PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former OL Coach of the Dolphins on Adam Schein's Show - AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy doesn't mince words. Really reinforces so many things people had figured out here already.

Is the tide starting to turn, or is it my rosey Patriot glasses???

Sorry, rose tinted glasses. There's an old saw that says "follow the money" and the result will bear that influence, mark my words. I am not at all optimistic this will turn out remotely close to what this board would like it to. I would love to be wrong but nothing good ever comes out of NYC and the NFL.

bd2c2a51ec2aac0ac300a861f0cdd761ceb09c97085ac82e861983fe05ce1909.jpg

Wow, just wow.

One biased report is hard to prove. Get another report from the same guy, that apparently has the same problems, jump on in. It gives you more believability. That interview, especially about the "context" in regards to explanations and the information left out of the report has been becoming clearer.
Time to dig up some other Wells "investigations". Give hiim the Cosby treatment. ( no disrespect meant to Cosby's victims) enough crap comes out and he will be toast.
Who else did Wells investigate?

doesn't matter Philly...Wells is "IMPECCABLE!!!!"...pure as the driven Snowdell said so...it's GOTTA be true....

While I have no trouble believing everything he says about Wells, as it's is consistent with what we've all witnessed, even factoring in the likelihood that Wells' report on the Dolphins' bullying scandal was every bit as slanted as his hatchet job on Brady, I have a hard time imagining what could possibly be in the testimony Wells left out that would excuse Turner for what was going on in that locker-room on his watch.

Could you imagine anything even close to that lack of professionalism being tolerated on a Belicheck-run team?

I'm sure that there are other teams in which the inmates are allowed to run the asylum like that, and Turner might indeed have a case against Wells/Goodell for being singled out and made a pariah so the league can pass it off as an isolated incident when it's not.

But that doesn't mean I want a coach who'd let that kind of situation get out of control like that anywhere in the Patriots' organization, and I'd be willing to bet Belicheck wouldn't either.

While I have no trouble believing everything he says about Wells, as it's is consistent with what we've all witnessed, even factoring in the likelihood that Wells' report on the Dolphins' bullying scandal was every bit as slanted as his hatchet job on Brady, I have a hard time imagining what could possibly be in the testimony Wells left out that would excuse Turner for what was going on in that locker-room on his watch.

Could you imagine anything even close to that lack of professionalism being tolerated on a Belicheck-run team?

I'm sure that there are other teams in which the inmates are allowed to run the asylum like that, and Turner might indeed have a case against Wells/Goodell for being singled out and made a pariah so the league can pass it off as an isolated incident when it's not.

But that doesn't mean I want a coach who'd let that kind of situation get out of control like that anywhere in the Patriots' organization, and I'd be willing to bet Belicheck wouldn't either.

If I understand you correctly, what happened made Turner unlikeable. So him getting railroaded is not the same as Brady getting railroaded.
I think the underlying logic to that is when the powers that be are allowed to railroad someone, even an unlikeable someone, then everyone is open to railroading for any reason the powers that be 'arbitrarily' decide. To take the logic one step further, those that validated the railroading because it was being done to someone who did things that made him unlikeable, it aided the next person, for example Brady, to get railroaded.

I'm curious regarding Turner's abhorrence. Where did you get your information to form your cemented opinion of him? I assume now that you have seen how Wells/Goodell will twist words and actions to suit what their selling (and do so without honor, fairness or honesty), you are sketpical about anything they said but have more than enough information from other independent sources, for example the many eyewitnesses in the lockerroom, to say he is abhorrent regardless of those "investigating" and "providing the most information" on him being scummy?

If I understand you correctly, what happened made Turner unlikeable. So him getting railroaded is not the same as Brady getting railroaded.
I think the underlying logic to that is when the powers that be are allowed to railroad someone, even an unlikeable someone, then everyone is open to railroading for any reason the powers that be 'arbitrarily' decide. To take the logic one step further, those that validated the railroading because it was being done to someone who did things that made him unlikeable, it aided the next person, for example Brady, to get railroaded.

I'm curious regarding Turner's abhorrence. Where did you get your information to form your cemented opinion of him? I assume now that you have seen how Wells/Goodell will twist words and actions to suit what their selling (and do so without honor, fairness or honesty), you are sketpical about anything they said but have more than enough information from other independent sources, for example the many eyewitnesses in the lockerroom, to say he is abhorrent regardless of those "investigating" and "providing the most information" on him being scummy?

The two cases aren't remotely similar. Just because Ted Wells is the investigator doesn't make Turner innocent. Unlike in his investigation of Brady, there was plenty of hard evidence in the Dolphins' bullying scandal. Multiple members of the Dolphins' organization testified that they witnessed Turner not just turning a blind eye to, but actually participating in some of the bullying of not only Doug Martin, but also another Dolphins lineman who didn't want to be identified for fear of reprisal, as well as a member of the training staff, who was also the recipient of racial epithets. There were also multiple text messages and voicemails from Incognito filled with abusive language, including racist and homophobic slurs.

So it's basically just like Deflategate... only if two teammates and a trainer said they heard Brady tell McNally and Jastremski to deflate the balls after the refs checked them, and there were text messages between the two of them explicitly plotting how they were going to do it.

As I said, I absolutely believe that Wells formulated his report to make Turner look as bad as possible, and left out any testimony that might present extenuating circumstances. But given the amount of hard evidence of what was going on in that locker room, I can't imagine that anything could possibly make him look sufficiently good that I'd want him on the Pats. At the end of the day, he's the coach, and he was unable to keep his players from behaving in a professional manner. Belichick sat Welker for part of a playoff game for indirectly referencing Rex Ryans' foot fetish. Do you think he'd tolerate the kind of jackassery that was rampant among the Dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes