guy. I'll bet he's going to be pretty good. People need to grow a thicker skin. There aren't boogie men under the bed. If he makes fun of the Pats, I'm sure it will be done in jest. Unlike a lot of others, Strahan doesn't take himself too seriously.

Strahan is a funny guy. I'll bet he's going to be pretty good. People need to grow a thicker skin. There aren't boogie men under the bed. If he makes fun of the Pats, I'm sure it will be done in jest. Unlike a lot of others, Strahan doesn't take himself too seriously.
I agree with all of that, and he's somewhat TV proven from being a frequent guest or "panel member" on the Best Damn Sports Show, Period". He is really good on that show, best attributes being his big smile, smart enough guy and infectious personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes