PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Artrell Hawkins arrested for DUI in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Former Patriot Artrell Hawkins Arrested

I like how they phrased it

Former Bengals Player Arrested After Gas Station Collision

Seriously though I liked Hawkins a lot I was sad to see him go, maybe he was drinking out of shame for trying out for the Jets?

That was dissapointing to see as I was always impressed with the way Hawkins carried himself. He did what he was asked and was a very versatile player. Switching to safety and filling in nicely while also contributing on different special teams. I know he was injured but he was someone that I couldnt figure out why he didn't get picked up. The guy was a starting player at times for a few years for us. I don't see how he couldn't be a contributor let alone a roster filler for teams like the Bengals, Dolphins or Rams.

"Do you know who I am?" Yes, Artrell, you were an angry, maybe drunk customer fighting outside my gas station at 3am! Stupid move going back after being arrested to chastise the attendant!

I don't see how he couldn't be a contributor let alone a roster filler for teams like the Bengals, Dolphins or Rams.

+1. I was surprised he was cut this year. Hate to see this. He was always good on WEEI too.

The mental toll if must have to be cut from a team which is second to only your family, has got to be tough.
It's things like this that lead people to excessive drinking and acting normally like they would not.
I would love to see him come back as a coaching intern somewhere.
With his booming voice it be easy for the players to pay attention and maybe respect the guy more.
Plus DP always said the way he handled the mental and physical aspects of safety was very impressive.
Always loved this guy

Definitely a shame to see. It can't be easy suddenly finding yourself on the sidelines and out of work, but that's no excuse for that kind of behavior. (I'd speculate that the tirade at the clerk came from realizing that police involvement virtually assured that his NFL career was over.)

To be fair maybe the clerk calling the police was unwarranted, Hawkins gets a little tipsy, maybe not the kindest to the clerk and the clerk calls the police out of spite knowing that at night the police will treat this guy more severe when a call of distress is put out.
I can't see him harassing the clerk this guy was a role model player and as far as I knew citizen.

When he spoke, the women in my household all turned their heads to look.

That was dissapointing to see as I was always impressed with the way Hawkins carried himself. He did what he was asked and was a very versatile player. Switching to safety and filling in nicely while also contributing on different special teams. I know he was injured but he was someone that I couldnt figure out why he didn't get picked up. The guy was a starting player at times for a few years for us. I don't see how he couldn't be a contributor let alone a roster filler for teams like the Bengals, Dolphins or Rams.

Ditto steve. Artrell did carry himself well here, maybe it's a difference in lockerroom influence.

Last edited:

Bad decision on Artrell's part.

I'll let those that have never driven after having a few drinks chime in here....should be a short thread.

I like how they phrased it

"Former Bengals Player Arrested After Gas Station Collision"

Seriously though I liked Hawkins alot I was sad to see him go, maybe he was drinking out of shame for trying out for the Jets?
That's because it is a Cincinnati web site.

To be fair maybe the clerk calling the police was unwarranted, Hawkins gets a little tipsy, maybe not the kindest to the clerk and the clerk calls the police out of spite knowing that at night the police will treat this guy more severe when a call of distress is put out.
I can't see him harassing the clerk this guy was a role model player and as far as I knew citizen.

Excuses, excuses. I am almost glad the fairy land veneer is wearing through for our team. We have a lot of talented players, most of whom are really great human beings also.

But they are human beings. Some have great character, some are probably jerks. The one thing they have in common is they take football seriously and keep their nose relatively clean or they are gone.

Artrell was one of my favorite player of recent years, but he apparently f**ed up.

He was sh**faced drunk, backed into somebody, argued with them then came back and threatened the store clerk, according to the story.

He wasn't slightly tipsy on a spot of sherry, engaging a passerby in conversation about an unfortunate fender bender, then politely questioning the store clerk about the necessity of reportage.:rolleyes:

The truth will set you free.

That's a shame to read.

When he spoke, the women in my household all turned their heads to look.

That is some voice.

Artrell is going to get all of James Earl Jones' work once the big guy departs the scene.

Hope everything turns out well for him. He goes back to Ohio and reverts to Bengal form right away. That's too bad.

no wonder we cut him.
its the situation that bring out the true character of a person
very unpatriot like. Former bengal lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye